Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving some jap scrap.

Yo, long time moocher, 1st time poster.

I thought ide share some of my motors with you.

This project is a 1987 c32 nissan laurel.

The story behind this car goes a little something like this, while cruising around on a website called retro rides i came across this laurel, it was for sale months ago and the bloke wanted a quick sale as he was being laid off, but he decided at the last moment he wanted to keep it so all deals were off.

Just out of chance i sent him a message about where to get another of these as i wanted a proper pimp jap saloon, he got back quickly saying i could have his as he now wanted rid, so after scraping the money together and getting in there 1st before the bangers did i saved a old jap from the scrap.

Went and picked the old girl up from birminghamish way so took a solid 3 hours to get there, but when i drove her back she was perfect, engine quiet, no rattles, bangs, squeeks, tings, etc, but the prop donut is on its way out but thats nothing major.

Anyway got her to the unit, took some pics and promptly forgot about her as the MA70 was taking all my time.

But a few months later i started gathering things up for her for her trip to the tarmac, i gots me some s13 hubs, disks, calipers, control arms and some swish cusco coilovers, then the work started.

While i was inspecting the coilovers and removing the helper springs i got a thought, so i rung my mate paul and asked 'Is it possible to remove the coilover springs and just have the helper springs or would they shear when i lower this bitch and lose a eye' his response was for us to go for it since we want that ridiculous slammage.

So we did.

This shows the sizes of the standard c32 spring, the coilover spring and the helper spring seated.

we wernt quite ready for what happened next but we loved it.

Now to Americans this might not be low but to the english i think we all know VOSA will be after my blood once they see this.

There is still room under the arches for about another 20mm of drop and the coilovers will allow this but ive got to see what its like on the road first before i jump into that.

We also started on the fronts but it got dark and we got hungry so went home.

Just remember this cars ment to be FUN.
    Thats all it is, the more fun you have the more you want to learn and in return the more you can have fun with.

Comments welcome.

Oh and a little pic of my daily.

Peace.

Sick daily! turbo?

btw I like the SN too.
    SLAMMED GARAGE
    slammedgarage@hotmail.com

Comment

Both rides are badass dude... love it, cant wait to see where this goes!
      Originally posted by anth
      Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Petis View Post
        Sick daily! turbo?

btw I like the SN too.

Unfortunatly no dude, ill start a thread for this one soon, but its a rebuilt 7m-ge.
        It was ment to get a engine upgrade over winter but someone trashed it so i had to sort that out instead, its either gonna go down the 7m-gte, 1jz-gte or 2jz-gte route.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
          Both rides are badass dude... love it, cant wait to see where this goes!
          Cheers dude, it'll just get slammed, resprayed and some boso styling then it'll be sold so i can start a 280zx.

Comment

OMG Boso... If you found some immac SSR MKIII's for it with huge offsets... I would cry..

Comment

banana's

Comment

holy dumptness! sick ride!
                -Jorge-

Comment

So after the slammage of the rear me and Paul decided to attack the front.

The drivers side came off so damn easy and we pulled the whole quarter out.
                  Then we had to replace the lower arms, hubs, disks, calipers, pads and flexis out of the s13.

When we realised the original tracks rods wernt gonna fit the hubs we realised we were in trouble, so i started hunting for some s13 track rods and ends.

Eventually i got from a reliable source that r32 skyline track rods fit s13's so in turn will fit the laurel and will work for me, so theyre waiting to go on next week.

But in the mean time we put the passenger side together and wound up with this.

Not bad considering the chassis is about 2 cm off the even ground.

Just need to swap the rods and ends, hook up the steering, bleed the brakes and torque some bolts and we'll test it.

Oh and not forgetting rolling the arch.

Comment

Looking badass dude!

Comment

looks
                      sick
                      -Jorge-

Comment

Cheers guys, once i get the steering hooked up ill be happy and then i get to test it.

Comment

looking sick, needs a wash tho :p lol

Comment

looks good but i'm kind of iffy on the suspension. hope it works out for ya.

Comment

damn that is low!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X