Casper: Ghost of Little Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casper: Ghost of Little Red

HELLO ALL! So a few years have passed and I got another e30. A lot of these posts have already happened, I just decided to not be so lazy and document it now. I will try to get some quality posts of what went down so far. Anyways, it is an 89 325is automatic with faded paint and well over 200k miles LOL, but not to worry, all of that will change.

Here is the latest picture I took. We are prepping for an engine rebuild and pulling out the ol m20 and stripping the bay. Im still a noob at this whole build thread stuff, but here goes. Oh yeah, the first thing I did to it was airlift performance V2. So it will be going down the wide and low road.

Here it is after we pulled the engine, but I'm gonna post that fun later, so just pretend it still has an engine in the bay.

Stripping the bayy

This stuff burned the shit out of my hands and feet, but it got the job done so I'm fine with it.

Wire wheel and me

Masked and sanded

Aaaaand primer, paint, and clear on. Turned out really well! It isn't yellow anymore!

Well on that note, I think that concludes my first post. Let me know what you think! Thanks everyone!

And plans on shaving the engine bay?

Comment

Originally posted by becausephilchow View Post
      And plans on shaving the engine bay?
      Nah, I was kind of in a rush with all the engine bay activity,so I didn't do any wire relocating or shaving, maybe in another life.

Comment

Engine Shenanigans

With the engine bay all dapper, it is now time to rebuild the heart of Little Red.First things first, I sent the block to a machine shop and got her cleaned up and bored a little bit, but nothing serious. The goal for the engine is basically stock and brand new. Here Goes!

Heres some rebuilt head pictures

Masked and painted the block an elegant black. Sexay Sexay

I decided on crinkle coating the valve cover. Ill grind down the horizontal striping and BMW logo, should look cash.

I used some lines on them bolts to make sure I made the proper torques and turns.

Anyways, here are the rest of the assembly pictures. Everything went together properly and it felt badass to do some engine work. This kinda stuff is way more fun than dash or interior work.

99 problems but a bitch tube ain't one

Got er MATED TO THE TRANNY

SHES IN, I also put on the radiator and all other goodies, just didn't take any pictures.

HOW I FELT AFTER FIRST TRY START WITH OPEN HEADERS

Comment

in in in

Comment

21 savage lol

I also spy some Nike ck all courts. You must be a skateboarder Boi like me

Comment

Nice to see the DIrty30 dream lives strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                in in in
                Ill try to keep it interesting

Originally posted by jalenda9 View Post
                21 savage lol

I also spy some Nike ck all courts. You must be a skateboarder Boi like me
                I try to do maneuvers on the ol' board.

Originally posted by Tate View Post
                Nice to see the DIrty30 dream lives strong.
                The e30 dream will always live strong

Comment

Update!

Its about that time for another update! The motor has been running like a champ. I have done a good 4 oil changes in the past 300 miles. I started off with non-synthetic break in oil as instructed. Did two of those changes in first 100 miles or so to break in piston rings and then continued onto full synthetic. NOW ON TO OTHER THANGS

Here is a quick shout-out to all the sponsors so far.

Went to the "rim store". Gonna try and run some 28s with some rubber bands. Some of the best rimz in the bidniss.

Something fun came in the mail

These really are some big boiz compared to stock. Quality seems unreal, can't wait to put em on. They will have to wait though as I have other things that need to happen first.

I finally came upon my dream wheels. Its been a long couple years, but I finally got them.

On that note, this update is over. Sorry to the couple peeps, but this was a small one. Ill try to get a bigger one in the future. Have a good one everybody.

Comment

Subbed! Always keen for a good E30 build thread. Keep up the good work.
                    1991 BMW E30 325i Touring

Comment

yessss.
                      i really hope the interior from little red is going in this!
                      Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Originally posted by Grime View Post
                        Subbed! Always keen for a good E30 build thread. Keep up the good work.
                        Thanks mang

Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
                        yessss.
                        i really hope the interior from little red is going in this!
                        It might be

Comment

Its so clean
                          Whatever path you take to get to your automotive nirvana is the right path, everyone’s path is different. If more people liked cars because they are cars—not because they are a way to get attention or to way to be better than someone else—then I think the automotive world would be a better place. -benmassey

Build Thread:

Comment

better be!
                            Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Working...
                            X