No announcement yet.

FS: Kerscher (BBS) RX 17" wheels w/ new tires - aggressive offset, staggered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Kerscher (BBS) RX 17" wheels w/ new tires - aggressive offset, staggered

Well, I just bought these from a forum member here last month. I had them imported from Germany (to USA). I had all the lips refinished at a local shop to get rid of the minor curbing, and they also mounted and balanced my new tires for me. Unfortunately, my experiment to fit them on my M Roadster was a failure. Not surprisingly, the rears are perfect (this car can swallow anything in the rear wheel wells), but there's no way the fonts are going to work, and I must let these beauties go. I figured I'd try to sell them complete with tires first, since they are ready to bolt on, balanced and everything. The tires are brand spanking new from Tire Rack, and haven't rolled a single turn. My car is being restored right now and doesn't even have seats in it. I only bolted them up for a test fit, cried, and then took pictures. The main problem is the wheel width and the offset. I'd need 20mm spacers up front, and they're already poking out with 17.5mm spacers and still hitting my brake calipers. Also, you simply can't get 30 or 35 series tires in these widths when it comes to 17" tires. 40 series is the smallest I could find. There's enough meat on these tires for a 650+ HP car, way overkill for the M Roadster, but like I said, it was a (very expensive) experiment.

Here are the sizes:

Fronts: 17x9 ET35 Tires are Continental ExtremeContact DW 255/40R17

Rears: 17x10 ET11 Tires are Continental ExtremeContact DW 285/40R17

The centerbore is the BMW 72.56mm size, 5x120 bolt pattern.

The wheels are in great shape for being from the mid 90's. Like I said, the lips have just been re-done. The wheels have never been taken apart before. The centers are very clean, with minimal marks. Original Kercsher Center caps included. The only issue is that some un-diluted wheel cleaner unknowingly got onto the freshly polished lip on one wheel, and left some streaking. I was unable to completely remove it. If you know how to polish raw Aluminium wheels, it shouldn't be a problem for you. I figure anyone who buys these are probably going to take them apart and fully restore them, but all the hard stuff is already done (i.e. fixing the curb rashed lips and installing appropriately sized tires). Anyways, I've now got $3000 into these wheels and tires, with receipts to show for it, but I am only asking $2500 OBO for the whole set, plus actual shipping cost. I've never shipped complete wheel assemblies before, but I will do my best to make sure they arrive to you safe. Only interested in selling to continental US buyers at this time. Here are some photos:

Last edited by Chamberlin; 08-04-2015, 11:31 PM.

Bump!

Now on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141730530292...S:1123&vxp=mtr

Comment

Being that these are BBS wheels, are there other centers out there that could replace the Kerscher centers, and effectively change the offset depending on what centers are installed?

Comment

Why you do not make the Front wheels smaler mate? And use 215/40/17. for the Front and 245/35/17 for the back?
        Last edited by daywalker; 08-02-2015, 02:45 PM.
        sigpic

Follow me on Instagram:
        German Classic Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by daywalker View Post
          Why you do not make the Front wheels smaler mate? And use 215/40/17. for the Front and 245/35/17 for the back?
          Thanks for the reply Martin-

1) the tires you mention are smaller than stock, and this is an M roadster! If I am going to spend this much money on wheels and tires, they need to be wider than stock (as well as unique and with nice lip!)

2) I've already got $3000 wrapped up in this tire/wheel package...it could cost another $800 to cut down the barrels. I'm not willing to make any more experiments.

3) Cutting down the barrels would still require a 20mm spacer up front, as the brakes still are touching the bolts (barely) with 17.5mm spacer.

4) I have already found a very special set of 18" HRE wheels that will work without difficulty, but I can't buy them until the Kerschers sell first.

So, although I do like the Kerscher wheels, I just made some poor assumptions about fitment. The Z3 M cars are very accommodating for rear wheels, but the fronts are more difficult. Finding a set that covers both front and rear is a challenge. This has been an expensive lesson for me so far! And it's not over yet!

m.f.g.
          Chamberlin

Comment

Just reduced the price to $2500 and also updated the eBay ad.

Comment

FS: Kerscher (BBS) RX 17" wheels w/ new tires - aggressive offset, staggered

So beautiful man. Good luck with sale. Try to add your lip sizes if you can. People like knowing that stuff

Comment

Originally posted by boostedese View Post
                So beautiful man. Good luck with sale. Try to add your lip sizes if you can. People like knowing that stuff
                Thanks a lot man! Sucks I have to get rid of them, but just can't make them work. I will take some shots of a front and a rear with a dollar bill or tape measure. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Originally posted by Chamberlin View Post
                  Thanks a lot man! Sucks I have to get rid of them, but just can't make them work. I will take some shots of a front and a rear with a dollar bill or tape measure. Thanks for the tip!

Let me know. Feel free to PM me. I'm pretty interested in running these. Thanks!

Comment

Let me know. Feel free to PM me. I'm pretty interested in running these. Thanks!
                    Will do! Going to pick up a Z3 coupe tomorrow, but I'll do my best to get your more pics by Sunday.

Comment

Here are some lip pics:

Comment

Willing to split tires off, $1800 plus shipping for wheels alone.

Comment

Looks like wheels are sold...I had to split them up from the tires. But the tires are still available for $600, just FYI.

Comment

Wheels and tires are both sold! Thank you StanceWorks forums...Already bought new wheels!

Comment

Working...
                            X