Bout damn time. E34 525i Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bout damn time. E34 525i Touring

Alright boys, I'm Tracey (andro name, put your dick away mate)
    Been in and out of this site for the last few years. Finally got my license this year, and only just got a car worth showing a month ago

I'm from the lovely city of Seattle - where the potholes are deep and the hills are steep!

Here's my 1992 E34 Touring. I love it. Kinda slow, has a rampant drinking problem (loves premium), but looks darn good even with it's burnt-ass clear coat in the driver's side.
    I didn't do any of the noticeable mods on it (yet), I wish I did, but I'm happy with it

Automatic until it explodes. I really only commute to school, and honestly - a manual makes me sweat when some rich foreign exchange student pulls up a little too close in their leased McLaren at a stop light on Caphill...

Anyways you don't care about me so here -

Sooner plans (boring shit that matters):
    - Needs new brakes, fluid and lines
    - Coolant flush

Realistic plans:
    - Would do with some spacers, possibly 20mm rear, 15mm front (Tires aren't really the best for an aggressive fitment now, and they're like brand new)
    - Smiley's and clear corners would make me smile
    - Maybe a little lower, again, potholes deep hills steep
    - A stereo that doesn't sound like a WWII tape

After I get my life together plans:
    - Bags
    - 18" Alpina wheels, but I do love the uniqueness and look of my Style 26's
    - Respray
    - S52
    - Would love an AC Schnitzer front bumper thing and an m5 rear, but to get reps of both is like $850...

IG is @glis_m since that's mandatory nowadays

Cool car! Always loved the BMW Tourings, especially the e34

progress IS a slow process

Comment

Nice touring doode

Comment

Originally posted by R2dmax View Post
        Cool car! Always loved the BMW Tourings, especially the e34
        Originally posted by delvin View Post
        Nice touring doode
        Thanks guys!

Comment

good start, just a few more little touches to get that perfect OEM+ look
          -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
          -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
          MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
          Got Drop??

Comment

sweet sweet! definitely hitting your IG up, cant wait to see whats in store for this girl...

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Kinghorn View Post
              sweet sweet! definitely hitting your IG up, cant wait to see whats in store for this girl...
              Cheers man! Hopefully mine ends up half as awesome as yours :~]

Gave her a bath after I bled the brakes.... And then it rained the next day.
              Last edited by foxster; 09-06-2015, 11:18 AM. Reason: added photo

Comment

Style 26's are so oddly intriguing and look great on here=) Are you on cut springs or coils?
                95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

Originally posted by Earl View Post
                  Style 26's are so oddly intriguing and look great on here=) Are you on cut springs or coils?
                  Thanks Earl! Had a 318ti for a little bit before this - you're an inspiration to us all!

I personally love the Style 26's, don't see em often at all! It's on BavAuto springs and Blistein Struts with the rear self leveling deleted!

Thinking of cutting ~1 coil off the fronts to get rid of the textbook E34 reverse rake

Comment

How does that setup ride? I just changed my blown strut insert and I think the spring on that side is messed up. I think lowering springs would remedy it, plus it is an excuse to bring the car closer to earth haha.

And thank you for the kind words=) Why did you get out of the compact?
                    95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

Oh hey a local build. I love Tourings so much. Definitely gonna follow this.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl View Post
                        How does that setup ride? I just changed my blown strut insert and I think the spring on that side is messed up. I think lowering springs would remedy it, plus it is an excuse to bring the car closer to earth haha.

And thank you for the kind words=) Why did you get out of the compact?
                        It rides OK, a little harsh at times, it's pretty stiff. My rear struts need replacing anyways!

Funny story about the compact - bought it at a stressful time, had to learn how to drive a manual at a stressful time, always had a stressful time driving it. Since the factory paint was in horrible condition -- I decided to paint it... With rolled on Rustoleum.

It took months to do. Looked decent, but I'm too critical and noticed every flaw. I couldn't stand being around that car after all of that. So I sold it!

Originally posted by SnazzyQ View Post
                        Oh hey a local build. I love Tourings so much. Definitely gonna follow this.
                        Thanks man! Been following your builds for a few months now

Comment

Might have to make a build thread one of these days...

Comment

Used the thing as BMW intended yesterday

Makes me a little worried about getting spacers :~[

Comment

Working...
                            X