The Low Rsx That Could.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Low Rsx That Could.....

Whats up stanceworks never really posted on here figure i would start a build just for fun.

So it started out as a 02 Acura Rsx Type S. All stock but cheap intake and makeshift exhaust. Bone stock suspension and wheels and tires. So i picked it up local here in pa. little rust not to hateful. Just so happens on mt way home im looking threw 5x114 on craigslist and found these mint whitlers with brand new falkens for 500!!!! Didnt even have a spot of brake dust on the inside of the barrels. Scoreeeee. I know every one runs then but i think they look pretty decent polished on a silver car.

But of coarse stock suspension looked horrible haha only drove like 2 days like this til i found a mint set of first generation k sports. Fairly awesome price too. They ride pretty good so far i love them.

Start out just lowering slowly to see how the exhaust and every thing hung. Then one day me and pops broke out the pipe bender and went to town tucking everything since it seems the wierd downward bend of the cat is the culprit from keeping me going any lower now i have plenty of room for extra activitys !!!!

This is the way she sits now would like to get better pics and the front lip is on its way to the paint booth as we speak so the front will seem a little lower just need rear arms and maybe small spacers to get the rear flush but so far im stoked.

Thanks for veiwing guys give me some feedback love to hear. not going all out just yet just slowly coming along after all she is my dd haha. thanks enjoy...

Pretty good progress so far. Looks a shit ton better than 99% of the modded RSXs in my town. I always liked the Whistler KR1s.

Comment

Clean man, can't wait to see it with a lip. Good find on the wheels too, I never find anything worth buying

'08 335i

Comment

Looks good so far. Any plans to add some foglights to fill in those openings on the front bumper?
        MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Wow, I really wish my RSX was that clean when I owned it.

For going real low, prepare to have zero suspension travel.

4" front springs are your friend.

Comment

The fogs and front lip would complete the perfect DD. Perfect drop. Looks great man, I also love the KR1s.
            My 2011 Toyota Vitz build thread.
            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56411

Comment

Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
              Looks good so far. Any plans to add some foglights to fill in those openings on the front bumper?
              Yeah might try something different been looking around at just front end set ups if every thing goes right this week might have a decent turbo set up so might just end up mocking the front up for more flow for the intercooler any way so not to worried just gonna throw a lip on it and see how it all settles with the wheels.
              Originally posted by Dremetos View Post

Yeah found that out real quick. I love your build man been following it a while i love how yours sits its like perfect. im slowly finding all the bugs in the rsx's suspension set up still.
              Originally posted by TerenceJCruz View Post
              The fogs and front lip would complete the perfect DD. Perfect drop. Looks great man, I also love the KR1s.
              Thanks man me too on the kr1's there slowly growing on me ive always been a fan of wild looking polished wheels i just wish i had something a little more crazy and unique but ill work on that as i go haha.

Comment

super clean car, that first picture looks like ur aired up lmao but dude what part of PA are you from? i'm from maryland and have hella friends from hanover and littlestown that come here all the time.

follow the squad!

Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC91K2XpPO1ljzJHnPigT7OA
                Instagram: : https://instagram.com/ihate0sc/

Comment

Btw you like the hatch suspension set up better ? i also had a ek coupe that was pretty low for a while seems like that were just way better set up for handling major slamming on its face. the rsx seems to **** it haha.

Comment

Originally posted by ihate0sc View Post
                    super clean car, that first picture looks like ur aired up lmao but dude what part of PA are you from? i'm from maryland and have hella friends from hanover and littlestown that come here all the time.
                    Haha im from hanover also. Dont go down to maryland much though. A big stanced scene down there or not to much ?

Comment

The RSX literally hates being low. I figured it would be great with no upper control arms to slam the strut towers, but it just sucks. My tie rods kept banging my strut towers, denting them. Never got low enough in the front. Ran 195/40/17's in the front and still almost had wheel gap.

Pros... The pan is way above the subframe so that's pretty much safe.

Cons... The subframe gets stuck on literally everything (got stuck 3 times in a 2 hour span once just cruising around) & the TERRIBLE ride quality up front.

Comment

Originally posted by brockasaurus View Post
                        Haha im from hanover also. Dont go down to maryland much though. A big stanced scene down there or not to much ?
                        if you go to the right places it's pretty big, my friends from hanover tell me that it's big down there so, i guess it is lmao

follow the squad!

Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC91K2XpPO1ljzJHnPigT7OA
                        Instagram: : https://instagram.com/ihate0sc/

Comment

The RSX literally hates being low. I figured it would be great with no upper control arms to slam the strut towers, but it just sucks. My tie rods kept banging my strut towers, denting them. Never got low enough in the front. Ran 195/40/17's in the front and still almost had wheel gap.

Pros... The pan is way above the subframe so that's pretty much safe.

Cons... The subframe gets stuck on literally everything (got stuck 3 times in a 2 hour span once just cruising around) & the TERRIBLE ride quality up front.
                          Haha thats hilarious you say that not even 20 mins after fully dumping the front, on 205/40s, beached the subframe twice. I knew right then it was gonna be a fun build. And i havent noticed my tie rods yet but im going to check em out now you say something. I take it my pillowball bushings are bad if it knocks when hitting small bumps and stuff? They were pretty old coilovers didnt look to rough but def prolly 3 + years so im thinking the pillow mounts are gona

Comment

Sorry guys been slacking a little haha working alot. So had a local place try to paint match my lip to my car that failed terribly tried to go the cheap way and thats what I get. Going to try a place that painted my dads chevelle. ANY ways still waiting on the rear camber arms to get here still waiting on shipping. front needs played with a little more. i think the back is going to be nasty once i pull the camber just a tad and get the lip to touch with spacers i think its going to look beautiful. But so far im stoked with the out come the silver on chrome wheels just pops for me. my instagram is @_brockasaurus_ if you want to see other pictures of the car.

Comment

No Editing No Filters Straight Masterpiece she a bad bitch i know

Comment

Working...
                              X