Need help with Tires and Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Tires and Rims

Heloo everyone, i might need your help guys as i'm new to this world of stance, stretch, slammed etc. I have a Ford Probe GT ( attached picture ) and i was running 18x9.5 ET22 all arround. I just sold the wheels past week and i would go for the widebody ( Rocket Bunny Bodykit ). I have a friend which is very good with fiberglassing and he will build the Rocket Bunny kit for my car, following the lines of the car.

I just received today my new wheels, but this time i went for 18x10.5 ET0 . On the first set of the wheels i went 215/40/r18 and i got a super nice strech, as i need cleareance to the fenders. For these 10.5 i don't need to run strech, as i would cut the fenders to mount the Rocket Bunny.

I would like to know what would be a decent size of tires to run on a 10.5 and in the same time have a slightly stretch ? I was thinking about 245 or 255, would this be ok ?
    I just bought 2 of the rims, as i need to test fit and see how would they look on the car, i need to buy the other 2 and i'm still thinking if i should run staggered wheels ( 9.5 front and 10.5 rear or 10.5 all arround ) . For the tire brand, i was thinking about Nankang Ultra Sport NS2.

I would like to see some pictures of 245 and 255 on a 10.5inch wheel ! Cheers

the tyre height is important parameter for the stretch too.
    check this source tyrestretch.com
    IG page: @rare.wheels
    Fb page: facebook.com/konstbug.rare.wheels
    My Feedbacks by tag #konstbugfeedbacks

Comment

thanks konstbug, for the tire height i would go /40, as 35 is to dangerous to run for me... beside that, the car would bounce like hell... i just need help choosing the right tires width for this 10.5 wheels and having a little bit of strect in the same time...

Comment

Originally posted by filip_pine View Post
        thanks konstbug, for the tire height i would go /40, as 35 is to dangerous to run for me... beside that, the car would bounce like hell... i just need help choosing the right tires width for this 10.5 wheels and having a little bit of strect in the same time...
        the "right" width for 10.5" is about 280
        but you can put even 215, see pic
        its up to you, but you should understand why you need it

Last edited by konstbug; 10-21-2016, 07:19 AM.
        IG page: @rare.wheels
        Fb page: facebook.com/konstbug.rare.wheels
        My Feedbacks by tag #konstbugfeedbacks

Comment

Here's a link just in case: http://www.willtheyfit.com/
          Whatever path you take to get to your automotive nirvana is the right path, everyone’s path is different. If more people liked cars because they are cars—not because they are a way to get attention or to way to be better than someone else—then I think the automotive world would be a better place. -benmassey

Build Thread:

Comment

Working...
          X