I finally bagged my SL500 feat: The Great White Rectangle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally bagged my SL500 feat: The Great White Rectangle

Hello! This car has been in my family since new and I've owned it myself for over 2 years now. It's a '96 but it was manufactured at the end of 1995 making it the same age as me so that's cool too. Due to other projects and other obligations I haven't been able to give this car the attention it deserved and now I can. Step 1 was replacing the blown factory suspension and what better way to do so than bags? My wheels for it are getting tires mounted tomorrow and then I'll put them on and throw some pictures up. In the mean time, here's some pictures my friend took for me yesterday.

paul wall by Joshua Kerti, on Flickr

And a phone picture of my hardline setup

IG: @OsakaFlocka

lookin good man! what wheels do you have planned for it?

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

love this, just dont over kill with the fitment and chamber. this has a classy look.

Comment

oh hai paul
        Follow the build on IG: @kmcguckin
        Bagged/Boosted/Widebody 350z Roadster
        Wrong.Fitment.Crew

Comment

oh nice, i somehow expected a newer sonderkonstruktionen und leichtbau

not disappointed !!

what shoes are you looking at?
          Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

This so so freaking rad dude! stoked to see another merc guy on here, have you ran into any issues with your M119 yet? If you need any parts I've got quite a few extra laying around so lemme know, I've always had a thing for R129's

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
            I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Originally posted by scweet14 View Post
              lookin good man! what wheels do you have planned for it?
              Thank you! Nothing too wild at the moment. I'll post them up when they're on the car.

Originally posted by gianni_blanco View Post
              love this, just dont over kill with the fitment and chamber. this has a classy look.
              Thanks! I did the whole crazy camber thing so I feel pretty been there done that about it. I have a lot of sentimental value with this car so I also don't want to do anything crazy that'll ruin it. I also want to make it more of a comfy gt cruiser (I drive about 1" lower than stock)

Originally posted by irishguy0224 View Post
              oh hai paul
              Hola

Originally posted by P78 View Post
              oh nice, i somehow expected a newer sonderkonstruktionen und leichtbau

not disappointed !!

what shoes are you looking at?
              I don't blame you! R129s aren't really the most popular. I have a couple wheels in my collection I'm throwing around. I ended up ordering the wrong size bolts so I couldn't mount everything up to see what's what.

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
              This so so freaking rad dude! stoked to see another merc guy on here, have you ran into any issues with your M119 yet? If you need any parts I've got quite a few extra laying around so lemme know, I've always had a thing for R129's
              Thank you!! Mercedes is one of my favorite brands and I've always loved Stanceworks' forum for its Mercedes content. I haven't run into any engine issues so far though I should replace an engine mount and my serpentine belt soon. It's proven to be a great engine so far!

Comment

Nice basis! Looking forward to the wheel setup.
                Lucas
                Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                Originally posted by LCG
                High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

older mercs always tickle my fancy

r129 + Aero's (too bad the oz's tend to crack) is what i would do
                  Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

R129 one of my dream cars and love that 2 perfect examples have been lowered in the past year (danimal.'s black R129 and johnnyvicemercy from UK).

Building a W124 Benz

Comment

My bolts came in so the wheels are mounted!

Comment

love it hope to see it around in person

Comment

Gangsta

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
                          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

I think the wheels would flow a lot better if they were the same colour as the lower plastic trim, but it looks great nonetheless.

Building a W124 Benz

Comment

Oh my god that is so hot

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                              I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Working...
                              X