Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norwegian BMW E36 LTW Build!

Hello fellow SW members!

As the title says, I am a 21 year old hobby mechanic from Norway with a passion for cars.
    In this thread I will share with you the whole process of me re-building a whole car up from scratch.
    I hope you enjoy this thread as much as I do, and please feel free to leave some feedback.

Now over to the project:

I just recently bought a 94' BMW E36 320i Coupe. Iv'e had a E36 before, so I knew that it would be a lot easier for me to work on and I got it for a very good prize.

The car itself didn't look good, but apart from that it was in a decent condition.

This is how the car looked when I got it:

This is my inspiration (with the checkered flags added of course):

I have done a lot of work to it already and will probably update this again tomorrow with more pictures, so stay tuned!
    Last edited by Public Enemies Co.; 10-07-2016, 06:29 AM.

Thought I would share some of the pictures that I already have of the work i've done so far.

The whole car is roughly sanded down and I will eventually repaint it to Alpine White 3.

Rough shot of the car as it is now:

Painted the front white:

Also painted the rail that holds the radiator etc. & freshened up the plastic cover above it:

Bought a K&N air filter:

Interior shot (already swapped the steering wheel):

I've already lowered the rear of the car and will do the front during this week. The door panels are removed because they were loose and i made a "temporary" solution.

That's pretty much it for now. I'll post more as soon as possible

Comment

Good progress so far

Comment

Thank you Got some new rims for her today, will post pictures of them soon.

Comment

Bought some new stuff today!

600 grit (wet) sandpaper with sanding sponge and some Auto Glym polish (got it for free at work)

Bought these rims for her Not sure if they will be permanent though

Also had a friend drop by with his 535

That's it with updates for today, will probably test fit the rims and start sanding tomorrow

Comment

Trying to revive this build after a loong while without posting..

Haven't posted here in a while because little to none response and very limited time on my hands.
            I also got hands on a E38 735i meanwhile, which is sick.

Here is the E38:

Unfortunately the cooling fan blew in the engine bay, which took a lot of time to recover, also a reason for not posting..

Anyway, here is what the car looks like today!
            Basically all ready for paint, only missing hood, side skirts and prepping inner door panels.
            Have done a lot of other mods as well, more pictures to come!

What do you think of the project so far?

Comment

Like where this is going mate, keep the updates coming...
              My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

Beautiful E38 mate

Comment

Digging the E38, anxious to see what the e36 looks like w/ fresh paint. Keep the updates coming!

Comment

Love a white e36 so can't wait to see this finished
                    Current Car: 04 Ford Focus SVT

Founder of CleanCarCulture!
                    www.CleanCarCulture.com

Www.facebook.com/CleanCarCulture

Always on the look out for feature cars in NorCal, Maine, Kansas and Florida. Want to become part of the CleanCarCulture team? Use the contact form on our website!

Comment

Thanks!

Got some more mods to it! Sorry for the crappy quality, it's shot with iPhone
                      Will be taking better pictures with my Canon camera for future updates!

Tested the halo rings:

Got a Thule roof rack:

Installed Sparco harness: (will fit a better seat later)

And finally, //m pedals:

Painting the car is really expensive in Norway, so it could take a while..
                      I will still update once I get new parts for it. Planning on getting a hood for it this week, and also swap the driver's side door because it's missing the lock.

I also aquired a winterbeater/car for parts. It's a E36 318is with welded diff.
                      I'll post some pictures of it later if you want to see it!

Comment

This is going to look so good!

Comment

a lot of scandinavian people paint their cars in Poland, when i was living in Denmark I organize it for couple of my friends. Mayby try and go this way

Comment

Originally posted by konokrad View Post
                            a lot of scandinavian people paint their cars in Poland, when i was living in Denmark I organize it for couple of my friends. Mayby try and go this way
                            thats actually a really good idea, they deliver pretty good quality work from what i've heard.

oh and i know a norwegian sentence, not the nicest one but what the hell right!?

hold kjeften pa deg! but dont keep the updates coming m8!

Comment

Originally posted by fpsthomas View Post
                              thats actually a really good idea, they deliver pretty good quality work from what i've heard.

oh and i know a norwegian sentence, not the nicest one but what the hell right!?

hold kjeften pa deg! but dont keep the updates coming m8!
                              Haha, spot on Can I take a wild guess and say you have been watching Kollektivet?

Originally posted by konokrad View Post
                              Yeah, it's quite common to do that, but I work at a dealership and a polish co-worker of mine said that he could paint the entire car for a very cheap prize. Only hatch is that he doesn't have a place to do it, therefore it's postproned

Originally posted by TrymMidthus View Post
                              This is going to look so good!
                              Thank you :*

Comment

Working...
                              X