e38 740i/6 speed swap & black interior swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e38 740i/6 speed swap & black interior swap

car is in north east arkansas and i am looking to get $3000 or preferably trade for an rv or camper or trade for another bmw/mercedes

314-578-7282
    -Allen

This car is not without flaws but I'll start with the good.

No rust
    Daily driver
    Hot heat
    Cold ac
    New tires
    New front suspension
    Fun

As far as the downside of this car it's as follows

A few missing interior parts (driver side knee bolster, driver side lower b pillar.
    Center console mounting tabs are not in good shape.
    The manual transmission swap was a "quick and dirty" wiring. What that entails is soldering a few wires together on the gear selection lever in order to make it start.. as a result of this their is a check engine light and a "trans fail safe" neither of these affect drive ability in any way.
    Slow leaking power steering lines.
    170k miles

When I decided to swap the transmission I purchased a 540i 6 speed swap kit that included the getrag 420 transmission pedal assembly clutch and hydraulics.

I did not want to use a hacked or custom drive shaft so I sourced a factory 740i/ 6 speed drive shaft and shift linkage from Germany eBay. As well as a BMW z8 transmission crossmember. This is direct OEM as possible swap.

We never got an e38 with manual transmission here in the states but almost every where else did.

The car has had recent cooling system work including a new radiator water pump and reservoir as well as hoses.

Last edited by oldisgold; 02-21-2017, 09:16 AM. Reason: price change

Texted you!! I'm in Little Rock

Comment

bump $3000 drive it home

Comment

what is happening

Comment

Working...
        X