No announcement yet.

NickL's 49' Chevy truck build, Air ride + Awesome Patina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love your bimmer but the truck is really, really epic! Would be really sweet with a Detroit Diesel swap and twin stick shifters

Renato
    Team TWM Performance
    TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
    sigpic

Comment

Update:

Bought an S10 longed for dirt cheap, yanked the cab and bed to send to scrap.

[IMG][/IMG]

My sick cab removal tool

[IMG][/IMG]

Frame with the motor/trans left. Sold the dropout a few weeks later.

[IMG][/IMG]

Yanked everything from the 49 frame

[IMG][/IMG]

What I ended up with at the end of that night

[IMG][/IMG]

Wheels came in, 15x6/7 Cragars. These will be powder coated cream. The motor there is the 327 that will be going into the truck, a mashup of parts laying around in my dads basement. his 62 resto project to the right.

[IMG][/IMG]

Another shot of the long block. Ill be disassembling this soon to send the block/heads out for machining then getting a complete rebuild by me.

[IMG][/IMG]

Stripped the frame completely (super fun, not) and began to assemble the swap kit to land all the 49' components on the s10 frame. Picked up a 4x4 rear end from the yard. The s10 frame is the correct width to fit underneath the cab and bed, but with how large the track width is on the 49', the 4x4 rear end helps fill out the fenders.

[IMG][/IMG]

Rebuilt the front control arms, energy suspension bushings, proforged super travel balljoints, repainted.

[IMG][/IMG]

Fresh front rotors/wheel bearings/ races/seals.

[IMG][/IMG]

Assembled with 2" drop spindles.

[IMG][/IMG]

And back on the ground again. Dad had some random old radials laying in the basement which were good to get the chassis back on the ground and size up how it will lay.

[IMG][/IMG]

Starting to look like a truck again.

[IMG][/IMG]

3 Link came in the mail yesterday, expect more to come.
      Last edited by NickL; 11-17-2015, 09:52 PM.
      [URL="http://bagriders.com/modlab/"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]BagRiders[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

I like this very much

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

Give me more... I love these builds. Big fan of old trucks.
          sigpic
          E39 M5 | Jet Black | S62 | 6MT
          instagram: @adrienbroome

Comment

Looks epic so far man, keep it up
            My '66 C10 Build
            My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Quick bed test fit. The bed is angled because I haven't hacked the rear of the frame rails off yet so it will actually sit about 3/4" lower.

[IMG][/IMG]

That fridge in the background is a '52 GE fridge my roomate and I are restoring and converting to a kegerator.

[IMG][/IMG]
              [URL="http://bagriders.com/modlab/"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]BagRiders[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

Couple new ones of the E30

Comment

So far, having the s10 frame has been awesome. Parts are DUMB cheap and very readily available. Bagging it is simple, plus to already have IFS in the front is awesome along with the more modern steering box. Soon, Ill have the rear end mocked up with the link installed so i can start fabbing rear bag brackets/shock mounts. Front bags aren't currently in the truck, but is probably the next thing ill install. Once the rear end is finished, Ill finish bringing the frame down as close to bare metal as I can and ill coat in Chassis Saver to save money on blasting it/powder coat.

Its an incredibly slow process, but its been awesome so far. My goal is to have the frame completely done, wired, motor rebuilt and in by the end of this summer, so this winter can consist of rust repair, and hopefully by the end of spring next year the truck will be finished.

Comment

Looking great man! Is that a bolt on kit for all the frame mounts?
                    Instagram: @dillonmakar

1986 Bagged s50 BMW e30 HERE

Comment

Awesome! Stoked on this build

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

i love these things

subbed
                        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Cannot wait to see this!

Subbed <3
                          Instagram: @Lhottekins

Comment

Holy shit I'm subbing to this.
                            SAAB 900 T16s

Comment

I have a 48' International, and an 87 s10. I think I need to combine them now. Sub'd!
                              l ig:coltondk l youtube:coltondk I DD: Tundra I Projects:l 06 STI I 87 S10 l I 57 Chevy Belair I I 48' International KB-2 I 07R6r l
                              sigpic

Comment

I wanna see the end result already.

And the e30. Bruh, it's sweet. I've been dreaming about s52 e30, would love to own one.

Cheap ain't badass, badass ain't cheap.

Comment

Working...
                                X