Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I drive a Volvo

Hi all!

I drive a Volvo, a Volvo 850R from 1996 to be precise. I'm from the Netherlands and stumbled upon this forum by accident when I found some pictures of Mike Burrough's slammed, chopped, rusted, and what not BMW. Epic car.
    I absolutely love the look of those car's and really enjoy browsing this forum, just checking what people are doing to their cars. It's amazing to see some of the transformations the cars are going thru.

Just to be clear, I'm not going to be doing anything like that to my car, it's fine as it is. I use it as a DD so it has to be practical. It's lowered 40mm on Apex springs and bilstein shocks, and I put some 18" Pegasus reps on there. The only thing I will be doing in the future is space out the rear wheels, they are a bit too far into the fenders. But that's it as far as stance goes.
    I will be re-trimming the inside of the car (roof, and all pillars) in alcantara soon, so I might show that off here.

Here is some pictures of my car, enjoy.

(Piece of crap iPhone camera, really need to buy a real camera)

Thnx....

i love these wagons, theres a whole thread on "volvo appreciation"

welcome to StanceWorks
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
      i love these wagons, theres a whole thread on "volvo appreciation"
      I know, already went through it. It's amazing so many people seem to love Volvo's! LOL

Comment

I never even know what you could do to a volvo before I really saw them on here
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

It's not easy, I'm scaping all the time at the front, and it's only gone down 40mm. My inner fenders are already gone. But it can be done:

edit: It seems I was not totally clear, this car here is not mine, the green one is. LOL

This car is on bags.
          Last edited by Tedd81; 11-18-2010, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Love the sticker, way better than Ferrari.... Welcome to SW.
            ///M 2.0
            G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

Originally posted by Jersh View Post
              Love the sticker, way better than Ferrari.... Welcome to SW.
              Thanks, I already got some thumbs up from some Ferrari drivers! LOL

I forgot that I had a car once that was quite low. At least at the front. Too bad I don't have this anymore. Had to buy a house, settle down, etc.

And than there was this one. Loved it! Not soo low, but a lot lower than it used to be when I first got it.

Comment

That 850 is a very nice wagon! It seems you need it lower, and tyrestretch on your R-wheels

Good work!
                E36 LOWERIT

Comment

Loving it man! That comes from another fellow Volvo owner trying to achieve the ultimate stance! I've got a 98 s70 t5 and am on VolvoSpeed and SwedeSpeed as JVC so you might know of me depending on what forums you're on.

Welcome to the Madness... err... I mean Stanceworks! haha

-John

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Thnx all.

I'm browsing all sorts of forums lately, kinda slow at work.
                      So I'm on VolvoSpeed, SwedeSpeed, but also the dutch Volvo850Forum. It seems I'm usually a read kind of guy, not really posting much, but I like this forum so I decided to sign up, so I could comment sometimes.
                      I have seen some names before, JVC, but also Mattphi.

Mattphi, I love what you've done with your LH fender, the sticker is so different, love it!

Thnx....

Comment

Sweet Volvo. Lots of potential

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
                        Originally posted by Oxer
                        You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
                        Originally posted by Average_Jerk
                        Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

right on man pretty sick R. That is clean im from Canada and am a huge volvo fiend. I own a 94 T5 estate. straight piped, K&N cone. poly mounts, eibach springs, bilstein struts, widening my steelies soon, ricca tuning aswell. just wanted to show some volvo love. im on Swedespeed, volvospeed, turbobricks, mathew's volvo forums. just recently got into this site and im loveing it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

remember practice safe sex do it in a volvo
                          94 volvo 850 estate(that means wagon ) T5 straight piped :P, remade inlet pipe + K&N cone, poly mounts. (down and out)

96 volvo 850 saloon T5M 5spd, straight piped, solid inlet piping, air intake, poly mounts, S60R turbo control valve, S70 cluster

Comment

Originally posted by tedd81 View Post

this car is on bags.
                            do this!

Comment

ya look at that then look at my car it has T5R suspension, eibach lowering springs and bilstein struts is low compaird to most volvo's but still a monster truck next to that.
                              94 volvo 850 estate(that means wagon ) T5 straight piped :P, remade inlet pipe + K&N cone, poly mounts. (down and out)

96 volvo 850 saloon T5M 5spd, straight piped, solid inlet piping, air intake, poly mounts, S60R turbo control valve, S70 cluster

Comment

Working...
                              X