67 Beetle Build !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 67 Beetle Build !

Hey guys my names Tom wanted to start a thread on the new build im starting. So it’s a 1967 Volkswagen Beetle Type 1
    Its pretty much all original other than a bad respray back in the 90’s that is also the last time it was on the road and before that the one owner always garaged kept it so it has very little rust only spot is a small area in the rear section of the pan. so here we go obvious plans being posting this on stance works is getting it sitting low other than that semi-restore it and get it back to the original zenith Blue color.

The day I got it

The original 1500cc aircooled 4cyl with some new gas and a battery it fired right up after being in a barn for over 17 years

some progress on the rear floor pan where most of the rust is first had to rip out the old carpet and scrape up the tar board off the floor pan. i have new pan sections coming this week so that will get taken care of.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

also got the seats broken down and starting to reupholster them. with all new oem material.

Comment

lil before and after of the seats still need to take the heat gun to the vinyl to get all the wrinkles out but night and day difference
      Also managed to get 1967 NY plates for it from a guy that i work with that had them on his 67 back in the day

some more work did a full tuneup Coil, Distributer, Wires, Plugs, Carb Rebuild

and a quick roller shot by my friend heading home from VW Show And Go

Comment

Sweet man, That looks good. How are you dropping it? Narrowing the beam at all?

Comment

Love older beetles. Can't wait to see what you do to it!
          Whatever path you take to get to your automotive nirvana is the right path, everyone’s path is different. If more people liked cars because they are cars—not because they are a way to get attention or to way to be better than someone else—then I think the automotive world would be a better place. -benmassey

Build Thread:

Comment

any news on this?
            Some people will never understand it, why we do what we do.
            The busted knuckles and the late nights in the garage;
            it's more than a hobby or pastime, it's a lifestyle. We live it."

Instagram: @Stance_God
            My 93' EG Sedan Build ( Daily )
            My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

Working...
            X