Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bagging a 2005 Mercedes CLK w209...

Hey Guys,
    I'm interested in bagging a 2005 Mercedes CLK. Here is the problem, nobody makes a bolt on kit. Airrex used to make one that fit the w203 (01-07 c-class) which also fit the w209 (03-09 clk) But they told me they took it off the market due to problems with it.

My question is if i just go universal bags over my Megan coilovers, do you think i would encounter the same problems?

Anyone in here ever bag a w203 or w209 that might be able to help? Suggestions, Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

-Roland
    -Roland...

If you don't mind some fabrication work, Air Lift Performance offers complete universal struts. http://www.airliftperformance.com/pr...al-air-struts/

Lower than you......http://www.airliftperformance.com/

Comment

If you choose to go the bag-over-coil route, make sure their measurements are enough to get you as low as you want. The problem with those particular bags is that they don't compress as much as you'd like, so you need a ton of space above the tires to get the car low enough without trouble.

The Airlift Universal struts may be a good option. We did an article with photos and an explanation to give readers an idea about what goes into it. The requirements for your vehicle may vary, but this ought to at least give a good introduction.

Comment

Hey Guys,
        Thanks for the replies. I've been doing some research and have come across some very good information. The only problem that I think i will have is the front bags. I'm running Megan coilovers and i want to use these with the bags, but here is the problem. I'm not sure if anyone here is familiar with the suspension on a w209 CLK or a w203 C(they are pretty much the same thing) I am running an 8.5" wheel +20, but i had to use a 5mm spacer because the tire was hitting the spring.

Now if i replace the regular spring with an air spring, there is no way it would fit in there without rubbing the tires. The coilover spring has a 3.5" outside diameter. I have looked but have not found a bag that thin.

My question is there something i can use that has that small of an outside diameter? Has anyone run into this type of situation? I was thinking of maybe fabricating some sort of spacer that will make the bag sit above the tire, but not sure if that is safe or reliable. Any ideas or suggestion will help. Thanks!
        -Roland...

Comment

so after speaking to a few installers, it looks like there has to be a lot of fab work done front and rear. No wonder there are no kits made for this car. But i guess its too late to turn back now....

photo 20140923_180017_zps146f4d2e.jpg

photo 20140923_175704_zps8254379d.jpg

photo 20140923_175819_zps05fc820f.jpg
          -Roland...

Comment

Working...
          X