Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who said panting yourself wheels is a bad idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just painted mine a few weeks ago. I went to an actual auto paint store, got the paint they recommended and used a gun. they turned out decent and all said and done I spent 65....so a little bit more than rattle can, but the finish is beautiful and durable. I put a fair amount of time into them as far as sandblasting and prep work but overall i was happy with the turnout. I have painted about 6 sets of wheels in the last few months, mostly rattle can and 2 sets this way and this was by far the best results.

Comment

who said tacking lessons english is a bad idea?
      1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
      Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by jastamper View Post
        I just painted mine a few weeks ago. I went to an actual auto paint store, got the paint they recommended and used a gun. they turned out decent and all said and done I spent 65....so a little bit more than rattle can, but the finish is beautiful and durable. I put a fair amount of time into them as far as sandblasting and prep work but overall i was happy with the turnout. I have painted about 6 sets of wheels in the last few months, mostly rattle can and 2 sets this way and this was by far the best results.

that looks really good, my rattle can job came out AMAZING they seriously look like they came like that, realll shiny and the flake in them look insane in the sunlight and the clear coat makes it pop really good
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kramerbuccs24 View Post
          who said tacking lessons english is a bad idea?
          made the thread at 3 in the morning. i was tired and not thinking straight. gimme a break
          sigpic

Comment

stands out......... good job bro

Comment

Originally posted by HKSpeed View Post
              by the looks of the thread topic, perhaps you took in too many fumes LOL.
              pics not working btw.

Comment

Originally posted by pumpin_fistsE36 View Post
                made the thread at 3 in the morning. i was tired and not thinking straight. gimme a break
                Just busting balls. My rattlecan job didn't turn out bad either

Comment

^ very very nice

Comment

They look good.

Just to clear something up, wax is a good idea. But, make sure you wait about a week to apply some wax. While the paint is curing, the solvent in it is evaporating and even though the wheels my be dry, there is still some stuff going on in the paint. If you wax them to early it will hold in the evaporating solvent and you will get "solvent pop". The only way to fix that would be to re-sand to bare metal and do it again.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Originally posted by PRO-STAR View Post
                      stands out......... good job bro
                      thanks man!
                      sigpic

Comment

Just busting balls. My rattlecan job didn't turn out bad either

damn those look good!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by andybob View Post
                          They look good.

Just to clear something up, wax is a good idea. But, make sure you wait about a week to apply some wax. While the paint is curing, the solvent in it is evaporating and even though the wheels my be dry, there is still some stuff going on in the paint. If you wax them to early it will hold in the evaporating solvent and you will get "solvent pop". The only way to fix that would be to re-sand to bare metal and do it again.
                          i mean ill wax them eventually but for now they look good, i dont have to worry about black obnoxious brake dust since i have ceramics pads
                          sigpic

Comment

i mean ill wax them eventually but for now they look good, i dont have to worry about black obnoxious brake dust since i have ceramics pads
                            I gotta get ceramic pads next year, my wheels are filthy within 150 miles (like 3 days)

Comment

I was just putting that out there for people that are thinking about painting their wheels.

And yeah, Ceramic pads are the way to go. I have them on my car, even though its a Kia... lol

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

I gotta get ceramic pads next year, my wheels are filthy within 150 miles (like 3 days)
                                haha yeha its a pain in the ass, i have never regular pads on any of my cars always get ceramics!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X