Hi everybody, my name is Stipe, age is 24 and the country is Croatia. It all started aboute two years ago, got a regular job and saved up some cash, then bought a '88 Yugo in mint condition 1st hand, garaged car... then I tried to fit new parts wherever I could... pictures->
- Whole car was painted inside and out, it had some small dents, and the colour
was 20+ years old. I went for Citroen C2 VTS rouge KKNB red
- Rear wiper and nozzle cleaned, wider arches, door skirts and logos removed
(except of the logo on the bonnet)
- Original strut bar (front)
- Seam welded
Suspension & brakes
- Custom coilovers with FK springs
- Girling brake calipers (Fiat Uno Turbo I.e)
- Metalli ventilated discs 240 mm
- Steel break hoses
- FAD front arms (longer than std. - negative camber)
- Eccentric bolts on rear coilovers to decrese negative camber
- Aluminium sway bar holders with polyurethan bushes
- Dunlop SP 2000 175/50 tyers
Engine & transmission
- 156A3000, Fiat Tempra 1581 ccm 86hp, restored
- Bore increased to 87 mm, new AE pistons
- Supersprint exhaust mainfold
- Weber 34/34 DMTR
- SF Sprintfilter air filter
- Electric low pressure gas pump Hardi 0.38 bar
- Gearbox 4 speed 13/53 diff
- Sabelt Racer competition seats x2
- Sabelt harness x2
- Sabelt sliding mechanism for seats
- Sabelt Akropolis steering wheel 350/95 mm
- OMP pedals
- TIM 80 mm tachometer
In the future I' m going to buid a new engine, 1.6 Fiat SOHC again, 5 speed gearbox 13/53 diff and buy a original rollcage for Yugo (SASSA Italia).
I also purchased 2 Weber DCNF 40 carbs and a Sprintfilter mainfold, EMPI air filters, Cat Cams 291 camshaft, fabricated an adjustable cam pulley from a standard one, also awaiting ported cylinder head with bigger valves and lightened flywheel...
Cylinder head prepared by quartermile.ws, ported, valves 40mm/34mm (originally 37,5mm/33mm), new valve guides, new valve seats....
- Engelmann mirrors
- Rear lights and blinkers from Yugo Tempo (white/red)
- BWA Sportstar wheels 8J ET5 rear, 6.5J ET3 front (1976, restored)
(I have a thing for four spoke wheels)
- Side windows from the first models (not pop-up), rear window as well
This is how the car looks now...
That' s all folks... need to save up some more cash to finish the new engine.....