OG '92 Lexus LS400 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OG '92 Lexus LS400 Build

I had a combined thread for both my cars but I'm going to make a more in depth individual one for each. We'll start with my (not so) daily LS400.

We'll skip the stock stage. As soon as I bought it I had to change the power steering pump. bypass the idle valve, and change the alternator (upgraded to 200A, why not?). Also did some little things like paint the grill insert flat black and installed stainless pillars.

I had some Lowenhart LDRs that got done being refinished about this time so I threw 'em on and rode donk for a hot second.

Then my JIC FLT-TAR VIP coilovers arrived. At the same time I installed new UCAs and 2nd gen LBJs.

Rode to Stance of the Union like this and then shipped off the wheels when I got home. In return I received a set of NIB Carving Head 40s. Fitment was much better but my tires were too big so I had to roll the fenders flat and ended up pulling a little in the process.

Then for some reason, which I do not recall, I took off the 40s and put on my 17" Impul R1s.

Right after that came some OZ made MAEs that I bought with the intention of rebuilding.

Wasn't really feelin' 'em as much as I thought I would be so I sold them and went back to the 40s. I finally got smaller tires (215/35[F]40[R] on 8.5/9.5) and did some work for UCA clearance. A custom true dual midpipe w/ secondary cat and resonator delete was made for ground clearance. I also upgraded to powdercoated 2nd gen front calipers/rotors as well as matching 1G rears.

I was lovin' it at this point, but nothing lasts forever. The starter went out which prompted an engine bay project, which I have since decided to cut short. EGR and ACC are being deleted to clean it up a little and some parts replaced,

Even though I haven't driven the car in a couple months I have continued to do a few little mods here and there including an SS kit to lower the rear and help with geometry up front, a Nardi wheel on a Works Bell hub, and some old school all clear tails.

Before it hits the road again I plan on doing some fitment work to get the rear back to flush. Stay tuned...
    Last edited by BLKonBLK98; 08-21-2010, 09:28 PM.

i dig it.
    dvsmethodz.

Comment

damn i miss my ls,those 40s are seks. props.
      WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
      @thewheeluminati

Comment

damn this is fresh, dare i say im actually feelin the tails too

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
          damn this is fresh, dare i say im actually feelin the tails too
          This. Those tails look ridiculous in a good sort of way.

Cole

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
          yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

Comment

Yep, those tails really flow with the bit of chrome trim and the wheels. Love the car. Wasn't feeling the wheels at first, but the longer I look at the pics, the more I love them.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

where can I find a Nardi wheel like that?

Comment

Your from the ORG no? Looks good man
                Last edited by shippedout; 08-15-2010, 12:36 PM.
                2002 Infiniti I35 ( 6 speed swap in progress )
                2004 Nissan Maxima SE 6 speed ( Closest car to being "stanced" )
                2003 Nissan Maxima SE 6 Speed
                2002 Lincoln LS
                On the verge of being Stanced

Comment

I remember I had those tail back in 2000. They look dope.
                  www.slammered-inc.com

Comment

thanks all for the positive feedback.

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                    ... dare i say im actually feelin the tails...
                    thanks. about half of the people i consulted before the purchase were against 'em but we all have different styles of building. i felt like they'd work with the period correct look i am going for on this one. no one has has any negative comments since i dropped the pics so i guess i was at least kinda right.

i'd also like to mention that these are discontinued and not real easy to find anymore. i was able to grab an almost new (installed but never driven) set from friend of mine.

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                    Wasn't feeling the wheels at first, but the longer I look at the pics, the more I love them.
                    they grow on you. lol. at first i wasn't real excited about them either but as time has gone on they've become hard to replace. these will most likely be on the car until i sell it to fund my other project.

again, pretty rare. not so much because of the wheel but more because of the sizing. i don't know of any other 18s in the states and have only seen 1 set worldwide in similar original widths/offsets. i'm sure there are more but i haven't found 'em.

Originally posted by XeRo View Post
                    where can I find a Nardi wheel like that?
                    i got a this one, used but in near mint condition, off ebay from a seller in japan. there are a lot for sale there, both new and used. just watch out for fakes.

Originally posted by shippedout View Post
                    Your from the ORG no?
                    yessir.

Comment

I think I remember you from sotu. Lookin soooo good if you get the rears flush it'll be OMG
                      sigpic

Comment

dam. I never knew these cars could look so good.

Comment

Not bad at all, the new things will set it on fire though
                          One mans commuter is another mans hotrod.

Comment

so dope....
                            sigpic

Comment

dope. i really want one of these! they are so cheap to pick up and look amazing with a slam and wheels.

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X