Why did I buy another BMW #ragerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did I buy another BMW #ragerts

So papis and mamis i for some dumb ass reason decided another old pile of trash high mileage rust bucket BMW would be a good waste of some money #yolo.

Le vehicle is an '84 318i 5 spd
    Le mileage is 220 something

The rust is mint dude like got some serious weight reduction and a lot of jdmness. For example the driver floor board is a jdm swag money street sign oh and thats not even the good part, the best is the rust by the so called battery tray that now resides in the passenger floor. Yeah theres a hole on the firewall about the size of a foot ball where i can play with the carpet from the engine bay.
    Oh and the rear brake lines have rotted away so the ebrake is the only brakes,

The modor...
    Water pump doesn't pump water anymore it kinda just chills there. Pretty sure this could be the reason i burn oil from somewhere around the exhaust. Possible head gasket or warped head. If this turns out to be true then im possibly going lm7 swap until my 2jz is built. No promises in this department.

Thats pretty much it for now. going to have the car in the garage tonight and get a good look around to see what im working with and will have some pics.

I'm hoping you spent less than 50 dollars for this e30... it sounds pretty rough lol.

Comment

Originally posted by I_Haz.:R32 View Post
      I'm hoping you spent less than 50 dollars for this e30... it sounds pretty rough lol.
      800 but the body, drivetrain, suspension is all in mint condition aside the rust which i can have cleared up no problem, its nothing structural just a new floor pan and patch up the firewall and we should be mint.

Comment

I haz tree picturez mangz.
        My camera lens is fvcked and i was tired so all i got done was pushed it in the garage with the help of a passing police officer.

Should have the interior mostly out soon to get an idea of rust and will be looking under it tonight.
        Will have some more pics up tonight with updates.

Comment

Everybody loves a turd.

Resurrect this beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by Tate View Post
            Everybody loves a turd.

Resurrect this beauty.
            It will happen!

Comment

So last night i took a few steps forward and a few larger steps back...

Gutted the front half of the interior and got everything out that was the step forward.

As for the step back... well ill let the pictures do the talking...

Driver floor.

Passenger floor.

Where the battery tray and interior come together as one open space.

So yes this rust is quite bad but luckily its nothing structural and i will be replacing all the rusted sheet metal. Once the floors are solid and all the rust is fixed then i will begin some racekar prep.

Comment

fucking hell !! shit tonne of rust mate reminds me of my old mk1 golf haha
                Passion Garage

http://www.voomeran.jp

Comment

Got the head off... head gasket is definitely blown. The water jackets were full of a mixture of coolant and oil so i drained the coolant out of the block and it came out surprisingly green. The oil tho... drained that it it looked like straight chocolate milk.

Will have some pics up in a bit.

Comment

Been a minute since ive been on here. Progress has been slow but its getting somewhere and should be making some better progress soon.

Got alot of parts to put in. Got all new OE fuel lines, fuel filter, hardware, brake distribution piece, OE hard brake lines, steel braided flexible mid and front hoses, also got reinforced front and rear subframes that im having powder coated.

Engine wiring harness and vacuum lines are 90% put back together just need one or two new vacuum hoses and to bypass the heater core then the car should be running and driving... theoretically.

Might have pictures up at some point if im not being a lazy shit for once. Might actually even put some parts in it who knows.

Comment

Working...
                    X