Finacial Mistake: A First Car Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finacial Mistake: A First Car Story

Hello S/W! Please note the spelling mistake too. I just wanted to create a thread documenting a father/son restoration on a '86 Scirocco. She runs and drives pretty well for a $1600 car. Needs a measurable amount of work, but she's my dream car. Picked this thing up after about three weeks after VDub Derby.

Plans:
    -Make everything safe and reliable
    -Interior wiring/upholstery
    -MOMO Monte Carlo Wheel
    -Coilovers
    -Some sort of Borbets or Ronals. (Looking at OZ Turbos ATM) Ex: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Borbet-Type-...dX16Of&vxp=mtr

Anyway, here is the one pic i got of it lol:

Attached Files
    Whatever path you take to get to your automotive nirvana is the right path, everyone’s path is different. If more people liked cars because they are cars—not because they are a way to get attention or to way to be better than someone else—then I think the automotive world would be a better place. -benmassey

Build Thread:

Scirocco. Looks real nice too

Comment

In for this. Need to get mine done eventually too...
      I am a party pooper. I poop at parties.

Comment

Updates may be pretty slow. Picking it up mid to end of the week from the shop. Id rather do the work myself, but Id rather have a shop look over it and do a tune up, brake check, ect. Hoping to hear from the shop today.
        Whatever path you take to get to your automotive nirvana is the right path, everyone’s path is different. If more people liked cars because they are cars—not because they are a way to get attention or to way to be better than someone else—then I think the automotive world would be a better place. -benmassey

Build Thread:

Comment

So here is another crappy pic of trailering it to Saint Matthews Imports. I nearly crapped my pants after seeing this in English class
          Attached Files

Build Thread:

Comment

Working...
          X