Mighty Green Bean (BMW 2002...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mighty Green Bean (BMW 2002...)

This thread is my show-n-tell about my 1975 BMW 2002. There have been a few famous 02’s on here and I do not plan to copy them but am inspired by namely Chubby Chowder and Heist.

For some background on the car…

I got the car roughly a year ago five days before I left for college. I got the car after accompanying my friend to pick up some “free” parts but the following BMW was sitting the guy’s drive way and the price was right. I then spent a weekend in the garage cleaning out a spot to put the car then subsequently left for three months.
    It was finally winter break and I FINALLY got to work. Now picture time!

Hopefully that gives all of you a mental picture of what I got myself in to.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by holafson; 08-04-2015, 09:02 PM. Reason: Fix the picutres

The pictures are not working for me

welcome to the forum, looks like you got yourself a nice model to tinker with! thus the madness begins
    Ruining cars since 2006 yo

Comment

Originally posted by Meeve View Post
      The pictures are not working for me

welcome to the forum, looks like you got yourself a nice model to tinker with! thus the madness begins
      Thanks for the heads up! It should be working now.

Comment

Here's to hoping that 5 gallon bucket was used as a seat! Looks like a great start, definitely check your rockers thoroughly for rust though. It hides there on these '02s all the time. Interested to see what you do with it

Comment

Twerkin' fo' me
          Originally posted by FunfGang
          But lol at the "meaty look" "coming back".
          Originally posted by Dudermagee
          XXr's, homey.

Comment

Gotta love another 2002 build
            http://www.neuemotorsports.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Dylanhat View Post
              Gotta love another 2002 build
              Thanks man! I saw all your stuff out in Enumclaw, that is where I am from.

Comment

I would like to catch everyone as fast as possible so this post will contain two parts.

Part 1: Some of the Rust

There is some rust on the old beauty but not nearly as bad as I have seen on other builds. This came as a surprise because the guy who had it before me pulled it out of neglecting hands. Initially there was a lot of grass latched on the under carriage. The worst of the rust looms in each floor pan. Other trouble spots are the trunk and roof (seen in pics below).

Part 2: The plan

Problem 1: No engine!
                Solution: First research, and then buy a BMW m42

Problem 2: Stock stance
                Solution: Build my own front coilovers and adjustable rear seats with the help of Ground Control. My goal is not to build a frame scrapper though.

Problem 3: 13” Wheels are too small for my likings
                Solution: Unknown yet. I might go with some larger 15” steelies or something else no quite sure yet.

I will share the photos of my suspension parts at a later date but here is my e36 with my m42.

Hopefully this weekend if not early next week I will be able to get everyone up to date to where I am currently. I have tons of pictures so as I write it is hard to figure out which ones to show.

Comment

Working...
                X