• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TT 225 thread for a change

update --

finished pictures at the end of thread

story -

This is just a progress thread about my TT and all the ideas i have for it. This is one of my all time favorite cars so owning/modifying one has been really delightful. (even if its a headache sometimes)

Had this TT shipped from Maryland to Florida. It was owned by two different audi enthusiast so it was slightly modded with a revo tune, forge dv, intake, rear sway bar and upgraded to raxles.

didn't take long for me to put it on coilovers (thinking i was going to stay static for some reason, lol) and had a friend bring me some tarmacs 18x9.5 et 40 square set

Had a tough time getting them to fit since it kept hitting the coilover, so i had to run it with a 25mm up front and 30mm in the rear for a final et of 15/10.

got a 3.2 valence and switch to swift springs all around.

Untitled by Javier Portocarrero, on Flickr

sold the tarmacs, found some snowflakes which were 18x8.5 square set. (repping fifteen52 ay)

that was pretty temporary...refinished them and drove up to sowo with them. sold them and decided that it was time i bag my car. With the help of my friend Kyle, i was able to do so.

now, im back to trying to make another set wheels properly fit. triple step BBS RS 18x10 et 11 square set

and test fit time. the faces were touching the brakes and i only had a 30mm spacer available for test fit. i just got some different size spacers to be able to dial in the fitment.

rear

front (wheel was a little turned) the front has no camber, it has not been touched as opposed to the natural -5 degree camber i have in the rear from just lowering the car.

Last edited by portos123; 03-16-2016, 11:22 AM.
    @portos225

should look awsome. how come you stepping the wheels up that much? you like the look of the step up?

Comment

Im personally a big fan of Stepped lips

Comment

Looks good so far!

Comment

good lord. I've always had a soft spot for these cars

@austin_norton | @nortoncollect
          2013 Mk6 | 1999 E36

Comment

update!

@portos225

Comment