e30 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e30 build

Hopefully I can actually finish this car this time.

Some of you may remember my old car:

Well after some headaches and getting fed up with the car I drove a fairly stock mk4 jetta 1.8t for a while, then I stumbled upon the corrado:

It quickly got modded:

and I had some fun breaking stuff:

Needless to say it wasn`t the car for me, I missed my old e30 to much, not to mention RWD.

So I present you my new shitbox:

I bought it auto, and more or less stock, decided to drive it until I found parts for the 5spd swap, and as you can see above, I motivated myself to do the swap sooner by blowing up the tranny drifting around an autox event, 1st gear auto drifts FTW

Yes thats my old 1.8t jetta (parents bought it from me) towing my e30, like a champ I should add.

Of course doing a tranny swap isn`t the only thing on my mind, I bought some wheels off of s4cr which should be coming in a little bit, but god knows I don`t have that much patience. Which brings us to these wheels:

16x8 et 52 all around, falken 502 205/40r16 on all of em, 40mm and 50mm adapters coming sometime next week.

Here is the oldest picture I have of the car, I should have taken some of when i got it, but I was in to much of a rush to get rid of all the ugly crap it had (red bumper trim, no is lip, stock headlights and grills, zender skirts and mtech replica rear bumper)

This is it after I put on the following:

Euro bosch headlights
    Euro girlls
    Euro trims
    Euro plate filler
    Euro plate
    Euro keyless glove box handle
    oem IS lip
    New bmw emblems
    Removed 325is logo
    Stock rear bumper
    oem shadowline
    Mtech 2 steering wheel

Low and what not to come soon, better quality pictures too.
    Last edited by Dutchy; 07-25-2010, 12:00 PM.

great start!
    -Jorge-

Comment

wow, it looks to be a pretty clean start, or at least cleaner than the previous e30

Comment

Originally posted by Burn535i View Post
        wow, it looks to be a pretty clean start, or at least cleaner than the previous e30
        Yeah the old one was worse underneath, but had a decent body, where this one has a clean underbody and engine bay, but rotten fenders and some rust from the idiot that screwed the skirts into the rockers.

It will get cleaned up for now, and over winter get new fenders and likely a respray.

Comment

I <3 e30 builds!
          sigpic

Comment

Small update:

I ordered all new shift bushings and linkage which should be here sometime later this week or early next, along with the adapters coming soon. Hopefully then I can get this thing 5 spd and rolling on the d90's shortly.

Comment

Adapters came!

Comment

i always wanted an e30. do it up!

Comment

nice...some motivation for my e30.

Comment

Love e30 , especially prefacelifts , because i have pre-facelift
                    Good luck with future builds!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard318i View Post
                      Love e30 , especially prefacelifts , because i have pre-facelift
                      Good luck with future builds!
                      Prefacelift? Both of my e30's are late models... I assume prefacelift refers to 87 and older with the metal bumpers?

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchy View Post
                        Prefacelift? Both of my e30's are late models... I assume prefacelift refers to 87 and older with the metal bumpers?
                        That is correct... although 88s had divingboards also... I will stop my rambling!

And I'm looking forward to how this car comes out, i was looking at a 91 325is, but the seller never got back to me with pictures of the car. His loss, because I was gonna buy it. I have too many cars as it is so i didn't NEED it...

Comment

Originally posted by PMcD View Post
                          That is correct... although 88s had divingboards also... I will stop my rambling!

And I'm looking forward to how this car comes out, i was looking at a 91 325is, but the seller never got back to me with pictures of the car. His loss, because I was gonna buy it. I have too many cars as it is so i didn't NEED it...
                          Yes 88's did but it was still a late body, with late tail's and lower rear arches.

Never too many, I have the corrado still, the e30 and I just bought another e30. Next buy is going to be a house

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchy View Post
                            Never too many, I have the corrado still, the e30 and I just bought another e30. Next buy is going to be a house
                            If the corrado wasn't for you why do you still have it? Or are you trying to sell it? Either way, I loved what you did with the corrado and i'm definitely looking forward to seeing the e30 getting some love.
                            ///M 2.0
                            G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

Originally posted by Jersh View Post
                              If the corrado wasn't for you why do you still have it? Or are you trying to sell it? Either way, I loved what you did with the corrado and i'm definitely looking forward to seeing the e30 getting some love.
                              Yeah the corrado is not a car I like all that much, I bought it because it was an insanely clean one owner car never winter driven with service records since day one. Its an awesome car to work on since there's no rust or butchery. But it is for sale, just not everyone is willing to pay 5k for a 20 year old car, the car was appraised at 7k.

I'm just glad to be back into an e30

Comment

Working...
                              X