Farewell to my E36 Touring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farewell to my E36 Touring.

So, you may or may not remember me. I used to post here a bunch.

The last few years I've been pretty quiet since I hadn't driven the car too much. But now that it's parted out and the shell got picked up today, I figured it was time for a farewell post.

How I bought it in 2009 as a bone stock 323iA Touring:

Then for 2010 I installed M bumpers, skirts and mouldings, smoked turns, smoked MHW tails, AP coilovers and put on Style 32s off a E38 7-series, measuring 8x18 ET20 and 9x18 ET22 with 215/35/18 all around.

That year, my dad drove a 323ti that looked like the twin to my Touring, he sold that in 2011:

January 2011 I had a slight crash where I slid into a sign pole and took it off the road for a rebuild.

I got it ready for 2012 with fresh paint and sitting pretty on BBS RFs measuring 8.5x17 ET13 up front and 9.5x17 ET13 in the rear, wrapped in 205/40 and 225/35 and also the first AC Schnitzer part - the stainless Schnitzer exhaust.

That time I broke down near the Nürburgring in an event with hundreds of people walking by:

I even rocked M3 GT splitters for a day... until I broke them the same evening

Broke down again, got towed by another Touring and then on a trailer.

In 2013 it was no longer my daily, I bought the E38 for daily duties (I bought a E34 in winter 2012 for that as well, but I quickly sold the E34 again)

Same year, I also went on a roadtrip to france in it, with 4 people and luggage in the car. No rubbing.

In 2014 I broke the bumper and decided it was time for sourcing Schnitzer parts. Did a quick fix on the bumper for the time being while I was searching and drove the car 6 hours to Munich to pick up a car for a friend and broke down again and had to be towed.

In 2015 it was back with AC Schnitzer bumpers!

In 2016 I finally completed the AC Schnitzer kit with matching skirts and a roof wing:

After completing it, the car broke down once again, on the first drive out. Engine was done for this time, it sounded really bad. I thought long and hard about what to do.

In the end, I decided against repairing it and parting it out in favor of a new project. I love(d) the car to bits, but damn if I hadn't been lusting after hundreds of other cars over the years.

So today the shell was picked up after I completed parting it out.

I no longer own a BMW.

I still daily my Audi A8 that I bought in 2015, but I'm thinking about changing that up in 2017. I don't know yet what the replacement will be. Thinking I might want to try a Volvo or Mercedes. But maybe also another BMW, who knows.

My new project car is a '90 VW Golf.

In conclusion, it was an incredible journey and I'm very thankful to all the people I met and the friends I made, just because of my car. I've also been very, very humbled by some people who responded on facebook and instagram when I started the part out. It's been a hell of a time. And even though I don't own a BMW anymore at this point, mark my words - I'll be back in a BMW someday.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

One of the builds I was following waaaaay before I even made my account. Amazing build man, amazing photography too

Comment

I meeeember lol

Sad to see it's gone man, it was a great looking car.
      1993 BMW 325i Cabrio Mauritius Blau
      2015 Subaru BRZ Crystal Black Silica
      flickr

Comment

Glad you have another project you are enthusiastic about. Touring looked great!

@projects_always

Comment

really nice!!

Comment

sad to see it go away.. but good luck to your new project.!!

i remember when you got those BBS RFs..!!!

Comment

Dang Bastien, I had no idea. The car looked amazing in nearly all stages. Sad to see it go that way, but you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

Comment

Working...
              X