• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Earl View Post
    Congrats bud=)
    Originally posted by F31Dingus View Post
    Well played.
    Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
    Even more jealous now
    Thanks dudes. Pretty excited about starting, just in the middle of finding a place to stay down there.

Comment

• You can't find any then it's time for a Touring camper mobile

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Holy shit man, congrats on the job thats great news.

If you need someone to look after the touring, give it to me for a while, i'll stick a welder in it and go to Driftland

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmybacon View Post
          Holy shit man, congrats on the job thats great news.

If you need someone to look after the touring, give it to me for a while, i'll stick a welder in it and go to Driftland
          Thanks Chris!

Haha! Only if you don't stick it backwards into the wall

Comment

• Finally managed to get the car over to my friends and stored away. So thankful that I'll have a place to store it for a while until I'm settled. Going to order a cover for it so that it doesn't get completely covered in dust and what not.

I made this little timeline of progress with the car. Two years a go, last year and now.

Next update will be...well, I'm not really sure to be honest. Going down to London on the 27th and we'll take it from there.

Comment

• Went to the barn today to fit the car cover. Man it sucks leaving it behind

Comment

• Any rough ideas on when you'll be in a position which allows you to get the car down to London? Would be amazing to see this at some of the shows next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                  Any rough ideas on when you'll be in a position which allows you to get the car down to London? Would be amazing to see this at some of the shows next year
                  Erm, honestly, I have no idea.

There's a lot that needs to be done to the car up here. I'd like to get the front and rear arches painted again and I only really trust my painter. I need to get two Throwing Stars polished and I still need to get new coilovers. I think once all that's done, I'll bring it down, providing I have a space to store it.

A work colleague had 21 cars at one point, so I'm hoping he might have a place for me

I'll definitely be taking it to as many shows as I can, just everything is a bit up in the air at the moment!

Comment

• Guess I can update this a little.

I'm settling in to my new job really well. I've even found some people in the area that are into cars so that's sweet. Still no closer to finding a place to store the car, so that's a real bummer. But I'm hoping to find something soon.

Bastien made this quick photoshop for me last night. Needless to say, I love the look of the new wheels. My friend is going to take the remaining Throwing Stars to the polisher for me, he's getting his BBS RS's polished at the same time.

And something I've always wanted for the car is a carbon fibre front lip. I'd love an AC Shnitzer one, but they're rare as rocking horse shit, and extremely expensive when the do come up. Rep would be fine, but I don't trust the quality that much and even then, they're still expensive.

So with the help from my Dad (thanks Dad) I'm going to do the next best thing. Make my own. In theory, it'll just be a carbon fibre M3 lip, which is fine with me, it will keep within the OEM+ look of the car. So I'm going to buy a new lip from BMW and have it sent back home, where my dad can make a mould and go from there. This also means the fit should be bang on as well. Should be pretty sweet.

Apart from that, not much else is happening. Trying to save some cash so I have some bodywork done. Daily is still running sweet. I've got some coin/cup holders coming from the US which I'm really looking forward to.

Comment

• What do the euro spec consoles look like? I thought we all had coin/cup holders...lol
                      95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Coin/Cup holders were a US only option. The Euro one looks like this. Ashtray is dependent on whether or not the smokers option was requested. Most came with Ashtrays though.

Comment

• That looks good without any cup holders.....I guess we always want what we didn't get over here=P
                          95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• I'll be looking for a couple more, if you have any. I have a few friends that would like cupholders. Can swap for Euro stuff

Comment

• I have one for my car but the coin holders decided they didn't want to have springs anymore=(
                              95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl View Post
                                I have one for my car but the coin holders decided they didn't want to have springs anymore=(
                                If you see any when you're out and about in the scrapyards or whatever, I'll take it if it's in good condition!

Comment

Working...
                                X