Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: World's worst Tercel

nishy is offline idk, I like Toyotas StanceWorks Visitor

Default World's worst Tercel

What's up guys, been a lurker on here forever, but decided to make an account so I could make this thread to keep track of where my car goes. This is gonna be a slow build...

A little back story, mid January 2015 I picked up a clean 1989 LS400... but the thread is not about that car... here is it anyway so you can get an idea of my kind of style. This is my stupid low, static, daily driven LS

Sadly on November 6th, a lady in a Jeep ran a stop sign, t-boned me, and totaled the car. I drove a rental fiesta around for almost a month, and in the beginning of December I picked up this nice 95 Tercel for $1500 on craigslist.
    For the first week I had it, I changed the brakes, got new ignition wires and coils, new spark plugs, new O2 sensors, new EGR valve, I upgraded the vacuum lines from 7/64th to 5/32nd, and I ordered all new motor mounts. That pretty much takes care of any running problems it had so I can move on to the fun stuff

also, my paint almost exactly matches the catfish haha

About a week after getting it running perfectly, I found a nice pair of 14x6 A3A's in Japan for cheap, so I picked them up... and a couple days after that I found a pair of 14x6.5 Longchamps from the same place and grabbed those too. Gonna be running different wheels for a while until I can find a full set of something haha

this was after I cleaned them up a bit and removed most of the rust and corrosion

and heres the first test fit of the Advans. I have to run a 25 mm adapter because my car is 4x100 and the wheels are 4x114.3...

Plans: pick up a set of Largus coilovers. That is what I had on my LS and I was extremely happy with them. Thinking about a pair of Bride Brix or something similar. Maybe a roof rack or basket... the roof clear coat is coming off and it looks like crap so I'd like to cover it somehow. What do you guys think so far? I need you to be patient with me as money is not a luxury I have much of
    Last edited by nishy; 01-05-2016 at 05:46 PM.

I think this is rad I've always wanted to see someone stance out a tercel

I know someone selling a pair of longchamps if you're interested

Tate is offline Ramen Noodle Aficionado StanceWorks Regular

This is gonna be so good

In, love something original 👍🏽

Already love this thing! BTW, I am so jealous of the advans! What kind of adapters are you going to run?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro'z View Post
    Already love this thing! BTW, I am so jealous of the advans! What kind of adapters are you going to run?
    Thanks for the kind words everyone, I hope I'm gonna be able to do this car justice!

I forgot the brand I have now... picked them up around christmas on sale for like $75 on amazon lol

This is cool, I'm sure you've seen Garlido on Instagram's earlier gen wagon?

Quote Originally Posted by FunfGang View Post
    This is cool, I'm sure you've seen Garlido on Instagram's earlier gen wagon?
    I have, yes.

I don't know if you would consider this an update, so I'll just call it an "update". Test fit the Longchamps after I got my huge hub rings in from Lithuania.... 54.1 to 71.6 geez

Also, gonna try to order coilovers Friday

That's gonna look pretty cool!

- Renato
    TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com

I'm in for this.

Update: ordered tires, adjustable panhard bar, and some coilover sleeves this morning. Gonna use the sleeves as a temp thing to figure out the suspension setup I'm going to need with coilovers. Has anyone here messed with adjustable panhards before? Cause I haven't

Disappointing update time.

Got 165/55 Achilles tires on the wheels, got em mounted and everything

Got the Whiteline panhard installed, went to install the sleeves and that's where disappointment happened....front is all the way down, lowered about 2" (advert said 3), rear I can go a lot lower on, but I have to figure out some way to add camber...that's where I need your help because I've never messed with a solid axle on a FF car before. What is the best/easiest way to add negative camber to this? I need to bring the top of the wheel in about 3/4" before I can get rid of all of the wheel gap... it's already hitting the rear tires on big bumps because blown struts.

I'm gonna try to find some real coilovers next payday. I should have waited in the first place... major disappointment on my end

OOH YEAH, and one of my friends went "yeah man I can totally cut off and flatten the inside of the fender so you dont have to roll" AND THEN DID THIS. So I have to figure out how I'm gonna straighten the fender and fix the broken bondo... :'(

Just got a '94. bout to pick up some new rims as well. props!

Quote Originally Posted by nishy View Post
    Disappointing update time.
    OOH YEAH, and one of my friends went "yeah man I can totally cut off and flatten the inside of the fender so you dont have to roll" AND THEN DID THIS. So I have to figure out how I'm gonna straighten the fender and fix the broken bondo... :'(

that's not a friend, don't be friends with that kind of person.
    Canadian eh,

chop the springs mate, she'll be right !! :')

Okay, so here's half of an update.

I've been super bummed about the car since the last update... I sold the wheels, put everything back to stock, cleaned out the car because I wanted to sell it.... but I'm going to keep it.

I started researching front lips that would work for Tercels because nobody makes a decent looking one I would have to source it from another car. Turns out a 90 CRX is only .4" wider than a Tercel so I bought a lip for that and I'm gonna try to make it work, that should come in next week.

I bought a set of K Sport Control Pro coilovers, have front camber adjustment, 32 way dampening adjustability, and look super cool with the anodized orange collars and top hats. I'm gonna try to install those this weekend and get rid of all of the wheel gap for now. Here's the only crappy phone pic I have now, but you get the idea. I'm sure all of you have seen coilovers before :P

Oh yeah.... and I dropped $200 on 2.3" and 2.75" fiberglass over fenders end goal is to hopefully run a 10" wide wheel in the back with 4-5" of dish. Give me suggestions for wheels!! Specs I'm probably looking at 14 or 15" 9-10 wide with a 4x100 PCD. Thougts now are Star Road Glow Stars, Equip 01s, or Rotiform USF's

I vote Techno Phantoms or SSR reverse mesh.

Quote Originally Posted by rice4life View Post
    I vote Techno Phantoms or SSR reverse mesh.
    Yo, I'd love some Techno Phantoms, or ideally a set of Toscos, but 1. theyre rare and 2. I don't know if they ever made a 4x100 of either. I know the Toscos are all 4x114.3 and I will not deface them by getting a fill/redrill and I do not want to run adapters with wide wheels anyway... so unless I get hella lucky and find a set of old school 14s or 15s in 4x100 (which 99% are 4x114) I'm stuck to buying new

Quote Originally Posted by nishy View Post
    Yo, I'd love some Techno Phantoms, or ideally a set of Toscos, but 1. theyre rare and 2. I don't know if they ever made a 4x100 of either. I know the Toscos are all 4x114.3 and I will not deface them by getting a fill/redrill and I do not want to run adapters with wide wheels anyway... so unless I get hella lucky and find a set of old school 14s or 15s in 4x100 (which 99% are 4x114) I'm stuck to buying new
    Completely missed the part where you said pcd 4x100

Phantom's were only 4x114.3 IIRC TRD reproduced the toscos back in the mid 80's in 4x100.

http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=70374

Maaaad rare though.

Wheels in the specs you want are super hard to come across. Check Japanese Yahoo auctions from time to time, or if you know someone out there ask them for a hookup.
    Last edited by rice4life; 02-20-2016 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Too much booze last night I meant 4x114.3

Yo yo update time

I got the CRX lip in, and turns out it was like 6" too wide for the tercel, so I whipped out my trusty hacksaw and zip tied it back together..... then zip tied it on to the bumper. Honestly, it looks a lot better than I though tit would.

Also installed the coilovers and drove home with -3 toe on both wheels.... drive that should have taken 45 minutes took 4 1/2 hours, and my front tires were 100% bald by the time I got home. Worst drive ever.

The guy who was going to buy my wheels backed out, so I'm keeping them. Slapped them on, maxed the camber on the fronts, and went way way down. Fronts need maybe 1/2" pull to fit perfect and rears need closer to 1".... I think I'll be able to do it though. Then I can lower the back another inch, and then I can level the fronts. Lip is about 1" off the ground currently and body is maybe 3". Maybe 2 1/2"

I apologize for the shitty cell phone pics. I might try to take some better ones after I get it sitting right

edit: after seeing these pictures on the computer screen, I have to say it looks pretty shitty. Way better and lower in person
    Last edited by nishy; 03-03-2016 at 05:13 PM.

Yo yo everybody, haven't changed anything yet, but I'm going to order two wheels to replace the rears on Friday. I really don't like how it sits with so much poke, and my efforts to pull the fenders have done little to remedy the situation. Gonna go with some 15x8 Apache 2's. Should be close to tucking rim, and they kinda match the Longchamps. So, once they come in I'm definitely going lower. At least an inch right off the bat.... I'm super excited

Pic for your time

Laguna Beach,CA Glendale, AZ Soon to be Boston

Yassssssssssss...Do the old tercels have Multi Link rear suspension or? If so I'm sure you could probably find adjustable upper A arms or camber arms depending on the Alignement set up. Those coils must go lower than that right??? If so yank that lip off and get that thing body low and break the internet haha! With a light pull you could also make those front fenders fit without any issues. I don't know about the rear though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupid Kid View Post
    I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Quote Originally Posted by 190Evan View Post
    Yassssssssssss...Do the old tercels have Multi Link rear suspension or? If so I'm sure you could probably find adjustable upper A arms or camber arms depending on the Alignement set up. Those coils must go lower than that right??? If so yank that lip off and get that thing body low and break the internet haha! With a light pull you could also make those front fenders fit without any issues. I don't know about the rear though.
    The rear suspension pisses me off... beam axle and a panhard bar with a complete macpherson strut on each side. If I had multi link or IRS I would camber it and make them fit no problem, but i have nothing but a big ass bar and struts. All I've been able to do with it is add an adjustable whiteline panhard, but that just keeps everything in line.

And yeah, they can still go a lot lower, but the rears poke so much id literally be riding on tire. They're still being demolished haha. I really really **** the rear suspension on this thing and for that matter, all the front has is a lower control arm, the steering rack, and the struts. I have the camber plates on the front maxed out negative, but as you can see it's not very much still. I need more suspension components! haha

This is so sick! Love the look of those 3 spokes.

- Renato
    TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com