Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi.

Small update and then I'm outta here again

I replaced the steering/track rods for some brand new ones from Mapco.
    The old ones on the car were seized up. So that made alignment a little difficult before

I will still re-use the old ones on the white turd eventually. But that will be one of my later concerns.

How they came out of the box (not really corrosion-friendly).
    No grease or any form of lubrication on there.

So first things first:

Greased them up with special thread grease. I'm not sure what the brand or the exact compound is. But I do know it works brilliant, and I use it on basically everything that need to come of at some point. Also wheel bolts, nuts, lugs etc, etc.
    I will post details about it later.

Then I replaced the clamping nuts and bolts for some stainless because those won't rust to shits.

Then I refurbished the Pitman arms too:

Then the last problem that I got stuck on:
    The center track rod that I ordered, had a different sizing in the conical joints. I ordered them using my license plate (that's a nifty system that we use in NL) so that the available parts that you need are directly displayed for your car only.

Apparently the person that filled in the license plate system fucked up big time with my car, because according to the system mine is a 1st gen that was produced between 85 and 86. The part that I ordered was for a 86 to 89 model. And apparently THAT SINGLE FUCKING PART was the reason of change for MB between the 85-86 and the 86-89...

So now I'll have to wait for the correct part to arrive ffsake.

The problem:

Ok, bye again

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOD9dz3bSTk"]Epic Zoidberg sneak out[/ame]

Last edited by loekaaz; 09-22-2017, 05:16 AM.
    Lucas
    Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
    Originally posted by LCG
    High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

• Zoidberg ftw
      Dutch language sounds like a drunk German trying to speak English, while on magic mushroom, eating Belgian waffles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justdont95 View Post
        Zoidberg ftw
        Lol. Loekaaz you're the only other one on here who lives that W124 life gimme some updates

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
        I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

• i Love that Number plate System in the Netherlands!!

GOD ONLY LOVES YOU
          WHEN YOUR CAR IS LOW AS FCK!

Project page:
          "1971 W114 230.6"

Future BagRider

Comment

• bruh that engine refinishing though!

2001 BMW 560i 6.0 LSx/T56 SOLD

2000 Corvette Hardtop FRC

Comment

• Hi Lucas, though I hadnt come up before Ive´followed with high interest your whole never ending build about your 260e. Until the day I first saw it thought that there was no one else on earth taking care of an 86 260e w124, apart from me. Felt so pleased to see another one getting some love. Now I can also tell you that my ongoing project is also soooo long term (started back in 2012) and dont expect it to be ended before 2018 so someone arround kind of understands your slow move haha. Anyway expecting some updates one of this years. Regards from Spain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Villamarin View Post
                Hi Lucas, though I hadnt come up before Ive´followed with high interest your whole never ending build about your 260e. Until the day I first saw it thought that there was no one else on earth taking care of an 86 260e w124, apart from me. Felt so pleased to see another one getting some love. Now I can also tell you that my ongoing project is also soooo long term (started back in 2012) and dont expect it to be ended before 2018 so someone arround kind of understands your slow move haha. Anyway expecting some updates one of this years. Regards from Spain.
                Oh man, I just shed a tear out of joy. Finally I have a fan!

I promise it will see daylight before 2018. Otherwise my dad has promised me that he would bring it to a scrapyard
                Lucas
                Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                Originally posted by LCG

Comment

• Oh and a little teaser for what has been done in the meantime:

Plus:

Crafted a Valentine's present for the GF
                  (Idea comes from Heist's build thread)

His version:

Mine:

Stage 1

Stage 1.5

Stage 2

Stage 3: Final

Last edited by loekaaz; 09-22-2017, 05:13 AM.
                  Lucas
                  Originally posted by LCG

Comment

• wtf?

corny flowers instead of working on the car...
                    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• I'm with p78 on this one. The flower is cool but I heard you talking about you shaving your bay in the w124 on another thread? I need updates on ze benz.

Comment

• Nevermind I see it now, Plz more tho

Comment

• Where are you going to make your one piece Benz wheels into faces only?
                          I'd like to make my stock winter 16's into multi piece wheels, but don't have an idea who to call haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
                            wtf?

corny flowers instead of working on the car...
                            yes

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                            I'm with p78 on this one. The flower is cool but I heard you talking about you shaving your bay in the w124 on another thread? I need updates on ze benz.
                            Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                            Nevermind I see it now, Plz more tho
                            I will.

eventually

Originally posted by E280Benz View Post
                            Where are you going to make your one piece Benz wheels into faces only?
                            I'd like to make my stock winter 16's into multi piece wheels, but don't have an idea who to call haha.
                            Me neither lol but that project is on hold too.
                            Lucas
                            Originally posted by LCG

Comment

• thhrrp is a fart sound

Comment

• Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                                thhrrp is a fart sound
                                I love that tag

OT: Haven't done shit to the car. Busy with the workshop and a house with the lady
                                Lucas
                                Originally posted by LCG

Comment

Working...
                                X