Old People Endless Lives - '84 Opel Rekord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old People Endless Lives - '84 Opel Rekord

Been lurking a long time, doing a little budget build.
    Bought this thing as a winterbeater after I sold my E30, turned out that it caught a lot of attention on streets just because that thing is pretty rare at least in country that I'm from - Latvia.
    '84 Opel Rekord with 2.2 fuel injected engine, rear wheel drive .. I guess that's pretty much it

Decided that I want to go pretty low with it, play around with exterior and so on, so the fun started after winter and this is how it goes :

Looked like this

Winter was already here, friend of mines made me some 15x9.25j and 15x9.75j steelies. Held winter pretty well.

Couldn't wait for spring and already started cutting coil by coil to get it lower

Always have loved "all red" tails, did those for this Opel too.

And then came the interesting part : summer.
    Realised, that wheels need some major changes to look at least decent so found some lug nuts, vintage opel center caps, took wheels to my brother who powdercolored them in silver/gray color.

Mounted on some 195/50's on front and 205/50's rear, looked somewhat like this :

Then I realised, that front was already on bumpstops, so i threw away original front shock absorbers and bought couple of new ones from mk1 golf - almost plug and play after you cut your struts for about 100mm.

As I said, cut the struts, welded them together, added some spacers for shock absorbers here and there and it turned out somewhat like this :

Threw all the shit in fathers car (I'm a damn 19'yo student and that Opel is kinda daily, lol) to take it all to garage

After a long day and night realised, that old chopped front springs were kinda umm .. spare, lol

Again on bumpstops.
    Already fcuked up front arches by pulling them in redneck style with a baseball bat, but whatever, it's an old budget car.

For couple of days sitted like this

Yeah, you might notice that rear fenders are totally rusted away. Friend of mines even asked did "a dog ate it?". They are going to be fixed someday, already bought new ones.

Re-welded exhaust from front till rear, now it sounds fine and isn't dragging all the time

Bought some Opel Omega front springs and they do the job really well.
    Although it's damn SUV mode now, started doing different things.

Had a week of summer vacation before school and decided to go pretty mad on it, bought 17 cans of Montana Gold Vanilla (G1000) spray cans and had some fun with a friend of mines. Actually was hoping for more brown color, but this will do. Don't have pics of the process at the moment, but I do have some of outcome :

As I said, yes, it's not really slammed at the moment, but I'm working on it :

Future plans ?

- Going to swap old 205/50's on rear for 195/50 Toyo T1s's, then rear will come down a bit, going to cut some bits of front springs and it should sit pretty nicely after that.
    - Rear arches are going to be fixed someday
    - Realised that now those black turn signals are looking wrong, going back to orange stock ones
    - Got to get the front more straight (it was a bit crashed when I bought it)
    - Do some minor changes
    - Don't know

That's about it, maybe someone will enjoy reading this
    Cheers !

With some more clean up, that will be really cool!

I wasn't aware this generation Rekord still had RWD... I thought those already had FWD... cool to know.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

I smell epicness..!

Please stick with the color and the steelies!

Comment

When you fix that front it's going to look very good. Colour was a bit of surprise, the first pic had me expecting something else but it's really nice.
        E34 build, Futuras included.

Comment

I LOVE the last set of photos. It's rough around the edges but seems like you've got it all planned out. Dig the color too.
          "That's just a penis with headlights glued on."

Comment

absolutely love what is happening here.

Good work. I look forward to more.
            Originally posted by anth
            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

I ADORE those steelies! I'll be very interested to see where you go with this!

Comment

that has to be one of my favorite colors, car looks great, fix those fenders and your set!

Comment

looks like your enjoying it and thats what its all about

Comment

Looks pretty cool

Sent from my HTC 3D using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Like the car, but the dark color looked better.

Maybe you look at times http://rekord-e-commodore-c.jimdo.com/ there are some images converted Rekord.

Tip.:If you take the turn signals from Senator-A and the glass, they fit with a little work on the Rekord indicator.
                      Then you have white turn signals.
                      [IMG]/IMG]

Comment

You my friend are truly mad.

This is still however... Cool as pants!

91' TT - Mines ECU, Blitz SBC@1bar, ARC WMIC, 2.5" decat, 2.5" ProFlow Exhaust, HSD's, ls400's, JapanRacing JR12's. SoarerUnion.com

Comment

I'm loving most everything about this. Nice car man

Comment

Nice ^^ I wreeked one of those last winter xD

Comment

Nice Rekord
                              The mad Opel enthusiast from Norway
                              My cars:
                              1993 Opel Vectra 4x4 Turbo
                              1984 Opel Senator 2.3 TurboDiesel
                              1986 Opel Ascona C 1.8 GT
                              x Opel Omega 2.0 16V