Thread: The Pillar-less Coupe That Could

Laguna Beach,CA Glendale, AZ Soon to be Boston

Default The Pillar-less Coupe That Could

Hey guys, I'm back.

and in a benz.

Last edited by 190Evan; 08-28-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupid Kid View Post
    I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Glad to see you found another one, looks clean.
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Thanks! Besides a small dent in the door and slight paint oxidization on the trunk, the car is mint. Only 137K and its been a dealer serviced car since '90. My weds will be going on here as they look near identical to old AMG Aero wheels besides not being step lipped and I will be painting them as well as the red will look like trash with the two tone silver.

How do you manage to find all these clean 124s .. Damn. Waiting to see what you have planned for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by _e90 View Post
    How do you manage to find all these clean 124s .. Damn. Waiting to see what you have planned for this one.
    Craigslist crawler could be my nickname. I'm always looking and my addiction usually gets the best of me. I also live in the southwest where rust isn't usually a problem and while living in CA, the owners were either ritzy old people who took good care or crazy Czechoslovakian old men that tried to do everything themselves and left me with a heap of problems lol. This 124 is by far the cleanest one I've driven as well as the most mechanically sound.

YES sir!!!

need some euro lights though

I need some badly, wish I would have not sold the ones of my recently departed 124 lol

Does anyone know if the Heckblende requires a german specific trunk? will my early US trunk work with this?

Wells folks, I've been super lazy and have slacked on an update but here's some goodness for y'all. I finally got her on the ground and I'm currently waiting to pick up some YSR coils as they are a great option and air just isn't in my deck of cards right now. As of now I removed the giant spring pads and cut 1.5 coils front and rear. Still comfy and perfect height for daily driving until my coils make their way into my life. I love this car and if it were equipped with the M119 V8 my blue Benz had I probably would never look at another Benz from this era again, BUT this m104 will do for now as it has plenty of torque and is easy maintenance wise.

My dog seems to feel differently about the sixer, she fiends the V8 power.

Also managed to get my hands on some newer E-Class AMG wheels as I will be going for an OEM+ look

The silhouette of this car has to be one of my favorite things about it. While maintaining the Mercedes Benz classy 90's boxy look it also captivates a sporty look similar to an R33 skyline or a similar variant. I definitely prefer the feeling I get from getting in and out of this car to my previous W124 but I do miss having 4 doors.

That's it for now folks, I should be picking up tires this week at some point which will also call for an update but until then enjoy.

Last edited by 190Evan; 10-12-2017 at 12:04 AM.

Small Update Ya'll

Got my E-Class wheels on and I love the OEM+ look especially because I think that 17's fit this chassis best for a street set up. Need to lower it about an inch in the rear and 1/2 inch up front but it drives amazing for now. Also want to ditch all of the rear camber to bring my fitment together a little.

What do you guys think?

Looks dope!
    Follow Me on Instagram: EricT93_Supra

Quote Originally Posted by EricT93 View Post
    Looks dope!
    Thanks man!

Damn those wheels look perfect on there
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Quote Originally Posted by hinrichs View Post
    Damn those wheels look perfect on there
    I think so too! thanks

God DAMMIT evan im losing my mind this thing is the stuff of dreams, literally the perfect blank canvas.

Proud to have another coupe brother in my life (even if yours is cooler and has no B pillar)

p.s should have gotten smaller tires nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Mehowski View Post
    God DAMMIT evan im losing my mind this thing is the stuff of dreams, literally the perfect blank canvas.

Proud to have another coupe brother in my life (even if yours is cooler and has no B pillar)

p.s should have gotten smaller tires nerd
    No pillars no problems.... until you roll lmao. I don't wanna run smaller tires as this is my daily driver and I would **** to damage these wheels on a random pothole. They are 205/40/17's. The problem is the wheels are only 8 wide so not much stretch. I love this car and it's been treating me well besides a minor external head-gasket leak but it doesn't cause any drivability concerns thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by 190Evan View Post
    Does anyone know if the Heckblende requires a german specific trunk? will my early US trunk work with this?

Will work perfectly fine buddy
    Lucas
    Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by LCG View Post
    High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

sub'd

That looks fantastic. Love the wheels on it.
    lamborfuckinghini

Damn looks good man! This is the best looking car you've had on here!

@projects_always

Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    That looks fantastic. Love the wheels on it.
    Thanks man, I'm going to lower the rear about a half inch and then call it a day until I start at Mercedes-Benz on the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by cblock406 View Post
    Damn looks good man! This is the best looking car you've had on here!
    Thanks! Really appreciate that, I still miss the blue 124 but this car sure makes up for it. It is by far the most baller/miami coke dealer-esque benz I have had and I love it.