Find/reproduce bbs rs133 spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find/reproduce bbs rs133 spacers

I had two bbs rs133. So I know what I need. I bought four more and they came without the spacers on the back. Until I can get these custom spacers, I've bought some 66.56-75mm hub rings to hold me over, but...

I want to make these correct for several reasons. So I'm looking at getting custom spacers made based on one of the ones I have. The quote I got was $70 each. Since I'm having four made, it feels a little high. Thoughts?

Spacer specs:
    10mm hubcentric spacer bolted to the back of a 75mm bore 5x112 wheel face. There's about 6-7mm that slips into the wheel face bore. These are for Mercedes 66.56 center bore. So the spacer itself has a 66.56 center bore. There's no step inside the bore because the bore of the wheel face is wider than that of the car. The overal diameter is about 6 1/16" to 6 1/8". So the block of aluminum to start with needs to be about 6" X 17mm thick. In addition to the holes for the 5x112 lugs, there are the small alignment machine holes too, and then two holes for the Allen bolts to hold it onto the wheel face.

Does $280 for four spacers sound about right? Great price? High price?

I tried and failed to upload pics.

I looked into the BBS "PFS" system and it seems to use an 82mm bore instead of the 75mm bore. I guess the $70 each price / $280 for the set might not be that bad.

Comment

Hey, you're Fonzi from BW. Anything ever come of that Penta Wheels/ fittistarengineering scam? I banned all three accounts here.

Ok, the price on the spaces seems a touch high, likely because this may be the first set to be produced by this particular company/machinist.
      Have you shopped around? Do you have a BBS spacer to replicate?

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Originally posted by zoo View Post
        Hey, you're Fonzi from BW. Anything ever come of that Penta Wheels/ fittistarengineering scam? I banned all three accounts here.

Ok, the price on the spaces seems a touch high, likely because this may be the first set to be produced by this particular company/machinist.
        Have you shopped around? Do you have a BBS spacer to replicate?
        Guilty as charged! I decided not to send funds to that fittistar and apparently got lucky. He Penta reps seem to be all over now though, just at a higher price. Seeing how much they are selling those reps, it's probably time to sell my ATS.

On the bbs spacer thing, I asked for quotes from two place. The first "ezacxessory" said they wouldn't make a spacer less than 20mm thick. I told them this wasn't an adapter, and I confirmed that first is useless. The second seems to specialize in making spacers and after a talk on the phone with the guy, he said it would be no problem. Fortunately I DO have a spacer to replicate, but I tell ya, I'm not too keen on letting it out of my hands. I would **** to lose it.

The cost to make the first spacer sounds like it should be high, but when you are ordering four, I would expect some discount on at least the second set. But hey, the guy has to make a living, right?

Comment

Yeah, if you ordered a batch of 10 the price would likely go down.
          Try Adaptec Speedware perhaps? They are sponsors, may be interested in making a batch if the market is there.
          Also, look on Practical Machinist if someone is offering services in your area.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Originally posted by zoo View Post
            Yeah, if you ordered a batch of 10 the price would likely go down.
            Try Adaptec Speedware perhaps? They are sponsors, may be interested in making a batch if the market is there.

NICE!!

1/2 the price!!!

I just need to call up and see if it makes sense for me to send them (Motorsport Tech) a sample spacer to maybe drill all the holes required.

Thank you!!!

Comment

Well, the basic spacers were going to be cheap, $70/set, with $25 shipping for a $165 total for four, but then I started asking questions about drilling holes to make them identical to my sample. It's going to be another $60 total to get them replicated with a slightly smaller overall diameter than the original, but for $225 shipped, I'm still saving. So thank you very much! Good deal.

Comment

See attachments.

If you want to get all the right dimensions, I can send you a model of it. Then just fire it off to a bunch of machine shops for quote.

You can do a lot better than $225.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by KyleAnderson View Post
                  See attachments.

If you want to get all the right dimensions, I can send you a model of it. Then just fire it off to a bunch of machine shops for quote.

You can do a lot better than $225.
                  In addition to the blueprint it appears you made, there are also small alignment machine holes between the five lug holes. They should be very easy to drill.

I considered just buying the spaces without the extra holes, but figured for an extra $60, it makes sense to just get them done.

I'm sending a sample spacer to the shop in Reno, NV. So they should be able to make an exact replica. But I do say, not having the 6 1/8" diameter, just 6" is a little bit of a disappointment. But it's hardly critical. I think there will be an obvious shelf where the spacer meets tha back if the wheel. I would really like these to look 100% stock.

Comment

I was in Home Depot over the weekend and determined that the bolts used are hex head 12mm m6 Allen head bolts. I would post a picture, but haven't figured out how to from my iPhone (always saying pic is too big even at 40kB So I will just post the specs:
                    - metric socket cap screws
                    - m6-1.0 x12mm
                    - barcode 30699-82638
                    - Home Depot product code: 574226
                    - M17-A (whatever that means)
                    - $1.00 (each)

Now I can just order fresh ones for all six of my bbs rs133 (12) since Home Depot was all out. The 16mm version were an exact match but just a little too long. I could have ground them down but I'm in no massive rush since I will have to wait for my spacers to get back anyway. I am sending a bolt along with the spacer to assure they make the bolt holes right.

Comment

I had to use home depot hardware to complete my OZ Futuras with factory spacers as well as my RS133s. I'll look to see if I have the info on what I used anywhere, typically I keep a speadsheet.
                      My 190e
                      @190e_greg

Comment

I can get custom spacers made, if you're still looking for something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by SeeClass View Post
                          I can get custom spacers made, if you're still looking for something like that.

I appreciate that. But I already sent my $165 payment to the site sponsor. Seems fair. It's cheaper than my first quote by at least $55 overall, probably by $80 because there's a good chance that first $280 quote didn't include shipping, and it sounded like for all I knew the quote could have even gone up after he got my spacer. I'm pretty confident in the $225-returned to me, locked and loaded. Done deal. Git 'er done!

Sure. Maybe I could have saved a few more bucks, but you gotta pay for the machinists time. Don't forget the value of our time too. It sounds like this place is pretty reputable too.

Originally posted by Greg View Post
                          I had to use home depot hardware to complete my OZ Futuras with factory spacers as well as my RS133s. I'll look to see if I have the info on what I used anywhere, typically I keep a speadsheet.
                          I'm good. I'm confirmed on those bolts from Home Depot being exactly what I need to bolt the spacers on. Good idea on the spreadsheet! I normally just try to post the info on the web so I can google it later. Maybe someone else will benefit from it too.

Comment

Awesome glad everything is working out!
                            My 190e
                            @190e_greg

Comment

Just a little update. Lenny was hard to get a hold of or a good run there. Apparently he lost a programmer that was supposed to drill the special holes to bolt the spacers onto the bbs rs133 and the alignment holes. So I will be left to create them myself. Oh well. It's been a long enough wait, and I didn't see an end in sight. So I figured I should get the spacers in hand. I expect them to arrive by tomorrow. UPS ground takes a week from NV. Man, I prefer FedEx Ground for so many reasons. Anyway, the saga will soon be near the end, and I will just have to figure out how to drill my holes to mount them to the rs133 wheels.

Comment

Working...
                              X