Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gearheads and the women (or men) who marry them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearheads and the women (or men) who marry them.

Ok so I've been married to my wife for 5 years, and over those years I have consistently driven her nuts with my car talk and for the most part ***** it. Well I buy this 91 Ranger that according to the kid runs great..two days later I'm on the side of road broke down, Unfortunately at the moment I have an intelligent-challenged phone (old flip phone) so I call my wife tell her I'm broke down and she says OK, five minutes later she calls me with what could be wrong with my truck and how to fix it and what tools to use etc, I get home and she;s telling me what read on forums etc and said what signs to look for for other problems and what other Ranger owners had used to fix it, I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a tingling sensation in my naughty parts , I always read about guys bitching that their wives constantly give them shit over vehicles and what we do to them. Well you know my wife does bitch, and rightly so, but I honestly couldn't picture another women taking the time to look online and read thru "manly" forums to figure out what was wrong with her hubby's truck. For me, my wife is my best friend and the fact she took interest in helping me fix my instead of just saying junk it or whatever is awesome, Plus since I happened to buy the most redneck Ranger out there short of a lift, she wants to help me prep and paint my truck (!) . So I salute my wife and all the other spouses out there that love us and support us no matter how many times they contemplate poisoning us lol.

Congrats on marrying a good woman, there are too few of them in this world. I married a similar woman myself, and it is a blessing.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

I wish I could find one of these. The last girl I was with didn't know there was a difference between a tire and a wheel. I spent 30 minutes with pictures to explain the difference between putting on a spare tire and putting a new tire on the wheel. She still doesn't get it... needless to say, I don't run with her anymore. I just really wish I had the messages.

Originally posted by High_5er
      Hella irritating when the local Fuckbois smash around in a stock WRX with a fart can and a BOV. Then theyre all like, "Yeah bro I run boost" DUH NIGGA YOUR CAR CAME WITH IT.

Comment

This is just a taste of how dumb she is. im trying to find the spare tire thing.

Hella irritating when the local Fuckbois smash around in a stock WRX with a fart can and a BOV. Then theyre all like, "Yeah bro I run boost" DUH NIGGA YOUR CAR CAME WITH IT.

Comment

lolz. im pretty happy that my girlfriend has tolerated my shit so far. luckily she got a 1.8t mk4 jetta as her first car and she was cool with me lowering it. shes kinda bored with the stance thing though so im gonna build a drift car for next season so we can hoon slay tires like ken block swag yo. (she had a lot of fun when we went to a rallycross event and she got to ride with my buddy spencer)

IG: Nick475

Comment

Women do seem to appreciate a guy that knows cars, maybe not as much as we appreciate a woman that knows cars. My ex still calls me up for car issues lol!

Comment

Originally posted by StanceswithWolves View Post
              . My ex still calls me up for car issues lol!
              depending on which one calls, one might end up with sugar in their gas tank

Comment

My girlfriend didn't know anything about cars when I first met her.
                Now, she enjoys car show's and drift events, has a low e21 (with plans to lay frame) and has an account on here..

She's perfect.

Comment

Need to find me one of these here type of woman's.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

My girlfriend's only complaint about my car is the lack of carpet and such. She's even gone on 4+ hour round trip journeys in it with me.

Considering how retarded my car is, I can't complain at all. She's also totally understanding about my obsession. A keeper to me.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

My wife is searching for houses for us to move to. Our current home with a 4 car garage is not large enough.... for all our cars.

My father didn't raise no fool. <3 my wife.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                        My girlfriend's only complaint about my car is the lack of carpet and such. She's even gone on 4+ hour round trip journeys in it with me.

Considering how retarded my car is, I can't complain at all. She's also totally understanding about my obsession. A keeper to me.
                        I remember my car club road trip I had my interior stripped. It was so much fun but it was loooouuuuddd

Comment

Originally posted by TheNeek View Post
                          My wife is searching for houses for us to move to. Our current home with a 4 car garage is not large enough.... for all our cars.

My father didn't raise no fool. <3 my wife.

That is an equally awesome woman right there My wife has already said our dream home will have a lift,full-service bay, and of course a shower so I don't track grease in the house

Comment

My wife doesn't have to tolerate shit since my car isn't a piece of shit that breaks down.
                            And lol at you needing your wifes help to fix your car.
                            Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

One, if you actually read the first post you would see that I had no way of looking up anything when the truck broke down I had no internet at all. Two, all she did was search for the repair instructions for me since I haven't learned the in and the outs of everything just yet because i just got the truck. Three, I'm not made of money and I got this Ranger for decent money and with anything that is 20+ years old things break its a given. Four, 1 rude comment putting down WOMEN working with cars or having knowledge of anything to do with them is beyond sexist and that's your girls problem. Also your comment does not trump the fact that 8 other guys can/wish they relate to this. And FYI, I fight my own fights. Hope whatever makes you troll like this gets better!

Comment

Working...
                              X