Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japan Imported Alpina B10 E34... We're way over our head on this one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan Imported Alpina B10 E34... We're way over our head on this one.

Hey all, This vehicle I'm posting about is a good friend of mines car.
    I've been helping him ever since he got it and its been pickle after pickle.

It all started out (or so I'm told) is with buddy being sick and tired of riding
    his crotch rocket. he had used to be very active as a stunting dingus doing
    highly stupid and entertaining maneuvers on said crotch rocket. which resulted
    in numerous accidents and lots of lost time staying in hospital. At some point
    he had decided to say fuck it and ended up trading his bike and leathers
    (valued at about $2500) for the Alpina e34. He had no idea what he had gotten
    nor did he know if it even ran!

So along came buddy who asked me for parts and where to get them. aparrently
    buddy was told that it had a blown head gasket and before hand was running
    perfectly fine. So I decided to help him out to hopefully diagnose what was going on,
    and sure shit it looked like a blown headgasket, oil in coolant and all! but what
    worried me was the white corrosion shit all over the neck for the thermostate.
    which to me looked oddly familiar from back in my subaru days when the previous
    owner in the grand JDM land had only used tap water as coolant and destroyed the
    crap out of my coolant system!

And thus began the tear down!

It looked to be a very healthy looking m30 engine! the cross hatches still looked mint,
    pistons (though the cylinders had coolant in them) had no detonation and little corrosion.
    everything looked mighty fine until we looked on the bottom of the head.

Well this was a huge problem. There was no way for us to find another M30 head.....
    until.... we found this!

A very clean E34, running, driving, M package leather heated seats, She was a beaut!
    nearly perfect other then the transmission being on its way out... but that means tons of
    spare parts and an m30 head for the low low price of $800! Cant go wrong there. plus we
    also have some future plans for mr red... since after we take off the head that m30 block
    will be useless to us... so she may get a 350... who knows!

Other than that We're in the middle of doing a valve grind and rebuilding our franken head
    as well as making the valve cover and intake manifold all pretty!

lots more to come, hopefully i have half entertained you all thus far.

Love e34's. Subbed!
    I am a party pooper. I poop at parties.

Comment

I wish it had the Alpina Recaro interior. It's so good.
      IG: ossiep

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzit View Post
        I wish it had the Alpina Recaro interior. It's so good.
        I wished id had that more than i wished it had a v8.
        buuuuut, not my car, im just stuck wrenching on it

Comment

came here for the blue and green striped recaros which were nowhere to be found, but stayed for the entertainment...

Comment

Working...
          X