Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the least douchey Mercedes Forum, I'm lost in the purity puddle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the least douchey Mercedes Forum, I'm lost in the purity puddle?

First post here, but I've been around for ages. I'm thinking about picking up an older Benz, pre-2000 specific model isn't as relevant, but that's not the point. A little background, originally I drove a MKIV Volkswagen slammed on Brock B4s, then after college I had a E90 N54 so I've participated in the internet communities associated with BMW and VW, which have been overwhelmingly valuable throughout the years. Now on to the reason I started this thread.

Is there really no VWVortex equivalent for Mercedes???

Side note: I specifically mean in English, the German forums thanks to Google Translate are a much better resource from my brief experience attempting to source info.

I guess what I'm trying to summarize here is... I've spent the past couple months reading through various Mercedes forums in attempt to drum up constructive conversation and more often than not have come-up short. It appears to be a lot babbling without much conclusive factual material.

Seriously... Does this really need to have its own thread in a DIY forum?

On the backside others ostracize every creative thought as impossible or even delinquent. The whole purist mentality is misrepresentative of the brand, but on a wider scale pretty much everything German. The OEMs don't even subscribe to it.

If anyone knows of other Mercedes forums, outside of BenzWorld, MBCA, 500EBoards, MM-100, fill me in because I'm lost.

Thanks!
    Last edited by kok335; 09-02-2015, 12:57 AM.

Good luck. All the cool benz owners gather here.
    IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

MBWorld has a huge collection of car MB guys - an especially BIG M113k following. The MB modding community tends to be very conservative, but as the cars age and get used by more people, the communities tend to open up about 'unique' mods.

If you're all about doing crazy/different things - I feel like this is probably the best place for it :x

Comment

I'm afraid they're all pretty bad. MBWorld seems to have the least conservative group, but the W124 forum at least is just dead. PeachParts has good tech for the older stuff and there are people on there who know quite a bit about engine tuning on the diesels.

But yeah, we're all pretty much over here.

Comment

I like benzworld, but I only go to the 126 section and I'm sure they're all different
          4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Working...
          X