No announcement yet.

Jalen's 2nd uneventful 93 DA9 integra!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jalen's 2nd uneventful 93 DA9 integra!!

haha it's been sometime my friends. i come to bless you with the unlowliness i know you all love so dearly...anyway, jokes aside. I had a really slow 92 integra build on here and if you have never seen it here is the link to it and it shall bring you somewhat up to speed: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...t=70251&page=6

look through it or don't, i don't care. anyway, i took my old one to get it finally aligned and trying to make it leagally roadworthy but was sadly informed my caster was out to far and it needed to be looked by a body shop for frame damage. so, i was like eff that i need a car now. which led me into pulling the stock b18a1/ys1 and everything i wanted from my old car to be transferred to this new said car. i plan on going turbo down the road and doing a slight rebuild with different internals and lsd and possibly a b16/gsr trans with ls 5th gear.
    anyway onto the worlds jankiest car:
    when i got it home with 17's out back because front tires were blown

with the old bae lol

nasty interior there was a ant home underneath the carpet...

So, the issues with the car well it was swapped with a b20b low compression bottom and had the stock a1 head, it burns oil due to valve seals, turn signals don't work, it shakes like a stripper because the front trans to crossmember mount is gone? lol i have another one though. also, both the tint and paint suck along with the pinch welds(bent and folded). speedometer doesn't work and cel is on. right i know you're thinking why would you buy this piece of sh*t? It gets worse. sloppy shift linkage, cheap ebay short shifter, ebay sleeves on stock struts, upper ball joints gone, had a fart can on it and it smelled strange.

well, i didn't care and i just felt like i was unable to finish what my other car had started and i could not switch chassis because of that. i probably would have gotten a subaru or something the cool kids drive in these days lol.

Now, i threw away the old carpet since i have some from my old car still and i truck bed lined the floors ( after removing sound deadening of course and no pics of that) and threw my seats back in along with my nrg wheel setup and nardi shift knob.

here's how my old car sits haha:

no carpet in at this point and still isn't haha.

i had my old suspension(megan coilover sleeves on koni yellows with ebay extended tophats) my old rare dc sports polished exhaust/ magnaflow catalytic vonverter that i had to have extended and a 90-91 bumper and type r lip that i put in place of the nasty 92-93 that was zip tied and cracked.

oh, here's a picture of the pulled motor from my other integra which i did by myself, no fancy tools besides the ones in that toolbox haha:

fart can off:

By this point i removed the wing and put on my dc sports exhaust.

Bought some slaps:

jdm one piece headlights(in the mail)

inner tie rods and new bellows boots

Truhart camber kit for up front

falken tires ill be mounting on my wheels this week for the winter

my buddy that i work with is going to be doing my alignment also once the car gets back on the road this week.
    lastly, i have sway bar endlinks and lower ball joints coming for the car as well.

sorry for any mispelled or grammatical or punctuation errors. its 2:30 am here and i worked a 10 hr shift today and i'm tired but i got the urge to do this so i did. i'll post more about the car in the morning and my plans with the car. until then, goodnight stanceworks lol

Parking lot engine swaps ftw.

Comment

Oh yeah man the struggle of no garage is real

Comment

Camber kit installed and I tried to get as much of the negative camber out since you know I ain't low lol. But here's a pic:

Went to get my new tires lol there so small. I mounted and balanced them myself. They're all season falken sinceras in 195/60/14 aka balloon tires.
        Before:

After:

I Also did my inner tie rods/bellows boots when I got up this morning.

And a picture just because

Comment

It's super clean, I love it!

- Renato
          TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
          sigpic

Comment

thanks man!

Comment

I love DA Integras! I know that you'll make this one awesome build!
              Whatever path you take to get to your automotive nirvana is the right path, everyone’s path is different. If more people liked cars because they are cars—not because they are a way to get attention or to way to be better than someone else—then I think the automotive world would be a better place. -benmassey

Build Thread:

Comment

Thanks boss. I do too. They're my favorite generation of integrals to be honest but I do like other generations too. I've had two of them and my brother just got a 91 not even a month ago

Comment

tight dude! stoked to see you back in the game

follow the squad!

Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC91K2XpPO1ljzJHnPigT7OA
                  Instagram: : https://instagram.com/ihate0sc/

Comment

Had to come back homie

Comment

I got my one pieces wired up and functioning today

Also aligned the front end of my car where I work for free and got that somewhat situated. Picssssss

Also,got specs afterwards. Toe is as close to zero as I could get it up front:

I'm gonna sort out the rear camber here in a bit when I have some time. Thanks for reading guys

Comment

It's 2016 guys and it's been a minute since I updated my build thread and I'm gonna tell you guys why. This will be long post with more words then pictures so I ask those of you who care to please bare with me lol.

So basically, my engine blew up because I like a dummy didn't check the oil nor change it. I through a rod through the block. Here's the damage:

I had to have it towed to my girlfriend's house for $180 and put in her back yard. A week before that my twin brother was stabbed by two sixteen year olds who set him up. He was delivering pizza and they welcomed him inside and he just was like whatever and next thing he knew a girl stabbed him in a hoodie. He's okay but he almost died. He was in the hospital for two weeks and couldn't walk or anything. But he's all good and up in upstate New York with his girlfriend right now. The kids robbed him for 20 dollars and tried to steal his civic that is now my daily since he no longer works at dominos and has another Integra to drive. They also were caught and we are going through the legal aspect of it now. The homie, brother and twin

Now, after my car blew up I thought about selling it. Had everything and all my other stuff going with it for $2k flat.
                        A bunch of tire kickers. I was selling the car with everything, the trans and blown engine, exhaust, nrg setup, brand new fallen sn11s, truhart camber kits, jdm one piece headlights, eBay coilovers, Koni yellows and the sleeves I had for them, spare block,trans, linkage, two cylinder heads, everything.

No real offers so I opted to keep it. And basically that's where I am today. I opted to keep it since I daily the civic now. This time I put oil in it!

I thought what to do to it since its no longer my daily....keep it na and just do a mild b20b with a gsr trans or enter the world of forced induction ? So I made a choice and this happened last night.

It's a holset h1c from a first gen Cummins truck. It's a diesel turbo so it loves boost. It's comparable to the newer Hx35. It's also the smaller of the two h1c turbos offered by holset with what I believe is the 7 blade, 18cm housing instead of the 21cm 8 blade with a 54mm inducer. These are normally internally gated so my plan is to buy a smaller 12cm housing that's not internally gated that's offered in order to achieve bestter spool times and run a external wastegate. Because race car.

So I started getting the spare b18a1 block ready by disassembling it and I'm going to stay stock bore and run a set of Nippon(scat) turbo rods which are forged and I want to say the pistons are a stronger cast piston. Not sure if I will be building the head or what just yet trying to learn and take it slow but I plan to have a majority of it together by summer but time will tell. Might sell it haha.

On to some pics of the block apart and what not

Power washed

At the crib

Dank crank bra

Mo stickas and my awesome girlfriend got me one of these things! I was siked

Until next time guys, also my tax return should be coming soon so I should have roughly around a grand to use for things but it depends. I'm very budgetminded so I will wait for used quality parts but we'll see stanceworks.
                        Last edited by jalenda9; 03-18-2016, 05:43 PM.

Comment

so I be back with a couple little updates.

first off, all the pictures are on my phone and I'm on my laptop right now so ill upload the recent pictures that I have to show you guys.
                          so, I got the holset h1c it has the 18cm turbine housing but i'm going to be buying the 9cm housing fro tims turbo soon. possibly next week. now I don't make a whole lot of money so i'm going to budget this build so it can get a footing and whatever I feel should be upgraded I will gladly do. I don't need that do it right the first time talk please and thank you. my build my choice but feel free to critique it. I can take CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

so I ordered a generic t3/t4 cast manifold from ebay. quality is alright, everything lines up so i'm not mad. next thing I ordered was a EMUSA wastegate. Its basically a tial replica. I also have heard that they are interchangeable with tial parts. it came with a 4,8, and 10 psi spring. the head is going to stay stock other than arp headstuds and possibly adjustable 5 bolt cam gears.

list of what I still need to get:
                          -intercooler and piping and couplers
                          -bov
                          -750cc injectors(looking to make 300 to 350whp max)
                          -oil feed fitting and return line
                          oil pan with bung(either going to diy it or get a moroso)
                          -manual boost controller(probably hallman or turbosmart)
                          -oem oil pump
                          -new crank pulley(f'd mines up)
                          -water pump and timing belt
                          -figure out pcv catch can(probably running the two fittings off the back of the block)
                          -forged rods and pistons
                          -main and rod bearings
                          -everything machined honed and cleaned up
                          -2.5 bar map sensor
                          -wideband o2 and gauge
                          -cj's wiring harness
                          -figure out tuning
                          -arp head studs
                          -valve seals
                          -other related gauges
                          -some sort of radiator
                          -downpipe
                          -wastegate dump tube

and probably a bunch of other stuff i'm forgetting lol. now pictures will be below. sorry for the double post

-

Comment

Day I got the snail

Test fitted it and yes I know I had it on backwards lol

Then I got the emusa wastegate and went a grabbed one of my spare heads from storage and mocked it all up to see the fitment and all was well so here is where I'm at now:

Yes so I got tax money back but I'm going to still be slowly doing this week by week because I'm learning myself as I go. So I'm not just ordering stuff I don't need or rushing to blow it up.

Comment

Dis gonna be all sorts of good.

Comment

Working...
                              X