Got Bags, Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Bags, Need Help

Hey guys! So pumped, just got my bags in today! Pretty clueless on the trunk setup though. I was trying to go to hide as much as possible. What material would you recommend me to buy to mount everything to? Here's a picture of my trunk. Throw out suggestions. Im thinking of mounting the compressor/manifold in the spare tire spot and the tank above that, right under the trunk flooring. Let me know what ya think. Thanks

Do you want the tank bracket under or above the carpet?

In my opinion, hiding the tank brackets under the carpet would look clean.

I don't know if theres a reason the tank brackets are as long as they are, but I would cut them and shorten them so that the bottom of the tank is like 1mm above the carpet itself when mounted.

Just a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by oprahhwinfreyy View Post
      Do you want the tank bracket under or above the carpet?

In my opinion, hiding the tank brackets under the carpet would look clean.

I don't know if theres a reason the tank brackets are as long as they are, but I would cut them and shorten them so that the bottom of the tank is like 1mm above the carpet itself when mounted.

Just a suggestion.
      I was thinking of having them under the carpet for the clean look, yes.

Comment

Just make sure that whatever mounting option you go with you can still get to your tank drain without having to tilt the tank back. If it becomes too much of an issue, you can always go with a remote drain or an electric one.

3/4" MDF has always worked well for me for trunk installations.

You can also run Viair compressors on their sides if it helps you fit it. Of course, you'll want to make sure there's enough room around it for some air flow to circulate around the head.

Comment

3/4" MDF is what I have used.
          M A Z D A F I T M E N T

Follow my journey into the Stance World: MonsterMazda's Bag Build

Comment

3/4" MDF as said will help. I wouldn't mount the compressor right to the floor or it will be VERY loud lol.
            Follow the build on IG: @kmcguckin
            Bagged/Boosted/Widebody 350z Roadster
            Wrong.Fitment.Crew

Comment

Working...
            X