The old guy thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The old guy thread!

How many members here remember the days you meet other low rider/car enthusiast it was at a car show or on the cruising strip? Not sitting behind a computer?

I really wish Internet was around when I graduated high school!

My 1993 Toyota truck in 1996 the morning we left for NOPI Nationals.

Have a few more pics but never took many pics back then. Didn't have a cell phone with a camera built in. I have a few old fashion pics ill try to scan and upload as well as pics from shows back then.

Purpose of the thread:

Post up any old pics you have of car shows, events, swap meets, cookouts or anything you have from back in the day!

I'll post more as I get them uploaded.

Comment

Yep, i remember those days...well, back in 96' I was just entering high school.....but i did tag along to local street races and stuff with my older cousins back then...boy was it fun.

Comment

nope i would of been 4... haha

Comment

back then we didn't have cameras on our phones, and digital was way too expensive for people, so I don't have jack shit

my cars were all stock until after I graduated from college anyway

remember these?
          Jason
          flickr
          build thread

Comment

^oh yes!! lmao!

Comment

^ I was the guy that thought he was a badass with one of these:

Good times

Comment

Originally posted by Withers View Post
                back then we didn't have cameras on our phones, and digital was way too expensive for people, so I don't have jack shit

remember these?
                I had one! That fucking antenna though. Bastards break all the time.
                Real name is James

Comment

Hell Yeah Nokia phones. A also relaized that I'm old when I had to tell someone that There were older Daft Punk songs than "Get Lucky".

Comment

built like a brick that one

it somehow landed before the wheels of my car, screen was busted, but phone still worked
                    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by KarlSpackler View Post
                      I had one! That fucking antenna though. Bastards break all the time.
                      i replaced my antenna with one that lit-up when the phone rang.

Comment

IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Originally posted by Withers View Post

remember these?
                          Had one. Changed the key pad with some colored shit, the case with something else and the antenna with lights. Yup. I was a badass.
                          Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
                          ^ I was the guy that thought he was a badass with one of these:

Good times
                          That shit was too rich for my blood.
                          Originally posted by HKSpeed View Post
                          i replaced my antenna with one that lit-up when the phone rang.
                          Yup. So many different styles back then.
                          Originally posted by Rob&co View Post

Rob, those pumps are a newer version and that pager isn't that old. This is OG shit right here:
                          Sup. Call me Z.
                          My Accord "build".

Comment

Originally posted by CrackerTeg View Post
                            I saved up every penny from making pretzels at the outlet mall to afford such a badass phone

Comment

Originally posted by CrackerTeg View Post
                              Had one. Changed the key pad with some colored shit, the case with something else and the antenna with lights. Yup. I was a badass.

Yup. So many different styles back then.

Rob, those pumps are a newer version and that pager isn't that old. This is OG shit right here:
                              well I was born in 85 (makes me 28) I came to America in 96! That's when I got a little job and shit and started buying stuff/living life. I had zero material items back home... My toys were had carved by my grandpa lol!
                              IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Working...
                              X