1998 Peugeot 106 Rallye S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Peugeot 106 Rallye S2

Hello everybody ! I made a quick presentation in the Noobie section but I'm going to do another one right here.

I'm a proud owner of a very used Peugeot 106 Rallye S2. For us this little car represente the last interpretation of what a real GTi is. I mean there is litterally no drive assists : no ESP , no TCS , no ABS , no airbags and no steering power.

For those that have no clue of the engine that powers this car here is the (stock) specs :
    - 4 inline N/A 8v 1587cc
    - 103hp (76Kw) at 6200rpm
    - Rev limit 7200rpm
    - 95lbs at 3500rpm
    - weight = 890kg (1962 pounds)
    - max speed = 192km/h (119mph)
    - 0-60 = 9sec

Here is the little monster when I bought it

I got it with a few mods such as :
    - Intake
    - Exhaust
    - Supersprint Exhaust manifold
    - Peugeot Sport front and read damper
    - Lowered rear axles (there is no spring at the back only torsion bars)
    - Bolted half rollcage
    - Quick release with aftermarket steering wheel
    - Front upper strut bar and lower strut bar (very helpful because there is no engine subframe on those cars)

I bought the car with 139 000miles on the cluster

My goal is to mix the EURO scene with a very low ground clearance, roof rack and widened steelies with JDM goodies such as Bride bucket seats , Takata harness , a Spoon-like spoiler , etc ....

First shooting I did with my microcar back in February ! Two little modifications were done

The first one was the wind deflectors I put on the windows for that 90's vibes

And the second one that will make people laugh (or cry) are the hood spacers. I bought some Civic hood spacers and adapt them to fit my hood. I know for most people it looks dumb or look like if the car was involved in a crash but I like the agressive look it gives from a side view

(need offset , but my widened steelies are waiting)

Comment

Always had a soft spot for these. Ever since my friends GTI/Saxo VTS engined one flew past me when i was at 140mph! Although he did blow up yet another gearbox doing so... 1.5 Diesel gearbox i think!

In for this.
      I am a party pooper. I poop at parties.

Comment

The major positive thing about those tiny rocket is the engine can give a descent amount of power with some right aftermarket parts.

And no surprise for me about your buddy because the MA gearbox is well know to blow up. My mine is another version known as MA5S that only the 106 Rallye have from factory

Comment

Plastidip session

I go on with my story

The next update I did on my Pug was to plastidip the lower part of the rear bumper and so I did the same with the front bumper.

Unfortunately it was poorly done so I need to do it again when I will get over my today's problems.

(sorry i don't have any way to put it in portrait mode)

Comment

Lower it (a bit)

Next mod on the list was shorter spring while I was waiting to buy some coilovers ! When I bought the 106 it was lowered by -30mm at the front end and -40mm at the back, so I bought some used -40mm springs to put on the front dampers (I'm nowadays putting a coilover conversion kit on Blistein B6 Track dampers)

There is still a huge cap between the tye and the arch that's why I bought a coilovers conversion kit

Next step was to change those OEM tailights for some Peugeot Ecosse ones

Before :

Comment

hey,

another peugeot on the forum

Comment

Originally posted by Kris View Post
                hey,

another peugeot on the forum

Hi buddy !!! I saw your 605 in the thread , such a beauty it's a car i'd like to own some day (or maybe a 406 sedan)

Comment

New shoes on the way

So now move on to the wheels ! I bought some Peugeot 307 steelies (6x15 18ET) that I gave to a welder : GO WIIIIDE for a small car

The new specs are 15x8 ! I need to paint them (still not finished) and fit some 185/45/15 Nankang all the way round

Now I'm very happy with the offset and the size of the wheels

This is how they look like with a coat of primer

I decided to paint them with the same white from Peugeot as the stock steelies to keep that OEM vibe

I need to sand them and respray one or two white coat to have a smooth finish and get that orange peel away and finish off with 2 layers of clear coat

Comment

Very nice, although I prefer the look of oem steelies. Is it fun to drive? I have always had a soft spot for pocket rockets.

Comment

Originally posted by whiteghost View Post
                      Very nice, although I prefer the look of oem steelies. Is it fun to drive? I have always had a soft spot for pocket rockets.
                      I prefer the stock steelies too, but 14 inch is way to small for me and the tyre are so skinny (175/60/14). The second issue is that I didn't want to sacrify the OEM wheels as they become more and more rare

I can tell by all the cars I've driven in my life (including a pristine Alpina B5 F10) it's the one that give the bigger smile. It's clearly not the fastest car on eart with just over 100hp, but it's a blast to drive in tight corner thanks to the weight and the short gearbox.
                      This car is all about accelaration with a pretty descent 0-100km/h (0-60mph) just under 8sec : not to bad for a lightly tuned 1.6 liter

Comment

Bienvenue ici !

Sounds good to see other frenchie on this forum !

My mind blew up when i read this :
                        Originally posted by AuToPsie View Post
                        My goal is to mix the EURO scene with a very low ground clearance, roof rack and widened steelies with JDM goodies such as Bride bucket seats , Takata harness , a Spoon-like spoiler , etc ....
                        because my project is exactly the opposite

Put euro stuff on a JDM car !
                        Also my car is a japanese boat compare to your 106 !
                        The only same point is about the ride height i think

Your car looks already good and should be at another level with those widened steelies and coilover conversion !
                        '85 Celica Supra 2.8GT ×× Offset Killer ××

Comment

Originally posted by EuroJDM View Post
                          Bienvenue ici !

Sounds good to see other frenchie on this forum !

My mind blew up when i read this :

because my project is exactly the opposite

Put euro stuff on a JDM car !
                          Also my car is a japanese boat compare to your 106 !
                          The only same point is about the ride height i think

Your car looks already good and should be at another level with those widened steelies and coilover conversion !

Salut l'ami !!! rare de croiser des francais ici

I like how Japanese apply their own style to Euros such as BMW or Benzes so I'm told myself "let's try it on one of our french car" mixed with a bit or german influence (such as the steelies)

I think yours might be lower than mine ! My car is just lying on short springs than stock so I lost about 4cm (where I can go under 6cm with the coil conversion)

My goal is to have one of the most beautiful 106 in France and I hope that lowering it and have wide steelies should have a huge visual impact and make all the difference

Comment

No more cuteness

Next step , was to make my front end a bit more agressive !! To acheive my goal I went to VW dealer and ordered a Seat Leon Cupra R lip , a very common mod for the 106

(as you can see I lost one my wheel arch on the road it might be because my car is to powerful )

I love how it looks ! It's purely mental but it makes the car looking lower

Comment

TU5J2 1.6 8v

3 weeks ago , I decided to change my injectors. The stock one are rated at 145cc. I bought some OEM ones but from another Peugeot. I got some Peugeot 406 1.8 with a capacity of 185cc. Many people put ones from a 205 GTi 1.9 (200cc) but they are way too big from a lightly tuned 1.6l such as my engine.
                              My goal was to make my car run on E85 fuel. Keeping the stock ones will make they them satured runing on E85. I also changed my fuel

It results in a better throttle response and more torque at low rpm ! My fuel comsuption made a huge jump too hahaha. Sad thing about it , my car doesn't backfire no fire

Comment

Working...
                              X