Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low, slow and a bit rusty | E46

Hey SW.
    WARNING! THIS IS PROBABLY GOING TO END UP LIKE A DUMP AND ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE!

This is kind of my introduction to the forum because nobody knows who I am.

Im a 20 year old guy from a little town outside Oslo, Norway. Growing up I was always more interested in bikes than cars. It's probably because I grew up with a mom and dad that were in a mc club. While the other kids had parents scared of everything, I used to visit the local Hell's Angels with my dad and he would teach me how to fix Harleys. Im a terrible mechanic, on both bikes and cars, so I don't think I paid that much antention. It did not help that I got my first Yamaha Yz 50 (Like this) when I was 5. I think I was almost 16 before I got interested in cars.

My first car: A Mercedes C-Class (W203), 2001 with Compressor. My grandfather gave it to me when I got my license. It was automatic, but I liked the car alot. I had the car for about a year and a half until I buttf***ed another car.

My second car: From the time I first started getting interested in cars I've always wanted them low and old. So I bought a 1979 BMW E12 and had so many plans for it. Me and my girlfriend moved togheter and week in, I lost my job. Yep. I had a savings account my grandfather gave me, for this types of "emergencies" but I had forgot about it and quickly ran out of money. So I sold it. Cheap.

My third car: Skip ahead a couple of months. I am now in a full-time job looking for a new car and can't find anything. For months. I guess im picky. I've wanted a slammed e46 for a while now, after a friend of mine had a really nice one and sold it before I had money. Now I finally find the perfect one. Its a 1998, 318 (1,9l) E46. Already lowered with TA tecnix coilovers and with Artec rims. Perfect and a good deal.
    I get a friend to drive me and find out its even lower and cooler then I'd thought. Things are looking great.

And here I am. Once again with a lot of plans and high expectations. I guess Im doing this "build thread" thing wrong, because Im kind of pleased with the way it looks already. But I still have plans for it and I expect it to look a lot different in a couple of years.

Wheels

#Front
    Artec 8" wide 17" -et 16 with 185-40r17

#Back
    Artec 10" wide 17" -et 18 with 215-40r17

BMW E46

BMW E46

Stay tuned.

Looks real nice. You have any close-ups on those wheels?

Comment

Beer and a cracked rim

Originally posted by Tate View Post
      Have been busy with beers and good friends this passed week, but will take one as soon as possible!

On another note: It seems the back-right rim is cracked, from previous owner. I found out early in morning on my way to work that I had a flat tire and first I thought it was the tire. Turns out it wasn't. The rim is cracked and he has been trying to seal the crack with some sort of rubber material. If you know what it could be, please tell me. So will be going home to my familiy's farm this week and weld it.

I would also guess its been a while since the wheels were soldered, so will be doing that this week too. Its a little annoying not being able to drive over 60 km/h without a lot of shaking in the steering wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Tate View Post
        Here you go

Comment

So, things happened!

Long story short: Stopped by the police, because of sparks under my car, not happy about the height and my wheels, now I have 14 days to lift it and put on the original 15"s.
          Im going to frame this. In norwegian: Sparks flying when driving

Really enjoyed driving it the last couple of weeks, so it will be boring driving on original wheels and height for a while.

Comment

Can't really tell from the photo, but the rubber material trying to seal the crack might be bead sealer? I've sealed wheel lip cracks that way at my dealership (customer's choice, not mine) until they replace the wheel or get it welded. Our shitty US roads claim soooo many Mercedes wheels, expensive wheels at that. Nice looking e46 tho, much respect for that ticket haha

Comment

Originally posted by drews472 View Post
              Can't really tell from the photo, but the rubber material trying to seal the crack might be bead sealer? I've sealed wheel lip cracks that way at my dealership (customer's choice, not mine) until they replace the wheel or get it welded. Our shitty US roads claim soooo many Mercedes wheels, expensive wheels at that. Nice looking e46 tho, much respect for that ticket haha
              Haha, thanks man. A friend of mine helped me and I saved 500$ for now. I think he used a similar to what you said, but Im not sure. I got temp. fixed tho. So I was happy about that! But got pulled over only days later anyway.. lol

Comment

Working...
              X