Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 424

Thread: project loud and low (EM2 content)

  1. #226
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I think that was sarcasm. But who knows, most stuff you see on movies is real anyways..
    no it was not sarcasm. just look at the large gap between the tires and trailer

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default this "genius" made his way to clubrsx

    this "genius" made his way to clubrsx, here's the thread, note page 6 for comparo pics from jalopnik

    http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=745338

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    4,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sevenspokes View Post
    this "genius" made his way to clubrsx, here's the thread, note page 6 for comparo pics from jalopnik

    http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=745338
    I'm fairly, if not totally certain that is a completely different person...

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FunfGang View Post
    I'm fairly, if not totally certain that is a completely different person...
    Yea obk is running hotchkis plates and I'm running my own design.

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,432

    Default

    I...
    Kinda...
    Like it.
    Yeah, the mods were shoddy, but when you do not have your parents bank account at your disposal, you have to make do with what you got. Not to the point of endangering everyone around with out right retarded mods...
    But, it's all a learning experience.
    Jalopnik blew this way out of proportion.

    I also have a question. Why an em2? Not much aftermarket support. It would have been much cheaper and a lot safer(Hell of a lot) to have gone with a car with a huge aftermarket.

    (Oh god... I am going to get flamed for this...)

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    360lympia
    Posts
    96

    Default

    ^^^Exactly why your screen name is 'rice4life'

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TylersEM2 View Post
    ^^^Exactly why your screen name is 'rice4life'


    -Aron
    "Living life a quarter turn at a time"



  8. #233
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rice4life View Post
    I...
    Kinda...
    Like it.
    Yeah, the mods were shoddy, but when you do not have your parents bank account at your disposal, you have to make do with what you got. Not to the point of endangering everyone around with out right retarded mods...
    But, it's all a learning experience.
    Jalopnik blew this way out of proportion.

    I also have a question. Why an em2? Not much aftermarket support. It would have been much cheaper and a lot safer(Hell of a lot) to have gone with a car with a huge aftermarket.

    (Oh god... I am going to get flamed for this...)
    Got the car basically for free and it was all crispy oem. I put a few thousand miles on my first setup with no problems and with my new setup all the weight of the vehicle is below the shock tower but still with the extended hats.

  9. #234
    KingBaby is offline worse roads in the US! StanceWorks Visitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hell for lowered cars
    Posts
    53

    Default

    I'm shocked this is open....

    props "smokenyall" for not killing yourself!
    07 Silver Alloy Nissan Nismo 350Z #0191 "Lin'da"
    2amR---------> - WFC# 267
    I've been around the world I ain't never seen a girl like that...

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingBaby View Post
    I'm shocked this is open....

    props "smokenyall" for not killing yourself!
    yupp so any updates on this "new setup" smokenyall?

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadBlackKapper View Post
    yupp so any updates on this "new setup" smokenyall?
    If I endup working on my car after work I'll takes some pics but the upper spring perch is just like obk's setup.

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    My dog died yesterday and I was really sad....until i saw this thread!!! hahaha thanks for the laughs! but seriously DO IT RIGHT! I live in Norcal too and I aint trying to get in a wreck w/a civic. Especially with my new setup/rims.

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    N.S Canada
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I usually just lurk, but I registered to comment...


    So embarrasing


    You stay classy, Honda Ricers...

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Albany NY/West Haven CT
    Posts
    271

    Default

    the tags in this thread made me LOL. when i saw the pics on tumblr i thought it was a myth, but this thing is here right on stanceworks! dude, it's just unsafe, let alone the long term damage to your car. you're better off cutting your springs like the rest of em haha

    1993 1993 3000gt VR4
    1988 BMW 325 (for sale, PM me for details!)
    1991 s13 hatch




    http://breatheslowbreatheslow.tumblr.com/

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PJ Prendergast View Post
    the tags in this thread made me LOL. when i saw the pics on tumblr i thought it was a myth, but this thing is here right on stanceworks! dude, it's just unsafe, let alone the long term damage to your car. you're better off cutting your springs like the rest of em haha
    Almost 7k on the current setup without problems, also i allready posted pics of how the fox body mustang is, i actually have a few buddies with 5.0's that have the camber plates on the top of the shock towers with coilovers and no plate mounted on the under side of the tower.

    ill just leave this here.

  16. #241
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    360lympia
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smokenyall View Post
    Almost 7k on the current setup without problems, also i allready posted pics of how the fox body mustang is, i actually have a few buddies with 5.0's that have the camber plates on the top of the shock towers with coilovers and no plate mounted on the under side of the tower.

    ill just leave this here.
    That lip literally adds like 4 inches. You're not even that low...

  17. #242
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    117

    Default

    I'm lower and my coilovers fit properly, just saying.
    SimonF. UK to straya emigrant.

    Current: Aus Silvia S13
    Previous; UK Civic DX, B16A conversion, fitted - sold and written off by new owner

  18. #243
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    hello from brazil

  19. #244
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    14

    Default this is sad.

    im considering sellin my cb9 wagon, im ashamed of all honda owners right now.

  20. #245
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    360lympia
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadBlackKapper View Post
    im considering sellin my cb9 wagon, im ashamed of all honda owners right now.
    Okaayyy. I guess I'll take it off your hands

  21. #246
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,432

    Default

    My hyundai is lower on springs/shocks D:



    Get smaller tires, coilovers, and spacers for gods sake D:

  22. #247
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    279

    Default

    frame is actually about 2 3/4 off the ground.

  23. #248
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smokenyall View Post
    frame is actually about 2 3/4 off the ground.
    ain't shit...

    ricer

  24. #249
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Wtf

  25. #250
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    bethlehem Pa
    Posts
    1,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smokenyall View Post
    frame is actually about 2 3/4 off the ground.
    It looks raked and there's only pictures of the front so far so I bet the back isn't even lowered and judging from the pictures provided I doubt your frame rails are that low even even though that's not low.... Dude extended top hats don't even lower your car thu just save your struts by making it less compressed.... So just but gc extended top hats and gc sleeves and call it a day
    HoodRatStatus
    Instagram @looneylow

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •