Woodward Designs 1988 S-10 Longbed Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodward Designs 1988 S-10 Longbed Project

This build thread encompasses a truck that my brother and I have worked on together over the course of the last 7-8 years after he first started building it from his ex-girlfriend's grandfather's farm truck.

After accumulating only 68,000 miles over it's life it is slowly being built back into what we always wanted it to become, with some new twists that we have picked up along the way.

Here was the truck bone as it sat, unmolested by our hands, with only 40k on the clock:

When the truck was "finished" the first time it was just a bagged daily driver my brother Adam cruised around in:

It took a hiatus out of our hands when he broke up with the girl he started it with, and it sat, accumulating scratches and tree sap. Once we got back into the truck and took stock of what needed attention, we realized we were in for more than just a tune up and some new parts. We dug into a complete rewire of everything from the battery back through the air ride system and alarm brain.

There are now easily replaceable relays for the compressor, brain for the door poppers and other remote functions, and a power block that splits out to switches for full FBSS (front/back/side/side) air control.

At some point I went to a junkyard and picked up a 1991-1993 style one-piece grille and a bench seat that I rocked while driving this thing to work:

Painted a few more things black last year and picked up some 16x8 2nd Gen S-10 ZQ8 wheels:

Early this year we painted a few more things black:

And of course, we have almost beat the plate off it driving low.

Once we had a goal in mind we started hunting for parts to get this thing back in the right direction...

The intent with these (replica) wheels is to go all black, gold fake split rim bolts and lugs.

They are 18x8.5" STR 601 wheels in 5x112 et 35. 1.75" thick 5x4.75" to 5x112mm adapters ought to place the face of these between 1/4" and 1/2" away from the edges of my rear fenders. Probably going to run 225/40/18s up front and something slightly taller out back.

This week we buffed the rest of the truck and reinstalled my custom mount for my seats instead of the bench:

I am also trying to scrounge together billet column shifter pieces to paint gold, and a Grant Nostalgia (or classic Chevy) steering wheel to paint the spokes black.

Last edited by silverstonepgt; 09-24-2013, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Great restart. I wanna see pics of in and under the bed and suspension set up!!!!! I love that stuff. Especially if its basic and clean.
      My build thread
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46573

INSTAGRAM @ARTWORKBYLOCALLOU

Comment

Subbing this thread, great start so far!
        i have the s10 that everybody hates

Comment

Laying out at work.

Gauges;

Switches:

Comment

clean setup ! what management are you running on your setup ?
            C280 Build Thread
            C43 ///AMG Build Thread
            E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

- Running a single 100% duty-cycle Viair - Don't remember which... 450c maybe?
              - 80/120 pressure switch
              - 8 1/2" valves with drilled caps on the dumps for fast up slow down (I have reducers and adjustable fittings to dial in the speed that I need to install.)
              - 5-gallon tank mounted under the bed on a custom bracket:

- All the wiring is run through the frame rails and hidden in a false sub box behind the passenger seat.
              - 4 up/down switches mounted in the left hand cluster panel.
              - Main tank pressure gauge to be mounted below the switches.
              - HVAC controls removed to mount two dual needle gauges on the right hand cluster panel.
              - Remote keyfob wired for all up/all down air control.

Comment

Old build pics from years back:

Comment

Made a custom rear frame crossmember just to add some strength back there:

My seat bracket for the vinyl buckets:

Comment

Some shots at work again:

Comment

that thing looks sweet as fawk!

Comment

Awesome. I cannot wait to start the bagging process on mine. I miss being on air.
                        My build thread
                        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46573

INSTAGRAM @ARTWORKBYLOCALLOU

Comment

They're still not mounted, but I couldn't help rolling them up alongside...

Comment

Picked up some parts from the junkyard today:

Leather door panels and a set of fender flares:

Also my brother sprayed some test cards for possible truck or wheel colors...

Comment

This is fuckin badass

Comment

Working...
                              X