Chasing sunsets - Updated pictures of my SRT-6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chasing sunsets - Updated pictures of my SRT-6

I hadn't had a good shoot of my in about a year so I got in contact with my buddy Parker Hogsten (@phogsten) to get some updated pictures of my car. As some of you that follow my build thread might know, the bodyshop that painted my car earlier this year did an awful job. I'm still picking up the pieces on that whole situation and am figuring out if it's even worth respraying the car again at this point. Thankfully, after 20+ hours of paint correction on the new paintjob it manages to clean up pretty well. Not to mention that shooting at sunset really helps to hide imperfections, although you can't really tell that my car is MB Obsidian Black Metallic in these shots due to the low lighting - it pretty much just looks like the OEM gloss black. But it is what it is. Now onto the photos! Enjoy

And my personal favorite shot from the shoot. I really love how the shaved rear badge (aka the only thing the bodyshop got right) and the redout tailights look together. Cleaned up the booty quite nicely if you ask me.

MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
    Instagram - @osshwa

Love that you've stuck with this thing through the thick of it, can't wait to see what happens to it in the coming years. Looks great as always man
    My Build:

Comment

Originally posted by philohlean View Post
      Love that you've stuck with this thing through the thick of it, can't wait to see what happens to it in the coming years. Looks great as always man
      Appreciate it man. Not much will be changing with it visually in the coming year but I'm planning on getting some electric cutouts soon so that's always fun :P
      Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Nicest Crossfire ever!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
          Nicest Crossfire ever!
          Appreciate it man.
          Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

This is the best looking SRT6 I've ever seen. Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by white out View Post
              This is the best looking SRT6 I've ever seen. Nice work.
              Coming from someone with an array of cars as impressive as yours, I really appreciate that!
              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

I've missed this. Well done sir. Well done.
                stanceworks: I don't really fit in.

Comment

Originally posted by driftsucky View Post
                  I've missed this. Well done sir. Well done.
                  Thanks man!

From looking at these pictures I see that I still have some minor tweaking to do on my side-splitters to get them flat like they used to be pre-bodyshop nightmares.
                  Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Best version of this car to date that I've seen. Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                      Nicest Crossfire ever!
                      put your dad to work Bas, or doens't he have his crossfire no more
                      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Appreciate the kind words everyone!
                        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Best looking crossfire.

In the world.

Hands down.
                          Lucas
                          Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                          Originally posted by LCG
                          High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
                            Best looking crossfire.

In the world.

Hands down.
                            Appreciate that man!

I'm still torn on figuring out what's next for this car. I'm debating just respraying the front bumper and installing/spraying my new driver side fender for now just to get the car looking a bit more up to par for 2016. I know it's hard to tell from these photos but my front bumper is littered in rock chips as a result of the bodyshop not laying down enough paint and/or clearcoat. And then of course my driver side fender is pretty wavy & beat after it caved in as a result of the bodyshop cutting out my fender lips when all I asked them to do was to roll them flat. In all reality the entire car needs to just be resprayed again because it's got fisheyes everywhere and unevenly sprayed paint/clearcoat here and there. But the cost difference between doing just the fender/front bumper vs. the entire car is where i'm hung up. Main reason is that i'm trying to save up for a down payment on a house, so needless to say shelling out another let's say $2,500 for paint is a pretty big blow on my down payment fund. But at the same time I just want to get the car where I want it so I can leave it alone for a while. I mean sure I have other plans for it including headers, cutouts, a strut bar, etc.....but all of that stuff can wait. What to do, what to do...
                            Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Working...
                            X