No announcement yet.

Oldman Josh's ramblings of nothingness.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldman Josh's ramblings of nothingness.

I had an old thread for my R33 but with a new car to build I figured I'd start another that encompasses all my current / previous cars.
    So, lets start from the begining and work our way forward through this journey called life.

I've own a bunch of cars through out the years but we will stick with the cars I enjoyed the most. Living In Canada has given me the opportunity to own some pretty cool JDM cars in the past (and present).

First, my R32 Skyline GTS-T. The car that started it all for me. This car made me enjoy cars to a point where I've spent every dime on them since...

When the motor died I had no where to store the car and ended up selling it for nothing. Unfortunately it just had to go so I could buy something to get to work and back. That ended up being the next car.

My 1987 Toyota Cressida. Full grama spec car, my friend had a 88 on a 17/18 Euroline stagger and I was super stoked on it, ended up picking up a set of 18x9/18x10 MAE's and put the car on BC rading coil overs. I thought it was so cool at the time but now I realize I was full DONK spec haha.

Then the car was stolen by some assholes and recovered. Locks punched out, dash speakers were kicked in, ignition was screwed. I ended up selling it for about the cost of the coil overs and kept the wheels.

NEXT

1989 240sx hatch. Bought with some of the money from the X7, it had some ok parts on it when I picked it up. Rota's / Tein coil overs. The car ended up on my MAE's from the last car along with Stance coilovers, full SPL arms and a s15 helical differential. It was fun, low and very slow with the single cam. Ended up getting bored and didnt want to do a motor swap so I sold it after a couple years.

And this brings us to a car that one or two of you may have seen.. or not..

My 1996 Nissan Skyline Sedan (R33)
    I wanted something different, R33's are already low on the list of cars people want so why not get the sedan almost no one has seen before.
    Bought from auction in Japan with a few upgrades but over all pretty minty.
    Coil overs / wheels / exhaust / 2 way diff, it was a good platform to start from (fuck up)

Some where in the middle

NEK MINUTE

I ended up tearing the bags out, put it back on coil overs. The car just kinda rots away in the garage now, barely drove it this year just due to lack of motivation and being angry at it.

rip

And now on to the new car.

1993 Nissan Cima (Y32)
    80xxxkm's
    Vh41de /auto

Bought from a 73 year old Greek dude. its been in Canada for approximately 8 years. The car was brought in at 20xxkm's and he drove it every where. Went from Vancouver BC to Vegas 5 times. The car has been super reliable and a fun luxury boat but I am I and I need to mess it up like my previous cars...

Next to my friends Y32 Cedric that is currently being built as well.

I ended up finding a Junction Produce Y32 in a local junkyard (pretty much the only other y32 that was local) and ended up grabbing a ton of parts from it. One item was a set of Stance 12k/10k coil overs. I was stoked not to have to order new and these were in pretty good shape considering they were built 5-6 years prior.
    When I bolted them on I soon realized the front wouldn't go low enough or have any amount of decent camber. Just a shitty factory design from Nissan.

I then use some parts laying around from an long sold project to get it to sit right. S14 (240sx) lower control arms / tension arms / 5 lug hubs/knuckles and inner/outer tie rods. I also picked up some SERIAL NINE NCA's to get the camber to match the rear.

(stole my roommates 17's just to test fit)

Well that's about it for now, should have some other wheels bolted up soon and then an alignment. I'm trying to drive the car from Vancouver BC to the Irwindale area early Oct. for Formula D and Super D Matsuri but we will see if my funds allow that to happen...

Comment

well its differen, i'll give you that.... im in... wanna see where you take this..

Comment

saw this on IG

looks awesome ! huge fan of those japanese boats

Comment

put the front emitz on already
          [IMG]https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5441/17191163096_12105eed9a_o.jpg[/IMG]
          instagram: [URL"http://instagram.com/jonnysachs"] jonnysachs [/URL]
          Tumblr: [URL"http://fr3dfr3dburg3r1.tumblr.com/"]FR3DFR3DBURG3R1[/URL]
          Build: [URL"http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49839"] The civic that can always go lower [/URL]

Comment

why you angry at the R33?

its funny that I've seen that skyline about the internet loads and then one day it pops up on here

Comment

Well if you follow me on instagram you've seen theses.
              Rebuild the Emitz and got them all bolted up, not bad might rebuild them again with new lips over the winter. Tho money is a little tight as I have a civic race car project, 180 drift car project and a busted as jeep to work on as well haha.

14500707_10155441104763345_8980358790530189758_o by Josh Reading, on Flickr

14711448_10155441102458345_4088599494611709503_o by Josh Reading, on Flickr

14856121_10155441100273345_6255728384413451300_o by Josh Reading, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
              X