"Lil Blue" DA9 Integra GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Lil Blue" DA9 Integra GS

So long story short I'm not really new to this site, but I feel like there is a lack of Integra's floating around on here. So anyway on to the story:

I bought the car from my uncle back in October 2007 as a bone stock 1992 GS. It was one hell of a step up from my Dodge Colt at the time and really got my head into more sporty cars. We didn't really start out on a great foot when the distributer cap crapped out on the drive home, but I threw a new one on and all was well.

Here she is the first night I got her home (sorry for the poor quality)

It stayed stock for the first winter and then the mod bug bit in the spring. Being that I was a mod happy 17 year old I made some poor choices, but nothing that wasn't reversible thankfully. At the time it was lowered on Tein S-Tech springs and stock struts with no way to adjust camber. It chewed through tires like it was going out of style. Fun fact kids, get your car properly aligned, it'll save you money.

Ha, and people called this low.

Then as time went on I got my head on straight and got a steady job it got a little better. I put the stock tail lights back in and bought a set of JDM one piece head lights from a super sketchy guy at a local car meet. I loved the look but the light output was piss poor from the hard to find H4H bulbs.

I also went camping with the ex and figured out I could tuck tire with the mushy springs and a weeks worth of camping gear.

Then I went off to college for an industry that I hardly knew existed and the car stayed the same pretty much for a few years. After graduating I turned wrenches at a small hangar that was relatively close and was enjoying the hell out of life.

I also found an '89 Integra front lip at the local auto wrecker. I love this lip and it was about $12.

About a year later I somehow fell into my dream job swinging wrenches for a major airline and it was/still is great. Plenty of time to work on my own projects while getting to work on planes worth more than I'll ever earn. After a while of scouring Kijiji for a decent wheel and tire set up I just said screw it and bought a new set of wheels. They're 16x8 Enkei Compe's with 205/45/R16 Achilles tires. I was nervous as hell buying these as it was my first step into the stance game. They looked rather goofy on just the lowering springs.

Then the next week before the snow had even started to disappear a brand new set of Progress CS2 coilovers came up for sale locally for a steal so I jumped on those as well. They are for a DC Integra so the rear shocks are much shorter compared to stock. No worries though I just cranked the rears all the way up and set the fronts about mid way down the collar. I loved the height but the rears rubbed like nobodies business which led me to rolling the rear fenders with a baseball bat. Not my finest moment but it got the tires in the wheel well.

Unfortunately as things seem to go around here it wasn't all good fun. While driving the girlfriend home one night there was a random patch of the road torn up. This was fine, I had the ground clearance to get up and down the dip that was left but what I failed to notice was the manhole sticking up 6 inches out of the middle of the road. Luckily my header took the brunt of the hit and it only lightly dented the oil pan.

That was easily resolved with a shiny new ceramic coated header from DC Sports. This pretty much brings me to where the car currently is. I bought a fender roller and properly finished off the rear wheel arches and lightly did the fronts to keep from catching them when turning. Now the car is up on the hoist with no rear suspension because I'll be doing the rear trailing arm bushings which are in dire need of replacement. To end off the first post here are a few current pictures. Thanks for reading and I'll update this when I add or change things as I go.

Yes I have an addiction to G2 Integra's...

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Yes .

Comment

Originally posted by deltaalpha9 View Post
      so long story short

yes i have an addiction to g2 integra's...
      yes
      Originally posted by FunfGang
      But lol at the "meaty look" "coming back".
      Originally posted by Dudermagee
      XXr's, homey.

Comment

Love this body style of integra, always wanted one growing up. Plan on getting one some day

Comment

I LOVE the wheels dude, they're on the list of sh*t I want for my car.
          SAAB 900 T16s

Comment

Had a sedan g2 for my first car. It was pretty riced out lol. Yours is pretty nice though, future plans?
            sigpic1998 Volvo s70 na auto
            kinda low, kinda loud, really slow. check it.
            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=35112

Comment

Originally posted by dharker View Post
              Had a sedan g2 for my first car. It was pretty riced out lol. Yours is pretty nice though, future plans?
              I was actually looking for a DB1 when I was shopping around but ended up picking the GS-R up instead because it was a steal of a deal and the 4 doors are hard to find in somewhat decent condition. As far as plans go I'm thinking of doing an LS/Vtec to liven up the old engine (it currently has 340,000 km on the original engine) and buying a set of 15x7's with some sticky tires and finally getting it out on a track. I also should get on doing all the bushings in the car because they're fairly tired after 23 years of abuse. Also plan on addressing the body work because of the typical Honda herpes eating away at the rear wheel arches. Nothing overly exciting but I daily it in the summer and try to enjoy it as much as I can while there isn't snow on the ground.

Comment

One of my favorite colors on the DA! Looks good, cant wait to see the direction you take with this build
                Insta: @pantiesmores

Build: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...hlight=versace

Comment

I'm not sure how much of a build it will be but it's nice getting a warm reception. On topic of the car though I got my new trailing arm bushings in today. They're now clocked correctly and are the Hardrace hard rubber units so they should make a nice change from the old worn out squishy rubber ones. Just have to load up each corner and torque all the bushings now and then it'll be off the hoist. I also found someone local to potentially fix up the exhaust because it's an ebay unit that fit, but not well.

Comment

I love DA's. Cant wait to see this progress
                    My Accord Build

Instagram: @puzzlemaster94

Comment

Well I got it aligned after doing the RTA bushings and dialing out some camber. The fronts came out to -2.2* and the rears were set at -1.5* in the rear. It actually got rid of a bit of the reverse rake I had going on. I could have just threaded the coilovers up but they're for a DC Integra and are up as high as the want to go without crazy preload. My sisters dog also was supervising when I was cleaning the front lip last weekend.

I'll also grab some interior shots tonight because I somehow forgot to add any of them to this thread.

Comment

Finally an interior picture:

And one from a trip down to Calgary for some training I had to do:

Lastly one of the GS-R because it was clean and I drove it today.

Comment

So last Thursday I went to drop the girlfriend off at work and had an "Oh shit" moment on the drive home.

The oil pressure light started flashing and so I naturally figured I had smashed out my pan at some point down the road but the oil level was good and not a single drip underneath. I called AMA because I had 4 tows left for the year and figured it was best to play it safe. It actually got on the flat deck quite nicely with the bumper off and a pair of 2x4s.

Got it home and up on the lift and found that there was a fair amount of oil around the oil Px switch so I picked one up the next day and threw it in.

Looks like the diaphragm inside had finally had enough and gave up on life.

Also a picture of the engine bay because I haven't posted one yet. I really need to clean under the hood but it's hard to find motivation for something I mostly leave closed.

And finally a picture of a starter off of a 737 because one crapped out on the way to the hangar last night.

Comment

its gotta be really interesting working on planes...that fascinating. that's good you caught that switch when you did. my engine bay needs a lot more than a good detail lol.

Comment

its looking clean! I love the fact that you've had it for so long. Strenghten the bond
                              Ruining cars since 2006 yo

Comment

Working...
                              X