No announcement yet.

The E38: An unexpected journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, everybody gather round the campfire. Will there be tacos? im starving.
    IG @gt3_brz

My Mustang Build
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...=1#post1552949

My BRZ Build
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=86482

My F100 Build
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=97329

Comment

never underestimate the pain that a bodyshop can cause. Those that disbelieve have either not undertaken the venture, or have been extremely lucky.
      Steve - now in San Diego!

Shoot My Car - Automotive Photography in SoCal

Comment

I just inherited my son's 2000 735i (he doesn't have time for it while at the university), and have immensely enjoyed this thread. Obviously, I immediately registered for the site. And then, guess what? A search for "e38" returns no matches! As does a search for "BMW 7" or even just "BMW"! Conclusion: search on this site -- as on so many others -- sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by wdf2 View Post
          I just inherited my son's 2000 735i (he doesn't have time for it while at the university), and have immensely enjoyed this thread. Obviously, I immediately registered for the site. And then, guess what? A search for "e38" returns no matches! As does a search for "BMW 7" or even just "BMW"! Conclusion: search on this site -- as on so many others -- sucks.
          Yeah you can't search anything up on here. My piece of advice is to subscribe to threads you enjoy so you can find them easy. Welcome to S|W!

Also, still waiting on the story

Comment

I have not been able to write a story...

I have sat a few times ready to type, start thinking on the whole thing and actually stress myself up about it.

Every time I have wrote a few lines I read them back and end up reading like It was an article in a magazine about a strong independent woman being a victim of the male oppression. And I'm not talking about the hot CEO of a company getting banged against a wall, I mean the gorilla looking woman that triggers because a dude without legs did not gave her his seat on the bus.

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

House is almost done, for the 100th time.

I don't know If I mentioned this before but the guys that kidnapped the bmw were doing some painting on the house, and they could not focus on 2 things at once..

That is why this has taken horrendously long, and well obviously the fact that body shops use another type of time that we are not used to.

Comment

When your body shop doubles as a construction company and painting business, what does their business card look like?

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                  I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                    When your body shop doubles as a construction company and painting business, what does their business card look like?
                    like this
                    Attached Files

Comment

• lmfao

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                      I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

• That update was worth the notification in my email inbox.

Comment

• Originally posted by LCG View Post
                          House is almost done, for the 100th time.

I don't know If I mentioned this before but the guys that kidnapped the bmw were doing some painting on the house, and they could not focus on 2 things at once..

That is why this has taken horrendously long, and well obviously the fact that body shops use another type of time that we are not used to.
                          Sweet, off to Garagejournal!!!!!!

Comment

• Hey people of spamfree stanceworks!

I request your help...

I am searching for a pair of used front windows, security glass, not the armored 5" thick one, the double layer anti theft ones.

The rears got fixed in an autoclave oven but the front ones cracked and now I don't have front windows, had some custom made but the quality was not on par on what I want. ( maybe I will post that some day )

Also need the crash bar of the drivers door or a complete door.

If you know someone parting out an e38 with these parts please let me know...

Going to bimmerforums to post the same thing.. Wish me luck..

/Kisses.

Comment

• I have no idea what the going price is on stuff like this, but this was cheaper than 2 other sets I found online by over $100. If I had to guess, I bet he'd do a deal on shipping for both. No delamination, worldwide shipping.

'02 Audi S4 III+ GT's // '94 Audi S4 RS2'd // '95 Audi S6 donor // '87 Buick TR rusty

Comment

• I found this E38 front door crash bar: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E38-Fron...-/170958510415

Couple things:
                                1) The listing only says "front" (not driver/passenger) but the picture also makes it look like it's reversible. Anybody know?
                                2) Part number in the pic is 8215309/B, but googling that number isn't much help. Maybe check the number on your car?
                                3) It says on eBay that it won't ship to Mexico BUT the website of the company listing the part (http://www.pantritrading.com/bmw-e38...r-8215309.html) says they do ship worldwide.

Maybe a direct e-mail will grease the wheels.
                                '02 Audi S4 III+ GT's // '94 Audi S4 RS2'd // '95 Audi S6 donor // '87 Buick TR rusty

Comment

Working...
                                X