X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Refresh to the "512 Project FLOP" Blog

I would ask you to first re-read the blog post:

VooDoo Garage: 512 Project Blog Post

Now I re-visit this not to bring attention to myself or to StanceWorks, but to make a statement of how we all should proceed in communicating with one another. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, as Timm (owner of VooDoo Garage) was entitled to his. I was a little disappointed that some of our members berated his blog and inbox with hateful comments. This is no way to conduct ourselves. What's different about StanceWorks is that we are welcoming of everyone. Our particular form of styling goes against the grain of traditional car enthusiasts, but that means we have an opportunity to change the mentality that has plagued "most" car enthusiasts for so long. That being we are quick to "****" on each other or cut each other down. Instead, let's encourage one another, even when our approach might be different then the next. When someone decides to spew negative comments, instead of retaliating, reach out to them in PM or neutralize the comments.

This community has a HUGE opportunity to be examples of how car enthusiasts should interact with one another. Despite how big we thing the car enthusiast world is, the reality is that it's a very small world especially with the internet. It would have been great to see someone reach out to Timm and explain better what StanceWorks is about.. instead his impression was cemented with what he "anticipated" our reaction to be.

I'm not here to belittle anyone or to bring anyone down. I write this to encourage everyone to instead of wasting energy looking for something negative to say or do, go make someone's day by complimenting them on their ride, or helping them with advice or installing a new car part. When life serves up some lemons, figure out a way to make lemonade (cue the corny phrase police). Let's grow this thing so that even when "wheel fitment" has lost it's glamor (hopefully when I'm dead and gone), the community that is StanceWorks is still around helping each other out.

/Sermon

Ben

That's awesome. No other website would care like that.
    -Brandon-

Comment

I just wish that guy would use capital letters after periods...

I'm just playing, Ben you are doing great things for this community, if only the internet had more people like you, who think before they speak, and realize that people are entitled to their own opinions.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Hey

Preach!
        Well said Ben! Can't make everyone happy, but you can for sure try! I'm sure the HF & SW guys knew this when they were planning. It happens

Manny
        I drive a HooptiE
        OZ TOOLS FOR RENT

Comment

Ben for president 2011
          Originally posted by anth
          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
            Ben for president 2012
            Fixed.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

well handled Ben.
              i think i made it into his apoligy
              Originally posted by TheNeek
              BP ain't got $#!T on StanceWorks!

Comment

wow. a bunch of people emailed him "****" mail without properly opening up dialogue to exchange thoughts on the issue? what a bunch of tools.

Originally posted by prodigee View Post
                realize that people are entitled to their own opinions.
                +1
                Originally posted by Kielan
                I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

I'm just playing, Ben you are doing great things for this community, if only the internet had more people like you, who think before they speak, and realize that people are entitled to their own opinions.
                  This.

I was surprised at what people had said in the original thread.

I like em dropped.

Comment

Fixed.
                    Ben for prez NAO!
                    Originally posted by anth
                    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

hahahaha i guess he read my "fuck him he's old" comment

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Wisdom. Seriously, Hillary Clinton wouldn't be afraid of the internet if everybody on it conducted themselves like you, Ben. Open mindedness like yours is something that's going to keep this community going.

Cole

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
                        yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

Comment

Working...
                        X