01 Buick Regal Gs- The Beater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01 Buick Regal Gs- The Beater

Re-doing this thread with more history now that I have some time. It all started when my dad bought an 88 10th anniversary Mazda Rx7. When I turned 16 he gave the car to me and it was my baby for many years. The whole motor was done by Mazda Trix in Signal Hill, Ca. I eventually had an engine fire and numerous other problems that led me to sell the car and purchase a Ford Sport Trac. I then put everything I had into the suspension on that truck, which eventually broke an exhaust valve spring and had to be sold.

After selling the Sport Trac I bough the Regal. My wife and I had a recent addition to the family so 4 door was a must. I knew I wanted to get back in to performance cars but I had a very limited budget. After some research I came up with with a Regal Gs or a Grand Prix Gtp. Long story short I ended up with clean 136k mile 01 Gs with the lower intake manifold gaskets blown out for a cheap price. Me and my dad went through the whole top end replacing all the gaskets, new vacuum lines, water pump, thermostat, radiator hoses, etc. Just recently I added the wheels and next to come is lowering springs, new struts, headers, a tune, new headlights, and a few other items.

Wheels are Jaz Trinity 19x8.5 f +15 19x9.5 +22 r with 225/40/19 all around. Fenders rolled with a rubber mallet for now. I want to get them flared out a bit but i want it to look clean and not wavy.

Added weight to the trunk to see how it will sit

Last edited by 10yearrx7; 02-14-2016, 06:23 PM.

Uncommon platform. I like it. In for more.
    Lucas
    Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
    Originally posted by LCG
    High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

I commented on your pics on the GS group FB page. Didn't know you were on here.
      It looks good so far though. Can't wait to see it lowered. I'm working on a suspension and wheel set up for my 02 GS. Hopefully I'll start another Regal GS thread here.

Comment

Thanks I just joined. I had been looking for a while but didn't have anything done to be able to post. I put a bunch of stuff in the trunk and had my fiance sit on it and its going to look good, I will post pics when I can. I'm going to go with ssc springs for now because they actually have a good drop and I won't have the funds for coilovers or airbags until next year. Also going with the blacked out head lights on eBay and speed daddy headers with a high flow cat put in to pass CA smog then 3in. Straight pipe all the way to the back with a 3.5 or 4" tip. Then a basic tune from zzp or something. For now sticking with the 3.8 pulley.

Comment

Working...
        X