X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

god damn now i want a 5 series wagon

Comment

Originally posted by lordicon232 View Post
      Great job so far, now go fit that manual!!
      Thanks man, check this update!

Originally posted by Peeunit View Post
      You've got great interior skills. All that trim looks brilliant. Those wheels are going to look sick
      Thanks, interior means a lot to me, especially on nights when you cant legally drive, you just have to drop the back seats and book it with some blankets hahah...

Originally posted by P78 View Post
      trade the RF's with your brother
      I wish!!! I'd be happy with life if that ended up happening, but new rims have been sourced, unfortunately haha.

Originally posted by mikey G View Post
      Interior looks good man. Are you panning on painting/ dyeing the remaining tan bits black?
      Thanks man, and nope! Shes pretty much done, one day ill buy a parts car touring with a black interior and all will be well, but for now, its probably the best a tan interior can look ahaha.

Originally posted by Thate34Guy View Post
      you can always go the custom route on with coilovers like i did.
      Thought about it, but am just going to save up for half of my life and buy BC's.... Thanks for the input though mayne!

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
      Really nice work you've done all round.

That sunroof!
      Thanks , and one day ill replace the sunroof with a rag top roof sort of like those fiat convertibles... Then it'll be a 5 foot long sunroof!

Originally posted by SnazzyQ View Post
      god damn now i want a 5 series wagon
      The swagon wagon does this to people, but dooooo ittttttt!

Anyways, Thanks for all the love and inspiration guys!
      Pretty big update, if not the biggest one. Pictures only for the most part, but ill describe what needs to be described!
      If you guys have any questions, ideas, suggestions let me know!

Had red film over my tails and after a while they faded, so a permanent route has been sourced... Here it is!
      Before:

Film peeled back to stock.

Four coats in.

Then tons of sanding on everything, hit with a clear, then polished.
      Only got a finished product of one of the inners,
      need to go back and see if i can find a photo of the outers completely finished...

Now onto the manual tranny and new motor!

Finally got my camera back from one of my older brothers...
      (house looks like a junkyard lol)

V8 and 5 speed pulled!

Started raining in SD (haha), so I moved the touring into the garage...

Off topic, but we picked up this W108, and a parts car in the back for my brother...
      Black one is already on bags as of now
      (I know, haven't updated this thread in so long these photos are old news lol)

Said goodbye to the auto shifter and punted it as far as i could kick

Interior was looking like back when i did the dash swap... wires everywhere.

Was on a time schedule and yet still took photos like these... #photographeratheart

New motor just chillen

Theirs a bolt called the "bitch bolt" that's almost impossible to remove unless you have the tool, and of course i didnt have that tool...
      ended up slicing it in the middle'ish rendering it a flat head bolt and removed it with a flat head...

Got the interior that needed to come out completely out, then focused on the motor.

Dropped the new motor in, (forgot to take pictures)
      The interior after everything was dropped in place
      (just sitting on the motor mounts, not actually hooked up)

Went paranoid, so I cleaned up all the wiring around the area, zip tied and organized.

Started patching up the no-start wiring and the bypass for EWS

How it looked after day two of the whole process...

Woke up early the next day in hopes of getting it completely finished... Connected the engine harness and then input/outputs on the drive shaft.
      Got everything done around 2ish... New everything... Oils, liquids, gaskets, and filters...

Old ngk spark plugs that i only had on for 100 miles on the previous motor still looked good so they were used

ran it around the block a few times, fixed some issues like non plugged connectors, unhooked maf, and forgot o2's haha...
      put 5 miles on it, then washed it for the first time in a month and a half...

Paint so icy for being original and 20 years old

So after finishing all this, the car is officially a manual touring!
      part of the 'manual e34 touring in the US gang

Tons left to work out, but at that point I was excited and worked on it everyday...

New boot and shifter

Happy to have had it back on the road after sitting with a blown block for quite a while so i took it out for some shots

messing around with the manual, a little sideways, and ended up having to use the front bumper off my parts car...

Caught this roller of my homeboy Anthony

then got back to work

Was not chillin with this, and me being paranoid, it had to be replaced.
      Im always a "bigger and better guy"... blown motor, replace it with a new one but manual tranny,
      headliners sagging, replace the interior with suede, car needed a manual DME chip, replace it with a manual one but a DUDMD performance chip at the same time, and 3rd brake lights missing bulbs replace it with a 3ft one.

Re-did my foot well lighting (still haven't done the drivers side kick panel at this point)

Then two weeks after the swap it was already leaking pentosin psf (liquid gold like 25 bucks a quart) which sucked but then we got a coolant leak.

So pulled everything, got to the waterpump, checked it out and since the impeller was plastic (plastic breaks easilyespecially on 20 year old cars)
      I replaced it with a metal one and brand new gasket.

Replaced the plastic thermostat housing with a metal one, just for reliability...

Threw everything back on and no more coolant leaks
      Picked up a B40 intake manifold and throttle body from a friend off of bimmerforums

Threw on an intake sensor to check fitment and it snapped in the new intake mani...

Got the interior pretty much wrapped up (installed police radar and CB radio with PA system )

A few misalignment's to fix, but so far all tidied up.

Picked up a roof rack for less than 30 bucks at the junk yard (more plans on this coming soon)

Tried on fake chrome tips, and im sorta feeling it... Looking to do a muffler delete soon and have these tips thrown on.

Threw on the front intake ducts and then resprayed the front bumper in my garage...

Picked up some new rims finally... (just a teaser for now)

Had bimmerfest coming up so I ordered tons of maintenance items to get thrown on before the long 400 mile journey up to Fontana and back....

New motor mounts

Before and After (OEM after 120,000 miles... they were so bad, the top mount was ripped off)

Then did the tranny mounts (before and after)

Replaced my WP/PS serpentine belt

also replaced the fan which was missing a few blades (helped the idle so much...)

Replaced the OEM fuel filters which were still 120,000 miles old

Some wheel well cleaning while I was there.

Removed the old ASC intake elbow (basically disabling traction control, more to come on that later )

Then p-dipped the roof rack (only pdip on this whole car I swear!)

Went under the car to do an inspection and the rear sway bar was basically not even connected...
      side link snapped in half and the middle rubber mount was bent out of place.

Old vs. New

Went back down to mexico to grab a few parts off our third e34 parts car...

checked the differential in it, and turns out it had an limited slip differential (S3.46)

Ma lil bro chewy helpin out...

LSD's out

Brought it home...
      Had to do the entire swap in the rain.... #bimmerfestprep x #deadlines

Cleaned up the diff and got my spacers in for the new wheels that same day

New rear seal gasket for the LSD

Drained the new diff

Removed

Same input shafts which made me so happy because this meant not touching the depth ring.

Brand new purp going into the diff (Royal Purp 75W-90 with LSD addictives, *highly recommend!)

Cleaned up all the bolts and spacers...

Pretty much the install... I love the S3.46 but the gearings way too tall. Im getting 12 mpg which is V12 territory, but it does pull like crazy! At the moment, I cant live with 80mph @ 4,500rpm so im on the hunt for the 3.23 but It has to be limited slip, because now that I've messed with it, I cant go back to open diff.

Did some interior cleaning for bimmafest

OCD about these things...

So many diseases, wouldnt doubt it that theirs pubes and STD's in the mix... (previous five owners, not me man)

Suede center still holding up four months later.

Rolled up to escondido a couple days before bimmerfest to hang with my boy anthony
      (wheels are still a surprise... )

My parts car

His parts car

We threw on an M-tech 2 wheel into his 540i

Snapped some quick shots

This guy caught me slipping

Annyways, picked up a few things, and headed back to SD

How the front end looked two days out from bimmafest

The cockpit interior

and more packages showing up.

And thats about it! Will update hopefully later tonight with all the bimmerfest 2015 photos and the new wheels
      Tempted to splurge on BC's so much right now....!

Anyways, thanks for reading!

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

Wow. Very impressed, very jealous. Keen to see what the wheels are, I'm just hoping I wont have to wait 6 months again haha

Comment

I love manual tourings so much

Comment

I was super close to picking up an E34t. Such practical cars.
            IG: ossiep

Comment

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
              Wow. Very impressed, very jealous. Keen to see what the wheels are, I'm just hoping I wont have to wait 6 months again haha
              Thanks man! and this update is for you lol. Will try to update more often
              Originally posted by TheTynosaur View Post
              I love manual tourings so much
              As do I! as well as convertibles with hardtops <3
              Originally posted by Bronzit View Post
              I was super close to picking up an E34t. Such practical cars.
              Should of! She's my lil workhorse/hoonigan mobile/camper all bundled into one...
              Check my instagram (@kinghorn.x) for my most recent video, lil highway on ramp sideways'ness!

Onto the pics that were promised....

Voxx Misano's - 18x9 squared setup with 265's all around, et20 offset, hubcentric rings, and 5 mill spacers upfront... 3inch lips too
              Being a highschool budget build, the rims (with almost brand new tires on them) were picked up for 100$ cash. Insane deal, got offered 250$ by a friend next day and turned him down lol...

so heres how my bimmerfest 2015 ended up turning out...
              (all in all a fun ass time, thanks to everyone who made it so, and cant wait till next year!)

Washed my car the day before

and of course, the morning of bfest it rains... in san diego

and these are the photos my friends passenger in the e90 caught...

and me taking rollers lol

anyways, heres how a few of the rollers on the way came out, Enjoy!

back to bimmerfest,
              a pre meet I set up with some other e34 guys...

Ended up getting 7 E34's in one section, holding it down!

Jose, his beautiful touring, and fam

thanks for reading yet again, and here's the swag wag parked up @ Bimmerfest 2015 winking at all the fans
              *(little advice, dont go cheap on double sided tape if they're holding on expensive eyelids...)

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

looks grand!

Comment

#needsmoarlowtho

lol, thanks mayne

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

Doing it right, nice work man
                    slow build, fast cars

Comment

Hey fam, so I guess im low now

But traveling back into time, my starter went out

New wheels and some new color

old rims up for sale! pm for specs/prices

Now Begins the 'Lows a year and a half later...

*may not look very low, but my oil pans the lowest right now at an inch & 1/2 off the floor.
                      This photo was taken three weeks ago when i was still on oil pan #1. Im now on pan #2 haha.

As she sits now, its on pan #2, daily driving it but slowly until i can save up for a skid plate. The rear wasn't lowered at the point in time these photos were taken... (three weeks ago) and have lowered the rears as of a few days ago, but threw a lil house party and got my canon stollen... a new camera is next on the budget list, but may take some time... also did a muffla delete and opened up the wild V8 beast!!!! Cars coming together slowly... except for ruining my undercarriage by being so low,
                      but i guess you have to pay to play

anyways that should be about it for now, make sure to follow the insta feed @kinghorn.x
                      for updates and what not regularly rather than the scheduled 4 month intervals for stanceworks lol...

thanks fam,
                      kinghorn

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

I really like this. keep it up
                        2002 Infiniti I35 ( 6 speed swap in progress )
                        2004 Nissan Maxima SE 6 speed ( Closest car to being "stanced" )
                        2003 Nissan Maxima SE 6 Speed
                        2002 Lincoln LS
                        On the verge of being Stanced

Comment

i love this man. Been looking at e34s for a while.

Comment

haha thanks guys, im still on the youngin budget but it gets done!

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

Sooooo awesome Subscribed!

Comment

Style 32s look killer bro

Comment

Working...
                                X