This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your take on rotas

i always wondered what the people of stanceworks thought about rotas.

discuss...
    ew fuck fake wheels
    0%
    i think theyre good wheels
    0%
    i dont really care.
    0%
    Flickr
    need your fenders rolled or your car shot? pm me for info! =]

they are fine if you rollin a dd on cut springs.

but when you have a honda civic with $1800 coilovers, RHD conversion and a b18 swap, with a turbo........ FAIL.

IMO, real wheels are easy to come by (used) for a few hundred more than a new set of rotas.

Comment

Id rather rock sportmax or DR steelies in the same price range

Why? cuz.

Flickr

Comment

as long as the wheels look good on your car, i dont see why it should be a problem.
        -Jason
        http://project-a3.blogspot.com

Comment

imo theyre good if ur on a budget, or if u would like some good DD wheels while u keep ur real gangster shit in the garage. but if u are spending a couple g's on other ballin parts and ur rockin rotas, theres something wrong...
          haha
          Flickr

Comment

My problem is that the only place i feel like id use rotas is for track/ autox.. but ive heard enough quality issues that id rather just run stock weaves

Flickr

Comment

Never liked fake wheels.

Just don't claim them that they are WORKs/Volks or put WORK/Volk Stickers.

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
              Originally posted by Oxer
              You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
              Originally posted by Average_Jerk
              Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

I don't see the big deal. If you like the wheel and it does what its supposed to do with out issues then who cares who its made by?

Comment

Rotas are pretty chill. they are prob one of if not the best replica wheel company out there, and most of their designs are pretty descent looking. I was rolling with slipstreams on my boosted eg hatch back in the day pushing 305whp/230wtq and they held up beautifully not to mention countless canyon runs. There are many other replica wheels that look like complete shiit out there.
                  Shyne~Fitment Done Right---Your #1 socal fender roller

Comment

Originally posted by jasonklee View Post
                    Never liked fake wheels.

Just don't claim them that they are WORKs/Volks or put WORK/Volk Stickers.
                    i was at a sticker shop a few months back getting some decals for my website done, a dude that was there getting some stuff done was trying to get the gram lights logo done so he could put them on his rotas.

Comment

I'm pretty set on getting the P45R's, but I drive a Hyundai, so that's my excuse hahaha.

Actually, it's because the B*Racing wheels that they are the rep of aren't made or easily found anymore, but the one site I found them on wants to ass rape you on shipping. If I am gonna pay 2g's for wheels I'll get some Advans where half the damn price isn't shipping. But I just really really love the concave-ness of the Rotas.

Comment

I think we all know Mike's thoughts on them

Honestly, I don't think I mind them. I'm a pretty budget-ballin type of guy, so I can see myself getting a set if I had no way of affording the real deal. I would always tell people straight up that they are rotas though; trying to pass them off as real is just stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by byron View Post
                          i would always tell people straight up that they are rotas though; trying to pass them off as real is just stupid.
                          yes
                          Flickr

Comment

Whatever floats your boat. Personally I'm not one for them, but I don't mind them really.

The only wheels I really mind are fake splits, i dunno really if Rota has anything like that in their line up. Fake splits are more than gay and can fuck off to the deepest pits of hell... or something. yeah.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

I'd never try to pass of Rotas as the real thing either, and on top of that I think the wheel's secondary function is to add to the appearance of the car, and if a cheap wheel completes the look, then what's wrong with that?

Comment

Working...
                              X