I bought another old red Japanese car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daffy View Post
    Secondly; it won't be low by my standards, it'll be a little more 'meaty' than I'm used to.
    Meat is good.
    [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
    Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Zach Thomas View Post
      Was this the one that was on CL recently? If it is it looks cleaner with the pics you took then the ones in the ad lol. Very nice car, have fun with it
      Yessir, managed to pick it up for a lot under his asking price too. He didn't have many pictures of the car posted so I suppose that put people off, but their loss is my gain!

As for everyone's guesses; nope. I guess I'll shine some light on my plans since I'm in a good mood. Ever since I got heavily into working on cars, it seems that the question for me has always been 'what's the lowest I can go?'. But I'm sick of that mentality, it puts everything into a competition where people feel they somehow can win something. So I've decided to turn my attention more to the track, where proper builds shine through improving lap times, and you get to drive cars like they're supposed to be driven. That being said, the RX-7 will only be a very mild track day toy. I don't want to pump too much power into it until I learn how to properly drive and get comfortable with being at the sheer limit of a car.

As far as looks; I've ordered an RE Amemiya kit, R-magic front fenders, and a bolt in 6-point already. I plan to carefully strip out the interior and store it somewhere so I don't damage the minty-ness, strip out as much weight as possible, nice seats (probably Sparco's again), upgrade the clutch, Fortune Auto Coilovers, and some nice Advan's with Toyo R888's.

Yes, I am bastardizing probably the cleanest FC in the PNW. No, I don't mind because it'll save me from a lot of the problems I could run into by buying some shoddy half-built pile of rust.

And if you're having a tough time imagining it, here's a picture for help. I just won't be running R-magic rear flares.

And, well, as for paint; you'll just have to wait and see

instagram: @elliotjlong

Comment

Ok, so what major corporation in Redmond do you work for? That's the only way I can imagine you affording these things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
          Ok, so what major corporation in Redmond do you work for? That's the only way I can imagine you affording these things.
          not trying to sound like a dick but I would imagine this is funded by mom and pop. judging by the GT3 and the Alfa in the first picture that's my best guess. OR he's a very successful young man who has worked hard to be where he's at. (but I doubt it) but whatever the case is, I'm sure this build is going to be killer
          This is my signature

Comment

Originally posted by sterling archer View Post
            not trying to sound like a dick but I would imagine this is funded by mom and pop. judging by the GT3 and the Alfa in the first picture that's my best guess. OR he's a very successful young man who has worked hard to be where he's at. (but I doubt it) but whatever the case is, I'm sure this build is going to be killer
            I'm both a freelance graphic design artist and a photographer, that combined with flipping random car parts and clothes keeps me pretty happy for now. Most of my money is just stashed away until I need it. I'm pretty stingy with it, hence why I don't date much (at least that's what I tell myself ). I'm actually currently job searching within Microsoft and a few local Dealerships. I'm definitely very thankful for how much my mum and dad have helped me out in the past, but they were never the type to just give handouts.

And cheers!

Comment

Oh man Ive been waiting for you to start a thread here. That is definitely the cleanest unmolested FC in the pnw.

I cant wait for you to ruin it

Comment

Originally posted by SnazzyQ View Post
                Oh man Ive been waiting for you to start a thread here. That is definitely the cleanest unmolested FC in the pnw.

I cant wait for you to ruin it
                Haha thank you, I can't wait to get my hands dirty again. The Mercedes was nice, but it got a bit boring not having a car where I could work on little things here and there whenever I was bored.

Comment

I'm both a freelance graphic design artist and a photographer, that combined with flipping random car parts and clothes keeps me pretty happy for now. Most of my money is just stashed away until I need it. I'm pretty stingy with it, hence why I don't date much (at least that's what I tell myself ). I'm actually currently job searching within Microsoft and a few local Dealerships. I'm definitely very thankful for how much my mum and dad have helped me out in the past, but they were never the type to just give handouts.

And cheers!
                  Not gonna lie, I was checking up on this thread to see the flame war that was almost imminent. lol

off topic, I'm a designer too, would love to see your portfolio sometime Daffy.
                  Originally posted by projectmaxspeed
                  well i want to be different i could go for some vette saw blades

That destructo-ray is a played out gag, in the cape
                  and the pants suit lookin' like a straight out...Dag.

Comment

'Dis gon be good.

It's going to be ridiculously loud as well, I hope? haha.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Jealous for sure! Almost bought one of these as my first car but dude was super sketchy. Excited to see this in track form. If you plan on tracking it and pushing its limits at times I would recommend inspecting and having a extra Apex seal on hand.

Comment

me likey

now we need to see red out the tailpipe
                        Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                          'Dis gon be good.

It's going to be ridiculously loud as well, I hope? haha.
                          I plan on it being loud, but not over the top. I will be driving it on the streets every now and again, and my local cops already aren't the biggest fan of my cars. (I drove the S13 around with no front end, rear fenders cut up, and temporary plates for a while. Woops).

Originally posted by smiles View Post
                          Jealous for sure! Almost bought one of these as my first car but dude was super sketchy. Excited to see this in track form. If you plan on tracking it and pushing its limits at times I would recommend inspecting and having a extra Apex seal on hand.
                          Had the apex seal inspected right after purchase and it looks in really good knick, but I will purchase another one and learn how to rebuild the engine myself.

Comment

can you show pics from the engine rebuild?
                            Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwf5xdLHeyY"]Part 23: Middle Intake Manifold Fabrication - My 76 Mazda RX-5 Cosmo Restoration - YouTube[/ame]
                              Last edited by TeckniX; 05-16-2015, 01:46 PM.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

Had the apex seal inspected right after purchase and it looks in really good knick, but I will purchase another one and learn how to rebuild the engine myself.
                                If you buy another engine, pick up a 13bt. No point in rebuilding an NA 6 port unless the stock one is popped, or you really want to go crazy NA.

Have you started premixing it yet?

Oh yeah, what kind of wheels do you plan on rocking? I know a place that has some RE Amemiya wheels for sale for $600.
                                Last edited by rice4life; 05-16-2015, 07:59 PM.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                                @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Working...
                                X