• Show
Clear All

• FS: 2007 Widebody S2000

Owner: Kevin
    Contact: PM or Text. Text for faster response. (937) 545-0114
    Title Status: Clean

Year: 2007
    Mileage: 68,500 miles

I'm the second owner of this car. The first owner lived in Charlotte, then Raleigh so it's been a southern car it's whole life. The original owner had a full spoon setup and a stage 1 SOS supercharger setup on the car. This was the car a few years prior to my ownership.

So it was a nice car for a long time. Previous owners priorities changed and he lost interest and parted the car out. The car developed a misfire and he ended up selling the car to me like this:

So I brought it home with a misfire, beat up ap1 wheels, stripped interior and two hacked quarters with white plastidipped shine replica flares that were duck taped on. Not the greatest condition but it was a good place for me to start. Anyone who knows me knows my hatred for bolt on flares so I sold the flares, sold the front end as my legalo front had already come in and got to work on the misfire.

Happy news was the misfire was a simple issue with the plug and play harness from SOS, actually a fairly common issue for PNP harnesses to my understanding. Got the car running, and it had a good compression test. Drove it around for a week or two and put 500 miles on it without a hiccup. Then took it to a metal work shop and had them make plans for the quarter panel work.

Quarters Panels: I wanted to fix the quarters, but I also wanted to add some width back there. However, my main concern was as OEM looking as possible. I wanted a setup that if people didnt know what they were looking at, they wouldn't guess it had any work done. I have detailed the build process in my build thread, but essentially, what they did was cut off the entire quarter panel, address any possible rust issues, and build the quarters back from the inside out with an additional 2" of width per side. They did phenomenal work. The welds were seam sealed, primed and undercoated with high quality products. While the car was in the shop I had them weld close the holes in the trunk from the spoiler and the mirror bases.

Engine: Even though the car ran 100%, I wasn't that interested in the SOS kit. For supposedly 350hp, while quick, it didnt make me giggle like I thought, so I removed the kit and planned to stroke the engine to a 2.4L and use the URGE ITBs when they came out. Long story short, that never happened. I flashed the ECU back to stock, got an OEM exhaust and cat, kept the ASM header and Okada coil packs and let it be. Car pulls wonderfully strong. I don't have compression or leak down numbers yet, but will have them prior to sale.

Interior: I picked up black carpets to replace the rather beat up red carpets and picked up very clean 05 seats from a local here. Red door card inserts currently unless I swap them for black AP2 panels. It's still lacking a soft top tray and the soft top itself has two rather oddly placed tears but I have the car garaged.

TL;DR

Mods:
    Quarters Widened 2" each. Full metal build.
    Spoon LWFW, clutch, PP
    ASM header
    Okada Coil packs
    RSK shift knob
    Full Amuse Legalo face kit
    Rizoma Mirrors

Cons:
    no soft top tray - can look to replace it, but I don't find it necessary
    two small tears in the soft top- not in the usual spots, i'll grab pictures soon
    needs wheels and coilovers obviously
    Airbag not currently wired -will be prior to sale
    Passenger seat needs AP2 rails- working on getting this done.

Car is mechanically very strong and cosmetically nice. If I chose to keep it I'd gut the soft top, get a black OEM hardtop, Ohlins DFV and Desmond Regamasters in 17x9+40/17x10 +20 and just have a lot of fun.

$19k The quarter panel work alone makes this truly unique, let alone the legalo front.

A quick photoshop from a friend at BLK Wheels

Link to my build thread for those that want to see the quarter panel build work.
    Automotive builds - Juntsky's Widebody Amuse/ASM AP2 Build thread- @dundundunsky - Table of Contents: Page 1: Quick 1 history, fortune auto, amuse R1, quickly worsening aesthetic condition Page 2: Legalo announcement Page 3: Mugen, Js, beatrush, ASM parts hoarding Page 4: Tragedy, and the bounce back. Legalo parts...

I have nothing to hide with this car. I had lost interest in S2000s after my first one and when my legalo front came in a bit of me wanted to "finish my build" but after this thing sat in my garage for a year I realized it's not the car I want to build, so I wanted to get it to a good starting point for someone else to finish and enjoy. Hoping to see this car go to someone who can really appreciate the work that went into it. Any questions at all please feel free to ask. Open book.
    Last edited by juntsky; 03-20-2016, 06:38 PM.

Can vouch for this car. I haven't seen it since paint, but the metal work is mint and that front end is pure sex. Someone needs to finish this car. It deserves it.
    IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Bump!

Last edited by juntsky; 01-15-2016, 02:27 PM.

Comment

bump
        Last edited by juntsky; 01-15-2016, 02:27 PM.

Comment

20k Bump

Comment

bump

Comment

GLWS Kevin, someone needs to buy this thing already

Comment

thanks!

Comment

price drop 19k firm.
                  Last edited by juntsky; 03-20-2016, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X