THANK YOU to all that came out for 512

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THANK YOU to all that came out for 512

What a weekend! I mean wow, it's hard to know where to begin, so I'm just gonna start and hopefully not leave anyone out:

- The Fatlace Crew- Mark, Felix and Brandon.. thanks so much for helping make this a reality. Truly a great experience collaborating and looking forward to what the future holds. These guys are super down-to-earth, which made the experience that much better.

- JohnP and MayDayGarage -- It was just 8 weeks ago that I was down in Houston talking to John that we were gonna throw a event with Fatlace. Originally it was going to be in Houston, but through a great conversation we determined Austin would be fresh and different. Neither one of us could have never anticipated the success that 512 was. Thank you for your support and willingness to go out of your way to help man. The Capital Run was clearly a success, and it's collaborations like these that continue to get me excited about what the future holds. Special shout out to Chris and Mikey for being the lead cars on the Dallas and Houston leg.

- The Rotiform Boys -- Brian and Jason drove all the way from Long Beach CA in Brian's flawless A4 Avant. Quality individuals with a great product. Their dedication to StanceWorks and to the scene on whole is super encouraging. Again, great guys and the stuff they have in store for you guys is on a different level. Be on the lookout.

- VIP Modular / Platinum VIP / EVS Motors -- Yuya, Kennedy and Ted came out from SoCal and up from Houston to be a part of this. Kennedy was kind enough to bring out his unreleased suspension cup-kit and walk everyone through it. Ted brought up some high end rides sporting some of Yuya's wheels and it made for quite a sight. These guys are crazy busy, and their willingness to come out meant a lot. We are looking forward to future endeavors with these guys.

- AWOL.tv - JJ, Matt and Stephen from AWOL flew out from Virginia to come film the event. Everything these guys do is absolute gold and the true expanse of the show will be delivered via their footage. I can't wait to see what they come up with. Thanks for the support guys. Always fun kickin' it with y'all.

- Dorbritz Designs -- Drew was kind enough to come out and show off some of his work. Truly a talent and located right here in Dallas. Thanks so much for coming out and supporting us. Special shout out to Calvin for helping us with setup and running around guiding cars. Thank you man.

- AST Suspensions -- Stuart came out to show off some of the latest developments out of the AST shop. He also ran through the particulars on the StanceWork's Zero Clearance line that was on Edafe's 350Z and Mike B's E36. Having driven the E36 down from Dallas to Austin, it still amazes me how incredible the suspension handles. If you need any confirmation, just take a look at how low Edafe's Z is on 18's. Lip to fender, and I couldn't even stick my big toe underneath his bumper... and yes, he daily drives it. More platforms will be developed in the near future so stay tune. Thanks Stuart for all you do for StanceWorks!

- StanceDesign - Andrew has become a invaluable member of the StanceWork's team. His selflessness and willingness to go above and beyond to come out with the coolest soft-good apparel for StanceWorks is unmatched. More exciting projects in the pipeline with Andrew and in typical fashion, he will not disappoint.

- Team 16Niss and NOS Energy - The event would have been utter chaos without their support. A particular shout out to Rob as he worked his ass off the whole time in the blazing sun to insure that people got through the gate as quickly as possible. Seriously, they are truly self-sacrificing when it comes to the car scene. If all of us took this approach, man there is just no telling what greatness could come from it. Thanks guys for the support.

- My man DJ Dawodu -- Just like at Stance of the Union, Ebenezer was the pulse of this show. I'm not gonna lie, it was one of the hottest days I can remember in Texas, and yet he kept people up-beat and reminding folks that we were all a part of something rare and unique and to not forget why we were all out there. Everyone was upbeat and he kept the show flowing. A good guy and a better friend, you can always expect him to be setting the tone of any StanceWorks show in the future. Thank you brother.

- Tito and RE -- Refined Elegance came out in full force with their cars looking better then ever. We did not give out trophies and nor did they care and it's that mentality that is shaping the future of the scene in my opinion. Enthusiasts gathering together to appreciate all different makes and models. Really was refreshing. Thank you for your support guys. Means a lot that you would all come out in one accord. A special thanks to Tito for his guest appearance and laying down some great sets in the DJ booth. Anyone in Houston be on the lookout for Tito as he is making waves down there.

- To the Florida Crew -- MarkP, Sparky, Sean and Kayla, TayTay and Russell -- The fact that you all were willing to drive out as far as Miami... I was blown away. I wish I had gotten more time to hang out, but whatever any of you need in the future.. ask it, it's yours. Your support means the world and hopefully we can return the support in the not-too distant future. Safe travels home guys!

- Team BRG -- It took a lot to convince the owner of DriveWay Austin to allow us to hold a car show at his track. I had to go down there and meet with him, build the relationship and show him what we are about. I called up Edafe and him and the rest of BRG came out in full force to support. When they rolled in, the owner was blown away at the quality and was genuinely excited at the concept at the show. The picture you saw on the 512 website with all the cars on the track... BRG. Thanks guys for being a part of this and always being upbeat!

- E-Famous -- Peter, Diego and Matt... a shout out because you are my boys and are always willing to do whatever to support StanceWorks. Thank y'all for coming up and for Matt sweating his ass off running around doing whatever I asked haha.

-EAG -- You guys came out hard, and for that I'm very appreciative. Thank you for gathering in such a strong force and making 512 rememberable. I look forward to meeting more of yall in the events to come!

- HONORARY shout outs -- Matt, Rodney and my wonderful girlfriend Laura. Matt and Rodney are good friends of Mike B, and they rolled down for the show. The three of them went above and beyond to insure the show was a success. They were there literally from 7am - 8pm. Setting up, taking registrations, running around delivering toilet paper, picking up trash, taking down tents... I mean I could go on. The amazing part is they NEVER once complained. I was speechless. I'm not gonna lie.. we were totally blown away by spectator attendance and were not prepared for the influx. Without these guys, I don't know what we would have done. Thanks so much for your sacrifice. All three of y'all should be given a medal for your efforts.

- Participants and Spectators -- A show of this caliber doesn't happen without you all. As we have always said, you all represent StanceWorks. Your willingness to drive far distances and sit in the summer heat, all in the name of one cause leaves us in awe. More then that, everyone was just so incredibly upbeat despite the heat, and that made all the difference in the world. So many old and new friends to thank for their individual support. Forgive me as my fingers are getting tired, but know that you guys are so appreciated.

- The StanceWorks Team (Mike, Nic and Ben)

For everyone who missed out and everyone who asked me "what's next," looks like we have no choice but to do the following again:

STANCE OF THE UNION 2010 / October 16th -- It's back...
    Last edited by Jedidiah; 06-28-2010, 01:52 PM.

was good meetin mike n you ben and everyone else. event was spectacular cant wait for SOTU and anythin else yall plan will do my best to make it to everythin.

ps. i cant wait to see the gs when its done
    DSDone

Comment

Ben, as always a pleasure to spend time with you and the rest of the crews! Always happy and making us feel good to be part of something so incredible! Thank you and everyone else (too many to name)!!!! I really cant wait for Stance of the union! i hope i can bring something different, after speaking to someone at 512 Keep up the badass work and putting together the best events anyone has seen!!
      Diego Olivares
      Slammed Garage
      SlammedGarage@hotmail.com

Comment

glad u made it home safe diego now fix those damn studs lol
        DSDone

Comment

i wish the weekend didnt go by so fast!
          i had a blast.
          glad i could help as much as possible.
          lol i tried to help organize the roll-in but didnt do so well
          i think i sweat more than anyone else there.
          everybody thought i was about to die lol
          but in the end everything turned out better than i expected.
          from the show ,to my jetta making the drive there and back haha

cant wait to see all of yall again..
          Ben, Mike, andrew, the fatlace crew, brian@rotiform, the Awol guys, john p, the rommies , all the dfdub/eag guys, peter, diego, mando, edafe, ..and i know im leaving a bunch of people out but all of yall made this an experience to remember!

-Matt [mk1 jetta]
          -Matt

Comment

This is only the beginning.

--David--
            www.MaydayGarage.com

Comment

Cant thank you enough... what an awesome event!
              Chris Beardon
              statusone

Comment

This meet was like nothing I've ever been to. Thanks to everyone that contributed to make it amazing! Great work guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Pitts View Post
                  glad u made it home safe diego now fix those damn studs lol
                  ^ I know right! Didn't know rolling almost 200mi was possible on only two studs. lol

Thanks again everyone. There is no way to thank you guys enough. To have the level of quality and support that was present at this show, was unbelievable. The fact that all of this was done in less than 5months is even more unbelievable, and it is because of the dedication of everyone involed. I severly appreciate all the hard work and long, long hours everyone put in, and I am sure that anyone lucky enough to witness the even appreciates it as well.

Everyone, keep doin' wat you are doin,' and lets make more events like this one.

-Peter Lammerts
                  SlammedGarage
                  E-Famous
                  SLAMMED GARAGE
                  slammedgarage@hotmail.com

Comment

Ben- all your hard work paid off - and we all saw the results....................SOTU 2!!! COMING SOON!!!!!
                    sigpic

to purchase Authentic Tee's please PM me. And click the link below on my blog to see the shirt designs....

Follow Me: http://jluphotography.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post

- Dorbritz Designs Special shout out to Calvin for helping us with setup and running around guiding cars. Thank you man.
                      It was a pleasure helping you guys out. I will always be down to help set up for a successful show! I'm glad the show turned out well, you guys did a great job!

SOTU 2010 Here we come!
                      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                      if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
                      Originally posted by Jedidiah
                      he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

yay! Now have shit not in texas

Flickr

Comment

Thank you to Stanceworks for letting Dorbritz Designs be apart of it for sure! Also big thanks to all that stopped by the booth and who showed their support. It was cool to meet a lot of new people.
                          Dorbritz Designs

Comment

Much thanks to everyone involved in putting this show together! As a participant with a 4x4 ride height compared to many, everyone was really cool and welcoming. I joined this forum prior to this show not knowing what to expect but I think I might hang around for a while! I wish I could have met and chatted with more people but sweat soaked and sun-beaten I wasn't feeling extra social.

Thanks again!

Comment

this was one amazing event that was surprisingly well organized. from the cruise in dalas to the setup at the track. cant wait for SOTU2

hopefully my car will have a new look!

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

Working...
                              X