SOL with my settings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOL with my settings.

So I ordered the Airlift V2 digital for my 2012 wrx, got it installed by a local shop that has done a couple of them for my exact car already so I know it was properly done.

The manual states that it "recommends 50 psi" which i did use when i first had it installed. It felt like riding a horse. good lord. So my daily setup is now 38fronts, 45 rears. Dampers have all been -5 clicks from the stock setting. The only issue is from the rears which i can not for the dear life of me, can fine tune.

Called airlift tech support to be greeted by some dude who sounds like he works at the night shift at walmart or mcdonals which gave me little to no help at all. The install was inspected 3 times to verify everything was in working order. But apparently the car is "topping out/Maxing out" when i hit over bumps or imperfections in the road depending on how high my psi is set.

Only solutions ive been offered is to lower the psi rear to alleviate the "knocking sound', while this has worked. I've have ample travel in my wheel arch, like about 1"-2" still even if i air out the springs. But my bumper and exhaust is now scraping depending the the road I drive on now. So i gotta sacrifice piping or risk the "clunk" sound. The coils in the rears them self have already been adjusted to the max height (extended all the way) but yet it still occurs. Not running a crazy offset wheel setup or anything. Just the oem wheels and a 15% thicker tire over them oem rim.

my buddy has the ksport kit, feels like riding on air. which is the similar for me if its -7 clicks all around. but my rear end twerks like miley cyrus at the vma's if i have it that soft. soo did i get a defective kit? it hasn't even had 1k on them yet and the ride is almost worse than my stock suspension.

We do have longer lower strut mounts for the rear of your car that will solve the issue you are having. Give tech support a call at 800-248-0892 and tell them you need the longer mounts, they will get you taken care of.

Lower than you......http://www.airliftperformance.com/

Comment

We do have longer lower strut mounts for the rear of your car that will solve the issue you are having.

Comment

i will give them a call in the morning, just hope i dont have to pay out of pocket since i'm just surprised that I paid so much money and ended up with a product that dosent even allow the user to run stock heights. I'm have oem wheels and it was supposed to be tested and designed supposedly, even said so on their website https://www.airliftperformance.com/v...ubaru-impreza/

is there anyway I could get patched though with someone who will not give me a hard time? the last two calls ive made havent been exactly "friendly" in terms of their tone wanting not to help me out..

Comment

No, you will not need to pay for the mounts at all. The kit was designed as a lowering kit, so it was not designed to give you a ton of lift.

Anyone in the tech service department will be able to help you out.

Lower than you......http://www.airliftperformance.com/

Comment

Working...
          X